Scott, Wayne – Wayne Scott was the father of producer/songwriter Darrell Scott, and released his debut album, This Weary Way, in 2005, at the age of 70. Here is a tribute Darrell posted on his site. Smith, Willie “Big Eyes” – Smith was a revered harmonica player in the field of blues music. He played [...]
Jason Isbell’s Van and Gear Stolen; Doyle Bramhall Sr. Passes Away; Jennifer Nettles Considers Solo Record
Phil Vassar will have a brand new Christmas album called Noel available on November 22. The 10-cut collection on RodeoWave Entertainment includes five original songs and five holiday classics. “I love the way Christmas makes you feel,” says Vassar. “How it makes you slow down and re-evaluate your life. It makes you think about years [...]
- Rick: Why Leeann, I'm all for "charity" when I am the recipient! (lol)
- Rick: I'm glad to see Miss Leslie was able to raise enough funds to record a new album. I can't wait ...
- J.R. Journey: Congratulations to Trisha Yearwood and Little Big Town. They join Hank Williams Jr. in the country-stars-with-Emmy-awards category.
- Juli Thanki: They're no Tracy Jordan.
- Luckyoldsun: Here he is with Mr. Johnny Carson: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L5QC9ZJkM8
- Blake Boldt: Trisha and LBT for the EGOT.
- Barry Mazor: I thought Luckyol was kidding--and he may have been. The Ames Bros charted dozens of times, and Ed Ames ...
- bob: Before going solo, Ed Ames was a member of the Ames Brothers. The brothers had some hits in the 50's ...
- Luckyoldsun: "My parents’ record collection consisted of Ed Ames, Perry Como..." Ed Ames made records? I did not know that. I thought ...
- Leeann Ward: Old Town, where Griffin is from, is just a few minutes away from me.