Real Gone to Release Bob Wills’ Tiffany Transcriptions; Secret Sisters’ Sophomore Album Due in April; Crazy Hearts: Nashville Canceled
On April 29, Real Gone Music will release the two-CD set Bob Wills & His Texas Playboys: Riding Your Way – The Lost Transcriptions for Tiffany Music, 1946-47. The label will also release a limited edition Wills LP on red vinyl for Record Store Day. Don Williams: “I’ve never cut a single. I don’t believe […]
On Tuesday, Blake reviewed Sara Evans’ new single “A Little Bit Stronger,” sparking a debate about some of the songwriters responsible for many of country music’s modern hits. The tune is part of the catalogs of in-demand Nashville songwriters Hillary Lindsey and Lady Antebellum’s Hillary Scott, whose names are closely related with other of-the-moment songwriters […]
The first decade of the 21st century was a tumultuous one for country music. Piracy exploded, iPods ascended, and within a few years the genre had bid adieu to three of its biggest stars–Garth Brooks, who retired after the release of 2001’s Scarecrow (his final studio album); Shania Twain, who retreated after 2002’s Up!; and […]
Songwriters: Nathan Chapman, Sara Evans, Chris Lindsey and Aimee Mayo. The redundant “love song about a relationship feeling like a love song” concept has received recent creative treatments from Jason Michael Carroll, whose likable “Livin’ Our Love Song” owed much of its charm to its attention to detail, and Taylor Swift, who used a similar […]
- Juli Thanki: For $2,000, I'd want to ride a unicorn in Central Park with Chely.
- luckyoldsun: Leann- I've biked a lot of laps around Central Park over the years. If I thought it would get me to …
- Leeann: No offense to Chely Wright, but while I expect that she will make a good album, asking for $175,000 seems …
- Juli Thanki: Ha! The best way to celebrate Connie Smith Day is by marrying a younger man. Mullet optional.
- nm: But was it Connie Smith Day all day long and then from dusk to dawn?
- Deremy Jylan: I heard that Jim Lauderdale documentary is some super-duper great movie stuff. Makes Scorsese's THE LAST WALTZ look like Wiseau's …
- Barry Mazor: I'll have to see if Dr. Green's ever read 3 Lives; it's a good book.
- Juli Thanki: Rose is a rose is a rose is a yellow rose of Texas. I smell a terrible concept album!
- Barry Mazor: Pigeons on the grass, alas.. Come-a kai-yai yippy, yippy ay.
- Ken Morton, Jr.: Barry, thanks for the great sentimental look at Winchester. I will admit that he is an artist that was largely …