CMT premiered the video for Bill Anderson’s “Old Army Hat.” Listen to Trisha Yearwood’s “Met Him in a Motel Room” from PrizeFighter, which comes out next week. Jason Isbell: Live at Austin City Limits will be released on DVD November 24, so you can force your family to watch it on Thanksgiving. (via press release) […]
Update: Brandy Clark has signed with Warner Bros. Records. Cole Swindell will release a new EP called Down Home Sessions on November 17. Garth Brooks came in at No. 6 on CMT’s All-Time Top 40: Artists’ Choice. Garth also fell on his moving stage in Kentucky last Friday. If he’s not careful, he’s going to break a […]
It’s easy, with the perpetual slow-trickle arrival of new country songs, singles and stars, to become fixated on the brand new and of-the-moment—as some publications, writers and fans do. Yet some level of recognizable continuity has been a basic element of the music from its beginnings. In country music, themes and sounds and performers are […]
Barry Mazor wrote a feature on Mary Gauthier for The Wall Street Journal. Kelley Mickwee (The Trishas) will release a solo album, You Used to Live Here, on July 22. Listen to one of the tracks, “River Girl,” here. Take a sneak peek at Kacey Musgraves and Katy Perry’s Crossroads episode, which premieres on CMT […]
Willie Nelson Announces New Album; “All 4 the Hall” Raises $600K; CMA Music Festival Adds Free Shows
Willie Nelson will release Band of Brothers on June 17. The track listing includes nine new songs (including this one) and Willie’s versions of “Whenever You Come Around” and “The Git Go,” which will be a duet with Jamey Johnson. Last night’s “All 4 the Hall” benefit concert raised an estimated $600,000 for the Country […]
Radney Foster’s Next Record Due in May; Watch How to Write a Banjo Concerto Trailer; New Album Releases
A third person died from injuries sustained in last week’s SXSW tragedy. Radney Foster will release Everything I Should Have Said on his own Devil’s River label May 13. (via press release) Kelly Willis and Bruce Robison announced a bunch of tour dates; according to a post on Willis’ Facebook page, the duo is gearing […]
Eli Young Band Tops Country Albums Chart; Grey Fox Lineup Announced; Lindi Ortega Releases New Video
More details are emerging about Thursday’s fatal SXSW incident. If you’ve got a couple bucks to spare, the SXSW Cares Fund is accepting donations for those affected by the accident. Rhonda Vincent & The Rage were guests on Music City Roots the other night. Here’s their take on “Drivin’ Nails in My Coffin.” Teea Goans was […]
Four hours and 40 songs of music by country music’s biggest and brightest stars honored George Jones at Bridgestone Arena on Friday night. Saving Country Music live-blogged the event if you’d like to relive the evening, and Twang Nation has some videos if you weren’t lucky enough to be in the audience. Jerald Wayne Mills, 44, of […]
Tongue-in-cheek genius Peter Cooper of The Tennessean has declared himself “Commissioner of Country Music,” which gives him governing powers over the entire industry. Commissioner Cooper then calls for Lee Ann Womack to be returned to radio playlists and for party/truck songs to be banned. Jon Bream of the Minneapolis Star Tribune thinks Brad Paisley’s tour […]
Lee Ann Womack, Loretta Lynn Among Additions to George Jones Tribute; Taylor Swift Education Center to Open; Alan Jackson Releases New Video
Brad Paisley, Martina McBride, Big & Rich, Loretta Lynn, Lee Ann Womack, Craig Morgan, Thompson Square, Ronnie Milsap, Bill Anderson, and, uh, Megadeth have been added to the super-sized lineup of performers at what would have been George Jones’ final Nashville concert on November 22, which has now been named “Playin’ Possum: The Final No […]
- Leeann Ward: It was Brad Paisley and its on his Christmas album.
- luckyoldsun: I seem to recall hearing a recording of the Christmas song "Walking in the Winter Wonderland" where the line "In …
- Leeann Ward: For a slow new Christmas music year, the announcement of the Jamey Johnson Christmas EP and the Christmas tracks by …
- chris: That voice singing with Jim Ed is younger sister Bonnie, also a member of the Browns.
- Kev: I saw Jim Ed at the Opry in June and he sounded great then. I certainly look forward to …
- Delica Smith: I've had the blessings of following Mr. JimEd and Helen Cornelius since the mid 70s. I was a amateur …
- Inell: I meant to say you still sound as great as you did when you sang Pop O Top
- Inell: Oh Jim this is an awesome song I will be adding this to the collection of your other records I …
- Arlene: I couldn't agree more with Bonnie Raitt's description of Mavis Staples as a live performer. Forget St. John's wort-- …
- Tom: "...lucinda williams recorded enough material for another album" - better late than never this strike of wisdom.