Shovels & Rope, Jason D. Williams Plan Summer Releases; CMT Music Awards Nominees Announced; New Album Releases
Shovels & Rope will release their sophomore album, Swimmin’ Time, on August 26 via Dualtone Records. (via press release) Watch Kacey Musgraves sing “Follow Your Arrow” at the GLAAD Media Awards. The 615 reports that country singer Julia Sheer is a viral phenomenon thanks in part to YouTube’s Country Now channel; she’s got 450,000+ subscribers. A different […]
Bobby Osborne Launches Video Series; Valerie June to Make Austin City Limits Debut; New Album Releases
Watch the first two installments of Bobby Osborne’s “Road to the Opry” video series. 2014 marks Osborne’s 50th year as an Opry member. Time to vote for this year’s Lone Star Music Awards. Mary Chapin Carpenter played a couple shows with The New York Philharmonic. Here’s Jon Pareles’ (New York Times) take on one of […]
HoF to Launch Miranda Lambert Exhibit; Jesse McReynolds Celebrates 50 Years with the Opry; Dolly Books Glastonbury Gig
Miranda Lambert: Backstage Access will open at the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum on May 16; the exhibition will run through November 9. Tomorrow the Grand Ole Opry will pay tribute to Jesse McReynolds, who celebrates his 50th anniversary as an Opry member this year. Tammy Wynette’s daughters want the singer’s name to […]
Emmylou’s Wrecking Ball Gets Deluxe Reissue; Dierks Bentley Documentary Due 2/22; New Album Releases
Nonesuch Records will release a three-disc (including a documentary DVD) expanded version of Emmylou Harris’ 1995 album Wrecking Ball on April 8. Harris also announced she and Daniel Lanois will be touring this spring to celebrate this reissue. The Tennessean‘s Nate Rau reports that, “Under current copyright law, songs recorded prior to Feb. 15, 1972, […]
Billy Currington Indicted for “Terroristic Threats”; Kacey Musgraves Added to Bonnaroo Lineup; Stream New Kenny Chesney, Vandaveer Albums
EW.com premiered Kris Kristofferson’s recording of “How Many Days,” a song from the upcoming Stephen King/T Bone Burnett/John Mellencamp project, Ghost Brothers of Darkland County, which is coming out June 4. Stream Vandaveer’s album of murder ballads, Oh, Willie, Please…, before its April 30 release date. The Texas Thunder music festival will raise funds for those […]
HoF to Open Nashville Spotlight Exhibit; Terry Baucom Offers Free Song Download; MerleFest Launches Smartphone App
A spotlight exhibit dedicated to the show Nashville will open at the Country Music Hall of Fame & Museum on April 5 and run through October 31. Check out the album art and track listing for George Strait’s Love is Everything (out May 14). Here’s Buddy Miller and Jim Lauderdale playing “I Lost My Job […]
The Railroad Revival Tour, where artists travel the country via 1940s train cars and play outdoor “pop-up” shows near the train tracks at each stop, is one of the neatest tours out there. Last year, the inaugural RRT featured Old Crow Medicine Show, Mumford & Sons, and Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros. This year’s […]
This year’s Railroad Revival Tour will feature Willie Nelson, Jamey Johnson, John Reilly, and Band of Horses. Early bird tickets go on sale Friday morning. Laura Cantrell played a couple Kitty Wells songs and her original, “Kitty Wells Dresses,” for KDHX. Chuck Mead talks about the upcoming one-show reunion of BR549’s original lineup: “Like the […]
Liz Anderson Passes Away; Willie Nelson Sings Country Classics; Danny Booth Joins Frank Solivan & Dirty Kitchen
Songwriter Liz Anderson, known for co-writing “(My Friends Are Gonna Be) Strangers,” to name just one, passed away at the age of 81. She also co-founded the Nashville Songwriters Association International. Willie Nelson tackles country classics like “Why Baby Why” and “Sixteen Tons” on Remember Me: Volume 1, due out November 21. Check out the […]
- luckyoldsun: I made it through a minute of that "Girl In a Country Song Video." Man, that sucks.
- lindsay thomas: Wife and I saw these guys last Thursday night, (7-24-14) at the Ryman in Nashville. What a show. …
- Donald: I'm guessing that is meant to read 're-release' Detroit to Wheeling, as the double album originally appeared on Pinecastle in …
- Michael A.: Has anyone else had a difficult time trying to get the free download from the Reba site?
- Dave D.: I can't believe that I never saw the Willie Nelson Monk episode - and it was a Sharona episode, as …
- nm: Taylor Swift was on CSI once. Not only was Steve Earle on The Wire, in one episode Omar quoted him about …
- Barry Mazor: It's only a slight stretch to recall when Jimmy Dean met James Bond: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbwDGtj84YY
- Arlene: I suspect you'll also be including an episode of L.A. Law....
- luckyoldsun: The Johnny Cash episode was the one Columbo case where you really felt "the b--- had it coming."
- A.B.: Janice - I saw that too and sent him a Tweet about it.