Stream Christmas Tunes from Sunny Sweeney, Scott Lucas, Sierra Hull; LeAnn Rimes Discusses X Factor Criticism, New Single; Songs for Sandy Hook Benefit Compilation
Sunny Sweeney’s “One More Christmas Beer” is available for $0.69 on her site. Scott Lucas & The Married Men will stream their annual Hideout Holiday Music Hour (taped at The Hideout earlier this month) on their site starting at 4 p.m. on Christmas Eve. Here they are playing “Christmas in a Chinese Restaurant.” Peter Cooper […]
New Marty Stuart Album Due April 24; DelFest Lineup Announced; Keith Urban Sets San Antonio Rodeo Attendance Record
On March 27, reissue label Real Gone Music will release B.J. Thomas’ The Complete Scepter Singles. Coming out on the same date is Rawhide’s Clint Eastwood Sings Cowboy Favorites. Out March 6: Luke Bryan’s Spring Break 4 EP. Marty Stuart’s Tear the Woodpile Down is due out April 24. Bluegrass Today has a video of […]
Swift and Aldean to Perform at Grammys; New Music From Kathleen Edwards, Moot Davis and Angela Easterling
How does Dolly Parton manage to escape fashion criticism? The folks at Jezebel have an idea: [S]he’s so fantastic that the peanut gallery cannot find it within themselves to hate on her. Nobody wants to genuinely critique or criticize Dolly Parton because she’s universally loved for her unabashed tackiness. She rolls around in sequins, embellished […]
BluegrassJournal.com posted a list of the winners from last night’s IBMA Awards where Dailey & Vincent, Michael Cleveland & Flamekeeper, Dan Tyminski, and Dale Ann Bradley were among the big award winners. And Peter Cooper has a recap of the awards show and performances. And The Bluegrass Blog has pictures. And…I got nothin’ else. This […]
Lost Highway Records will release a 17-track Willie Nelson compilation on August 11 to celebrate his 10 years with the label. The track list was culled from nine different albums and includes three previously unreleased songs. New releases for the week of July 14, 2009 include: Angela Easterling – Black Top Road Amazon | CD […]
- mrsandy: Also worth noting: Priscilla Mitchell was Jerry Reed's widow.
- Leeann Ward: Wow! My heart goes out to Allison Moorer. She's had so many terrible things happen in her life. It's too …
- Leeann Ward: I must have this audio book!
- Juli Thanki: Ha! Same thing happened at Sturgill Simpson's show I went to last month, only he was singing "I Never Go …
- Dave D.: On the topic of Lee Ann and dark songs, the funniest moment at this year's Americana Fest was during her …
- Jonathan Pappalardo: I love Lori McKenna. Coming from Massachusetts, she's our local girl. I've been fortunate to see her in concert a …
- bll: I suss her re-recording her hits for 'Gwendolen records' means she can stop MCA from releasing her hits against her.
- Greg Judy: Cooler festivals and marching bands at the football games!
- kevin ilinger: Fall colors bluegrass and apple cider
- luckyoldsun: If I was a "long-time fan" of Trisha, I'd probably spring for the CD.