CMHOF Announces “Dylan, Cash & The Nashville Cats” Exhibit; Glen Campbell Music Video Released; New Albums
On March 27, 2015, the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum will open a new exhibit called Dylan, Cash, and the Nashville Cats: A New Music City. The exhibit, which runs through December 31, 2016, will focus on the “many rock and folk artists who came to Nashville in the late 1960s and early […]
Gerry Goffin Passes Away; Rhiannon Giddens Plans Solo Album; New Book Celebrates the Telluride Bluegrass Festival
Songwriting legend Gerry Goffin passed away yesterday at the age of 75. What’s your favorite song that Goffin co-wrote? (I’m partial to “Will You Love Me Tomorrow” and The Byrds‘ version of “Goin’ Back.”) The project to restore Woody Guthrie’s childhood home in Okemah has hit a snag due to a financial dispute. The 615 […]
In what was promoted as his final live concert, George Strait set a record for the largest crowd for an indoor concert in North American history at AT&T Stadium in Dallas on Saturday night. More than 104,000 people were in attendance. Lionel Richie is plotting a sequel to his country duets album, Tuskegee. Check out the […]
The nominees for the 2014 Americana Honors & Awards were named yesterday (check our Facebook page later today for Barry Mazor’s exclusive photos from yesterday’s announcement shindig): Album of the Year: Sarah Jarosz – Build Me Up from Bones, Robert Ellis – The Lights from the Chemical Plant, Rosanne Cash – The River and the […]
Johnny Cash’s Out Among the Stars debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard Country Albums chart, selling 54,000 units in its first week. This is Cash’s second posthumous chart-topper. People has added a country music section to their website. Dolly Parton is playing Glastonbury this summer. Lyle Lovett performed on Conan. (warning: autoplay) Gladys Flatt, Lester’s […]
Fourth Person Dies from SXSW Injuries; Billboard and Twitter Team Up; Mary Gauthier Announces Tour Dates
Download a free, 55-page excerpt of Galadrielle Allman’s Please Be with Me: A Song for My Father, Duane Allman. Dierks Bentley, Kellie Pickler, Tim McGraw, Toby Keith, Lee Brice, Luke Bryan, Hunter Hayes, and Keith Urban will perform on the concert special ACM Presents: An All-Star Salute to the Troops, which is taping in Vegas […]
Omnivore to Release Hank Williams Record Store Day EP; Stream New Dierks Bentley, Marah Albums; Dave & Phil Alvin Salute Big Bill Broonzy
On Record Store Day, Omnivore Recordings will release Hank Williams’ The Garden Spot Programs — 1950 as a 10” brown vinyl EP. The label is also going to put out a full-length Garden Spots release in May. Multi-instrumentalist and jazz advocate Billy Adair passed away on February 18 at the age of 66. Adair played […]
Merle Haggard is headlining MerleFest this spring. Dolly Parton’s Blue Smoke will be released in the U.S. on May 13. The tracklisting includes “Banks of the Ohio.” (via press release) Country Radio Disc Jockey Hall of Fame member Smokey Smith passed away on February 3 at the age of 91. Listen to Johnny Cash and […]
The Old 97s will release a new album, Most Messed Up, on ATO Records April 29. Listen to the record’s first single, “Longer Than You’ve Been Alive.” Vince Gill and Paul Franklin will perform on The View tomorrow and appear on Imus in the Morning on Friday. (via press release) Yesterday Dierks Bentley tweeted that […]
Missed an album release yesterday: Kandia Crazy Horse’s Stampede. Aussie singer-songwriter Catherine Britt has signed with Universal’s Lost Highway imprint. Hope this means we’ll get a new record from her later in the year. Phew, Ashley Monroe says the Pistol Annies haven’t broken up. They’re all focusing on new solo records right now. Sarah Jarosz was […]
- Ken Morton, Jr.: The inferiority complex of the CMA never ceases to amaze me.
- Barry Mazor: Thanks for explaining that to me, Luckyol.
- luckyoldsun: Barry, I think you're taking it a bit too seriously. CMT has to keep coming up with new lists to make. …
- Barry Mazor: Thi is a world in which the "top 40 most influential country artists of all time" do not include, for …
- luckyoldsun: I just noticed that Garth and King George are still to come. So unless I'm missing something else, the remaining seven …
- Leeann Ward: I hate it when people pronounce the days of the week with a "dy" ending instead of "day." It's like …
- luckyoldsun: Looking at that bizarre CMT Artists' list with Johnny Cash coming in at #8, it raises the question--Who are the …
- Leeann Ward: I'd have to agree with LOS here. The song was fair game to be released. It's no surprised that it …
- luckyoldsun: "'Brotherly Love,' IS a Keith Whitley song. Trying to take advantage of the impact sales, and the tragedy of Keith’s …
- Leeann Ward: Yes, we know that it's technically a Keith Whitley song, as Juli noted above.