With 34,000 copies sold, the new album from Jerrod Niemann, Judge Jerrod & The Hung Jury, debuted at No. 1 on Billboard’s Top Country Albums chart, effectively ending Lady Antebellum‘s six-month streak. The big news revealed during Taylor Swift‘s live web chat on Tuesday is that her third album, titled Speak Now, will be released […]
Caitlin & Will/Keith Anderson Dropped; Gretchen Wilson’s Redneck Records; Initial Lineup for CMA Awards
Caitlin & Will and Keith Anderson have parted ways with Columbia Records. Tune in to GAC tonight to catch the premiere of “Why Don’t We Just Dance,” the first single and new video from Josh Turner‘s recently delayed album. The previous album release date was Nov. 10, but that has been pushed back three months […]
With “I Told You So,” Carrie Underwood became the first country artist in history ever to achieve 10 No. 1 singles on the strength of their first two albums. New releases for the week of May 12, 2009 include: Alecia Nugent – Hillbilly Goddess Amazon | iTunes | MySpace Amazing Rhythm Aces – Very Best […]
September saw a rash of superb releases that tended to dominate the list, although eleven different albums end up making an appearance. I have to think artists that know what they’re doing are able to duplicate quality while others only reach greatness every once in awhile due to luck. A couple of interesting notes about […]
The European CMA announced their award winners and according to his MySpace, singer/songwriter Billy Yates won Male Vocalist of the Year. Carrie Underwood took the top prize for female vocalist, Brooks & Dunn notched another duo award and George Strait scored an album of the year trophy. Folk singer U. Utah Phillips–who modeled his name […]
Carlene Carter – Stronger Born the daughter of June Carter and Carl Smith and step-daughter to Johnny Cash made Carlene Carter an heir to a rich line of country music nobility, but that doesn’t mean you’ll finder her latest album dripping with steel guitars, fiddles, and hillbilly twang. Stronger is at times beautiful and poignant, […]
Michael Corcoran lists “Blue Eyes Crying In the Rain” as the number one essential Willie Nelson song and asks, “Which Willie Nelson songs can you not live without?” It’s hard to argue with his list, but seeing as though it wasn’t included in the list of ten, I’d have to say the Townes Van Zandt […]
- Scooter: I agree Holly Williams can do no wrong in my eyes. Such a good album and great to see live …
- Carrie Mclaughlin: Your my Hero Mr. Jim Lauderdale!!! Come to Alaska Please? hehehehe
- Jeremy Dylan: You should check it out Dave D. It's from the first (and strongest) season.
- Leeann: Wow! I love that Holly William's cover of "No Surrender"! She's gotten to be so good.
- luckyoldsun: I made it through a minute of that "Girl In a Country Song Video." Man, that sucks.
- lindsay thomas: Wife and I saw these guys last Thursday night, (7-24-14) at the Ryman in Nashville. What a show. …
- Donald: I'm guessing that is meant to read 're-release' Detroit to Wheeling, as the double album originally appeared on Pinecastle in …
- Michael A.: Has anyone else had a difficult time trying to get the free download from the Reba site?
- Dave D.: I can't believe that I never saw the Willie Nelson Monk episode - and it was a Sharona episode, as …
- nm: Taylor Swift was on CSI once. Not only was Steve Earle on The Wire, in one episode Omar quoted him about …