Stagecoach Lineup Announced; Dierks Bentley, Tim McGraw to Perform at CMA Awards; New Album Releases
The 2015 Stagecoach lineup was announced yesterday. Tim McGraw, Miranda Lambert, and Blake Shelton will headline. Other acts slated to appear include Merle Haggard, John Moreland, The Band Perry, Logan Brill, and Sturgill Simpson. Check out the full lineup. John Prine’s masterful “Sam Stone” is American Songwriter’s Lyric of the Week. Johnny Vincent of The Sally Mountain […]
Stream John Fullbright, Kelly Willis & Bruce Robison Albums; Todd Snider Salutes Mick Jagger; B.B. King Documentary Premieres Today
A few album premieres: John Fullbright – Songs Kelly Willis & Bruce Robison – Our Year Amy LaVere – Runaway’s Diary Bronwynne Brent – Stardust Sturgill Simpson performs “Time After All” in the Nashville Scene’s “Live in the Morgue” video series. Todd Snider salutes Mick Jagger in an American Songwriter column. Alison Bonaguro […]
Garth Brooks, Reba McEntire, Kathy Mattea, and Radney Foster were a few of the artists who helped celebrate Bob Kingsley and his 40 years in country radio. The University of Chicago Press is offering Bob Reisman’s I Feel So Good: The Life and Times of Big Bill Broonzy as a free e-book. The New York […]
Merle Haggard is headlining MerleFest this spring. Dolly Parton’s Blue Smoke will be released in the U.S. on May 13. The tracklisting includes “Banks of the Ohio.” (via press release) Country Radio Disc Jockey Hall of Fame member Smokey Smith passed away on February 3 at the age of 91. Listen to Johnny Cash and […]
Stream There Will be Nights When I’m Lonely, the new album from one-man band Possessed by Paul James, at Saving Country Music. Mandy Barnett will release I Can’t Stop Loving You: The Songs of Don Gibson, through Cracker Barrel on November 11. Tracks include “Sweet Dreams,” “Oh, Lonesome Me,” and “I Can’t Stop Loving You.” […]
TG Sheppard Hospitalized; Sam Phillips, Jerry Lee Lewis Among Memphis Music HoF Inductees; Underwood Goes Platinum
T.G. Sheppard is in critical condition after being hospitalized on Sunday with a bladder infection that spread through his bloodstream. Barry Mazor interviewed Garth Brooks for this fine Wall Street Journal article. Julie King of the News Guardian reviewed a recent Mary Chapin Carpenter/Shawn Colvin concert. Willie Nelson was one of the guests at Jamey […]
- luckyoldsun: If they're only allowed one modern inductee per year in the H-o-F, then there's a backlog developing. You have Skaggs, …
- Leeann Ward: I'm not an ETC fan, but I do love "Brotherly Love" with Keith Whitley.
- luckyoldsun: It's got to be "What I'd Say." (I think that's the title.) There was some question, I believe, over whether …
- Paul W Dennis: probably "Nobody Falls Like A Fool" or "Silent Treatment"
- Lynchie from Aberdeen: Where in heck's name is "That Was A Close One"?!?!? It's the guy's best song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrR_2rXiKA0
- Cody: Love seeing ETC getting some credit! My five, in no particular order at first; Crowd Around the Corner Home So Fine I Have …
- Juli Thanki: I think it's technically a Keith Whitley song, but I've always been fond of his duet with ETC, "Brotherly Love."
- luckyoldsun: Lots of very good artists have not had anywhere near the radio play and hits that Lee Ann Womack has …
- Hard Times: Just read Jewly Hight's feature on Womack. I couldn't believe Womack has had only a half dozen or so Top …
- Barry Mazor: Leeann, Im not surprised about your sister's response--or that, for many, Garth Brooks now equals the ancient days of country …