Every now and again you’ll experience the kind of heartbreak that makes you want to drown yourself. I’m not talking about the metaphorical kind of drowning of sorrows with whiskey and wine, but actual, Virginia Woolf style, rocks-in-pockets drowning. Have no fear; these five intrepid singers have been there before. So step away from the […]
If a bluegrass band could be engineered in a Kentucky lab, the end result would probably sound a lot like Audie Blaylock and Redline. Blaylock honed his skills as a member of Jimmy Martin’s Sunny Mountain Boys when he was just nineteen years old. Nearly thirty years and a handful of IBMA awards later (including […]
- mrsandy: Also worth noting: Priscilla Mitchell was Jerry Reed's widow.
- Leeann Ward: Wow! My heart goes out to Allison Moorer. She's had so many terrible things happen in her life. It's too …
- Leeann Ward: I must have this audio book!
- Juli Thanki: Ha! Same thing happened at Sturgill Simpson's show I went to last month, only he was singing "I Never Go …
- Dave D.: On the topic of Lee Ann and dark songs, the funniest moment at this year's Americana Fest was during her …
- Jonathan Pappalardo: I love Lori McKenna. Coming from Massachusetts, she's our local girl. I've been fortunate to see her in concert a …
- bll: I suss her re-recording her hits for 'Gwendolen records' means she can stop MCA from releasing her hits against her.
- Greg Judy: Cooler festivals and marching bands at the football games!
- kevin ilinger: Fall colors bluegrass and apple cider
- luckyoldsun: If I was a "long-time fan" of Trisha, I'd probably spring for the CD.