Tom Roland recapped Sunday’s Music City Keep On Playin’ — A Benefit For Flood Relief event. Brad Paisley and his wife, Kimberly Williams-Paisley kicked the night off with a $100,000 donation and went on to help raise $1.7 million at last count. Jack Ingram has been on a mission to write a song a week […]
Gifted with one of the greatest voices in pop music, Shelby Lynne has been a critical favorite since her debut single in 1988. That song, “If I Could Bottle This Up,” a duet with Country Music Hall of Fame member, George Jones, established her as one of Music Row’s most promising talents. Though she began […]
Very few artists have been as successful at reinventing themselves as Donald Eugene Lytle (May 31, 1938–February 19, 2003). Possessed of enormous talent as a vocalist, Lytle was not as talented at keeping himself in check. As a result, he continually found himself in hot water. Lytle was born in the small rural town of […]
Lady Antebellum became the first act to reach platinum status in 2010 with its release of Need You Now. Country California Fake News: Radio professionals from across the nation are converging on Nashville this week for Country Radio Seminar (CRS), an annual gathering that gives them the chance to rub elbows with the next generation […]
Country Music Hall of Fame Announces Inductees: Jimmy Dean, Ferlin Husky, Don Williams, and Billy Sherrill
Jimmy Dean, Ferlin Husky, Don Williams, and Billy Sherrill were announced as the newest members to be inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame. New releases for the week of February 23, 2010 include: Big Jeff Bess – Tennessee Home Brew Amazon | Bear Family Records Don Rigsby & Midnight Call – The Voice […]
This is Paul Dennis with the 9513 speaking with Gene Watson, whose new album A Taste of the Truth is being released on Shanachie Records. I think it comes out today, doesn’t it Gene? GW: It was released yesterday, Paul. PAUL W. DENNIS: I’ve had the chance to listen to it. It has a wide […]
With one of the more recognizable voices in the genre, Lacy J. Dalton blazed across the skies of country music during the 1980s, producing a number of memorable songs along the way. While not an overwhelming commercial success (only nine of her songs made the Billboard country Top 10) as an artist she impressed with […]
Jody Miller is best remembered for “Queen of The House,” an answer song to Roger Miller’s “King of The Road.” This is unfortunate since Miller was a top-notch talent with vocal chops equal or superior to any female singer performing today and does not deserve to be tagged as a novelty singer. Like her contemporary […]
A person surveying the country music scene at the beginning of 1973 could be forgiven for thinking that David Houston was en route to a career that would culminate in eventual induction into the Country Music Hall of Fame. His most recent single, “Good Things,” would reach #1 on Cashbox and complete a decade in […]
Johnny Richard Duncan was born in Dublin, TX to a very musical family. His mom played rhythm guitar in his uncle’s country band and many of his cousins went on to have fine careers in the music industry, including noted songwriter Troy Seals (“Rattle the Windows,” “Don’t Take It Away,” “Two Old Cats Like Us” […]
- Dave W.: Just read the news here. Will miss E145 very much - love this site. All the best to you Juli …
- Leeann Ward: Oh, dang! This is real. Farewell to the most generous, informative, quality, intelligent, consistent, ethical country music blog! You …
- bll: Thanks Juli for all the great articles and information; you'll be missed by me and I suss several others. Best …
- Both Kinds of Music: I hope people appreciate the irony that one of the best "Americana" albums is titled Metamodern Sounds in COUNTRY Music.
- Barry Mazor: I would not rule out that possibility..There's a different set of voters involved..
- Dana M: Does anyone else think that Brandy Clark actually has a good chance of winning since this isn't a country awards …
- Juli Thanki: UPDATE: Brandy Clark got a Best New Artist nom. BEST AMERICANA ALBUM: Rosanne Cash -- The River & The Thread John Hiatt -- Terms …
- luckyoldsun: Glenn Campbell is great and I'd love to see him get an award, but the words of that song may …
- Casey Penn: Juli, it was an honor to write for you here on Engine145.com. You're good at what you do, and The …
- bob: Go Brandy FGL - Just go away.