Real Gone to Release Bob Wills’ Tiffany Transcriptions; Secret Sisters’ Sophomore Album Due in April; Crazy Hearts: Nashville Canceled
On April 29, Real Gone Music will release the two-CD set Bob Wills & His Texas Playboys: Riding Your Way – The Lost Transcriptions for Tiffany Music, 1946-47. The label will also release a limited edition Wills LP on red vinyl for Record Store Day. Don Williams: “I’ve never cut a single. I don’t believe […]
On Tuesday, Blake reviewed Sara Evans’ new single “A Little Bit Stronger,” sparking a debate about some of the songwriters responsible for many of country music’s modern hits. The tune is part of the catalogs of in-demand Nashville songwriters Hillary Lindsey and Lady Antebellum’s Hillary Scott, whose names are closely related with other of-the-moment songwriters […]
The first decade of the 21st century was a tumultuous one for country music. Piracy exploded, iPods ascended, and within a few years the genre had bid adieu to three of its biggest stars–Garth Brooks, who retired after the release of 2001’s Scarecrow (his final studio album); Shania Twain, who retreated after 2002’s Up!; and […]
Songwriters: Nathan Chapman, Sara Evans, Chris Lindsey and Aimee Mayo. The redundant “love song about a relationship feeling like a love song” concept has received recent creative treatments from Jason Michael Carroll, whose likable “Livin’ Our Love Song” owed much of its charm to its attention to detail, and Taylor Swift, who used a similar […]
- Leeann Ward: Thanks, NM. I like a good pop hook, to be honest. So, maybe I need to try it again.
- Barry Mazor: OK, Jim Z. That changes everything. I surrender.
- Jim Z: to call the Dirty River Boys an "Austin area band" is still incorrect. They are based in El Paso.
- nm: Leeann, you and I often have similar tastes in more-traditional country. And, to my ears, Sam Hunt's voice and lyrics …
- Barry Mazor: Matter of fact, as always--I did. The notes say the album was recorded & mixed by and at "The …
- Roger: Looking forward to picking up the Jamey Johnson Christmas EP - love all of those songs and can't wait for …
- Jim Z: that record was recorded in El Paso. (you could look it up) and other than appearing in Austin once in …
- Leeann Ward: Yes, I can always use more dobro in my life! Thanks for the Phil Leadbetter tip! I haven't been able to …
- Barry Mazor: OK, Jim. The record's more or less out of Austin. But I'm sure they're also good in El Paso...
- Jim Z: Dirty River Boys are from El Paso, Texas.