Emmylou’s Wrecking Ball Gets Deluxe Reissue; Dierks Bentley Documentary Due 2/22; New Album Releases
Nonesuch Records will release a three-disc (including a documentary DVD) expanded version of Emmylou Harris’ 1995 album Wrecking Ball on April 8. Harris also announced she and Daniel Lanois will be touring this spring to celebrate this reissue. The Tennessean‘s Nate Rau reports that, “Under current copyright law, songs recorded prior to Feb. 15, 1972, […]
New Rodney Crowell Album Due 4/15; Trace Adkins Enters Rehab; 20 Feet from Stardom Nominated for Oscar
Rodney Crowell’s next record, Tarpaper Sky, will be released on New West Records April 15. (via press release) Geoffrey Himes wrote a Nashville Scene feature on Ray Benson, whose first solo album comes out next week. Trace Adkins is entering rehab after falling off the wagon (he’d been sober for 12 years). According to TMZ, […]
Miss. Country Music Trail Salutes Bobbie Gentry; Sarah Trahern Named CMA CEO; James McMurtry Signs with Complicated Game
I missed a couple albums in yesterday’s record release roundup: Buffalo Clover’s Test Your Love and Jesse Cobb’s Solitude. Bobbie Gentry’s marker on the Mississippi Country Music Trail will be unveiled tomorrow. (Like all of the Trail markers, Gentry’s has been written by Barry Mazor.) The CMA Board of Directors has named Sarah Trahern the […]
Ricky Skaggs to Be Inducted into Gospel Music HoF; Dierks Bentley Will Play Sept. CMA Songwriters Series; Miss Leslie Lauches Kickstarter
Randy Travis’ misadventures allegedly began earlier in the evening when he entered a convenience store “butt naked and demanding cigarettes.” Farce the Music collected a bunch of Randy Travis parody song titles. Brian T. Atkinson of the Austin American-Statesman interviewed Vince Gill. Here’s an excerpt in which Gill discusses whether he’s mastered the guitar: There’s always […]
- Paul W Dennis: Tom T & Dixie Hall are good people and I wish them all the best through this difficult time
- Paul W Dennis: Actually , it is not. We have so thoroughly debased our language that it is no longer possible to praise …
- Leeann Ward: Sheesh, Paul, that's a random/strange dig!
- Jack Williams: After reading that New Yorker article, I canceled my pre-order of the Basement Tapes box set. I love Bob …
- Leeann Ward: Wow! How terrible for Dixie Hall and Tom.
- Ken Morton, Jr.: Another twisted collection of songs to put into the Friday Five Hall of Fame, Juli.
- Arlene: I'd have included "Omie Wise." Doc Watson's is the version I'm familiar with but I think it's been recorded by …
- luckyoldsun: I think the number one country murder ballad is "Frankie and Johnny"--by Jimmie. Also, how about "Delia's Gone" from Harry Belafonte …
- Juli Thanki: Colloquial use of "fantastic" as a synonym for "excellent" dates back to the 1930s. And if it's good enough for …
- Paul W Dennis: I think "Banks of The Ohio", "Miller's Cave" and "It's Nothing to Me" are far creepier than several of the …