Aside from the Gary Allan record Get Off On The Pain, I’m not finding much in the way of new music releases today. Standard Edition: Amazon ($7.99) Deluxe Edition: Amazon | iTunes Read C.M. Wilcox’s four-star review on The 9513. David Cantwell cautions listeners against believing that the American albums represent the complete Johnny Cash, […]
After 10 years together, Rhonda Vincent left Rounder Records. Zac Brown discusses guitars, playing on nylon strings, and the loss of individualism in country music in an interview with Craig Havighurst for Acoustic Guitar. (via Nashville Gab) There’s been a loss of individualism in country music. If you don’t know who you are when you […]
The story of Johnny Cash has been told and retold so many times and in so many forms over the past 15 years that it has accrued as much legend as fact. In two autobiographies, numerous histories and critical studies, a Hollywood biopic and even a graphic novel, the major events of his life become […]
Wynonna and Naomi Judd are reuniting for a 2010 tour. Country Haiku takes the literal approach to a country classic: I have to wonder Who is gonna fill their shoes They’re like size 14 On April 20, Jason Boland will release his first album since undergoing throat surgery. The live album, titled High In The […]
It took three months, 10 voters and 300 nominated albums, but we’ve finally made it to the top of the mountain. These are The 9513’s Top 10 Country Albums of the Decade. From stark tales of life in the coal mine to slick-and-polished pop country to an outlaw savior, these 10 diverse albums–put forth by […]
The “comeback” effort from three Chicks, as well as Taylor Swift’s debut album, land near the mid-section of our countdown of the decade’s best country albums, but this 10-disc installment is best characterized by it’s Southwestern flair; Texans Kris Kristofferson, Amber Digby, Guy Clark and Dale Watson join the march across the halfway point as […]
Does anyone else wish Levon Helm was their grandfather? With his easygoing but deliberate way of telling a story, I’ve often thought about how cool it would be to just sit around and listen to him reminisce about his life experiences, his stories flavored with his vast repertoire of southern adages and homespun sayings. Without […]
- mrsandy: Also worth noting: Priscilla Mitchell was Jerry Reed's widow.
- Leeann Ward: Wow! My heart goes out to Allison Moorer. She's had so many terrible things happen in her life. It's too …
- Leeann Ward: I must have this audio book!
- Juli Thanki: Ha! Same thing happened at Sturgill Simpson's show I went to last month, only he was singing "I Never Go …
- Dave D.: On the topic of Lee Ann and dark songs, the funniest moment at this year's Americana Fest was during her …
- Jonathan Pappalardo: I love Lori McKenna. Coming from Massachusetts, she's our local girl. I've been fortunate to see her in concert a …
- bll: I suss her re-recording her hits for 'Gwendolen records' means she can stop MCA from releasing her hits against her.
- Greg Judy: Cooler festivals and marching bands at the football games!
- kevin ilinger: Fall colors bluegrass and apple cider
- luckyoldsun: If I was a "long-time fan" of Trisha, I'd probably spring for the CD.