Few things have more of an impact on the human psyche than the passing of our loved ones, including those that have acted as our inspirations. In song, their collective stories live on in our hearts and our heads. Each note can remind us where we have come from and move us in ways we [...]
Rosetta Tharpe Honored; Della Mae Plans Webcast of CD Release Party; Stream New Miranda Lambert Song
Billy Barton, who wrote “A Dear John Letter,” passed away earlier this month at the age of 81. Loretta Lynn is out of the hospital and resting at home as she recovers from pneumonia. She plans to hit the road again on November 3. Rosetta Tharpe will be honored by the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum [...]
- Rick: Opry Alert! I'm guessing(?) tonight marks the end of the spring season of the Thursday Night Classic Country Opry shows ...
- bob: Thanks for the info on the PBS Carole King concert. It will be good to see Trisha Yearwood sing again.
- Jon: Nope.
- Luckyoldsun: Sounds good. Is she--or her husband--related to Dallas? (I'll assume not to Joe.)
- Luckyoldsun: R-- Sounds like you're expanding your palate. "60′s style California hippie vibe" sounds like something you'd have banned from your playlist.
- Rick: I like the production, the excellent guitar picking, and Rebecca has a nice voice with individuality, but the song structure ...
- Rick: That Buddy Emmons tribute album sounds kinda interesting. I just might have to give it a listen when it's available. Congratulations ...
- Jon: Jack Bernhardt is the bomb.
- Bruce: Good article on Rucker. I do not care for all his songs and he is far from my favorite. I ...
- Kelly D.: Dig the Whiskey Sisters and the write-up from ol' Jim C.