CMHOF to Spotlight Crystal Gayle; Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame Announces 2014 Nominees; Wayne Hancock Recovering from Motorcycle Accident
The Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum will open a spotlight exhibit focused on Crystal Gayle May 2. The exhibit will run through November 3. (via press release) Wayne Hancock is recovering from a motorcycle accident last weekend that left him with a collapsed lung and fractured elbow. He’s still hospitalized and his May […]
The 49th Annual Academy of Country Music Awards off-camera award winners include: Career Achievement Award: Toby Keith, Ronnie Milsap Cliffie Stone Pioneer Award: Bob Beckham Crystal Milestone Award: Merle Haggard Gene Weed Special Achievement Award: Carrie Underwood Jim Reeves International Award: Steve Buchanan, Rascal Flatts Mae Boren Axton Award: Paul Moore Poet’s Award: Jack Clement, […]
Mike Auldridge, Jerry Douglas & Rob Ickes Collaborate on Dobro Album; In the Kitchen with Kitty Wells; Vince Gill Hosts Make-A-Wish Kids at the Ryman
Martha Hume, author, journalist, and wife of Chet Flippo, passed away on Monday at the age of 65. Vince Gill and Amy Grant hosted a holiday event for more than 100 Make-A-Wish kids and their families at the Ryman. Make some holiday treats with these recipes from the late Kitty Wells’ 1964 cookbook, which can be […]
Music journalist Patsi Bale Cox passed away at the age of 66. She was credited with books on Loretta Lynn, Wynonna Judd, Ralph Emery, George Jones and more. A benefit concert being held by George Jones will fund the construction of a memorial in honor of country music star Tammy Wynette in Mississippi. It will […]
Wilma Lee Cooper, a member of the Grand Ole Opry for 50+ years, passed away at the age of 90 late last week. Elizabeth Cook probably said it best: “Sad to know of the passing of Wilma Lee Cooper, a personal hero and original punk rockin honky tonk girl.” Wilma Lee and Stoney Cooper had […]
At least five people were killed and over 40 were injured—some critically—when the entire concert rigging blew over in a storm during the Sugarland concert at the Indiana State Fair on Saturday night. Sara Bareilles had just finished her opening number and Sugarland had yet to take the stage. Witnesses tell of a wall of […]
Having already announced a new major-label album forthcoming on the Warner music label, Dwight Yoakam will have some new news to share shortly. Rumors are flying around Hollywood that Yoakam will be the bad guy opposite Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter in Gore Verbinski’s upcoming Lone Ranger flick. Singer-songwriter Bill Morrissey passed away. The […]
Due to threats of a high surf from Tropical Storm Alex, Jimmy Buffet had to postpone today’s free concert on the beach at Gulf Shores in Alabama. A new date has been set for July 11, but local businesses were hoping the show would boost visitors for the Fourth of July weekend. Hundreds of lucky […]
Of all the performers at the ACM Awards in Las Vegas, Miranda Lambert saw the biggest post-awards sales increase at 105 percent for Revolution. To make it easier to follow recent flood news in Nashville we’ve added a widget at the top of the screen where we’ll continue to post new links. Some of the […]
- andythedrifter: "It Sure Can Get Cold In Des Moines"
- Donald: LOS, I need to second your mention of Ballad of Forty Dollars.
- Paul W Dennis: Best wishes for Jim Ed Brown - there's very few left from his generation of country singers John Morthland's article on …
- Paul W Dennis: That looks like Harold Morrison playing the dobro behind Jeannie C Riley on "Harper Valley PTA"
- luckyoldsun: Got to go with "The Ballad of Forty Dollars." Funny, if you saw the title and started listening to that song …
- Randy Prewitt: I would have to say my favorite Tom T.Hall song is "The Day Clayton Delaney Died.He has so many great …
- KathyP: "Faster Horses." Which reminds me I need to add it to my digital library.
- Leeann Ward: "Me and Jesus" and "Harper Valley PTA" are my favorites, I think. But I agree with Paul that it's not …
- Chad: "I Love" of course!
- nm: I enjoyed that Nashville recap from the Fug Girls, but the absolutely best recaps are in the Nashville Scene, by …