CMT premiered the video for Bill Anderson’s “Old Army Hat.” Listen to Trisha Yearwood’s “Met Him in a Motel Room” from PrizeFighter, which comes out next week. Jason Isbell: Live at Austin City Limits will be released on DVD November 24, so you can force your family to watch it on Thanksgiving. (via press release) […]
CMA Launches Startup Accelerator; Actor Options Film Rights to Steve Earle Novel; Opry to Return to NYC
Progressive bluegrass duo Jimmy Gaudreau and Moondi Klein will release their third album together, If I Had a Boat, on Rebel Records September 30. It is good. (via my ears) Actor Chris Hemsworth, best known for playing Thor in various Marvel-verse movies, has optioned the film rights to Steve Earle’s novel I’ll Never Get Out of […]
HoF to Open Nashville Spotlight Exhibit; Terry Baucom Offers Free Song Download; MerleFest Launches Smartphone App
A spotlight exhibit dedicated to the show Nashville will open at the Country Music Hall of Fame & Museum on April 5 and run through October 31. Check out the album art and track listing for George Strait’s Love is Everything (out May 14). Here’s Buddy Miller and Jim Lauderdale playing “I Lost My Job […]
Rosa Lee Watson passed away on Thursday, six months after Doc, her husband of more than 60 years. Songwriter Frank Dycus, whose credits include “I Don’t Need Your Rockin’ Chair” and “Unwound,” passed away on Friday. He was 72. Walter Hensley, the “Banjo Baron of Baltimore,” passed away on Saturday at the age of 76. […]
The legendary Kitty Wells passed away yesterday at the age of 92. These lengthy obituaries from the Washington Post, New York Times, Tennessean, MusicRow, NPR, and CMT.com are all worth reading. Bassist Bob Babbitt, who played on classics like Gladys Knight & The Pips’ “Midnight Train to Georgia” and appeared on albums by Frank Sinatra, Elton […]
With one of the more recognizable voices in the genre, Lacy J. Dalton blazed across the skies of country music during the 1980s, producing a number of memorable songs along the way. While not an overwhelming commercial success (only nine of her songs made the Billboard country Top 10) as an artist she impressed with […]
- Leeann Ward: Thanks, NM. I like a good pop hook, to be honest. So, maybe I need to try it again.
- Barry Mazor: OK, Jim Z. That changes everything. I surrender.
- Jim Z: to call the Dirty River Boys an "Austin area band" is still incorrect. They are based in El Paso.
- nm: Leeann, you and I often have similar tastes in more-traditional country. And, to my ears, Sam Hunt's voice and lyrics …
- Barry Mazor: Matter of fact, as always--I did. The notes say the album was recorded & mixed by and at "The …
- Roger: Looking forward to picking up the Jamey Johnson Christmas EP - love all of those songs and can't wait for …
- Jim Z: that record was recorded in El Paso. (you could look it up) and other than appearing in Austin once in …
- Leeann Ward: Yes, I can always use more dobro in my life! Thanks for the Phil Leadbetter tip! I haven't been able to …
- Barry Mazor: OK, Jim. The record's more or less out of Austin. But I'm sure they're also good in El Paso...
- Jim Z: Dirty River Boys are from El Paso, Texas.