Stream Christmas Tunes from Sunny Sweeney, Scott Lucas, Sierra Hull; LeAnn Rimes Discusses X Factor Criticism, New Single; Songs for Sandy Hook Benefit Compilation
Sunny Sweeney’s “One More Christmas Beer” is available for $0.69 on her site. Scott Lucas & The Married Men will stream their annual Hideout Holiday Music Hour (taped at The Hideout earlier this month) on their site starting at 4 p.m. on Christmas Eve. Here they are playing “Christmas in a Chinese Restaurant.” Peter Cooper […]
New Marty Stuart Album Due April 24; DelFest Lineup Announced; Keith Urban Sets San Antonio Rodeo Attendance Record
On March 27, reissue label Real Gone Music will release B.J. Thomas’ The Complete Scepter Singles. Coming out on the same date is Rawhide’s Clint Eastwood Sings Cowboy Favorites. Out March 6: Luke Bryan’s Spring Break 4 EP. Marty Stuart’s Tear the Woodpile Down is due out April 24. Bluegrass Today has a video of […]
Swift and Aldean to Perform at Grammys; New Music From Kathleen Edwards, Moot Davis and Angela Easterling
How does Dolly Parton manage to escape fashion criticism? The folks at Jezebel have an idea: [S]he’s so fantastic that the peanut gallery cannot find it within themselves to hate on her. Nobody wants to genuinely critique or criticize Dolly Parton because she’s universally loved for her unabashed tackiness. She rolls around in sequins, embellished […]
BluegrassJournal.com posted a list of the winners from last night’s IBMA Awards where Dailey & Vincent, Michael Cleveland & Flamekeeper, Dan Tyminski, and Dale Ann Bradley were among the big award winners. And Peter Cooper has a recap of the awards show and performances. And The Bluegrass Blog has pictures. And…I got nothin’ else. This […]
Lost Highway Records will release a 17-track Willie Nelson compilation on August 11 to celebrate his 10 years with the label. The track list was culled from nine different albums and includes three previously unreleased songs. New releases for the week of July 14, 2009 include: Angela Easterling – Black Top Road Amazon | CD […]
- bob: Thanks Barry. Just reserved the Adam Gussow book. Sounds interesting.
- Barry Mazor: It may be over-stated, in arriving at practically a single explanation of everything, but Adam Gussow's book on lynching and …
- Leeann: Wow! Heavy topic and horrifying indeed! "Beer for My Horses" was all fun and games until that reference, I'll have …
- Barry Mazor: Everything else aside, the way that reporter fills us in, with must-have, pointless generational snark included, about who this "Little …
- luckyoldsun: "The Night The Lights Went Out in Georgia" seems to be about a lynching--even if there's something about a judge …
- Arlene: Sorry. I meant to give the link for "Supper Time." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ58Kfe41kI
- Arlene: Another song sung by Ethel Waters: Irving Berlin's "Supper Time"
- bob: Powerful songs. I read the book "A Lynching in the Heartland" by James H. Madison about a dozen years ago. …
- Ron: Sky Above, Mud Below by Tom Russell is another.
- Jack Williams: Another Othis Taylor song from White African is "My Soul's in Louisiana."