Kelly Willis Spills The Beans To Lone Star Music About Her New Album, Kids, And Husband Bruce Robison
This weekend, June 8-10, New Braunfels, TX is hosting two killer music festivals. The first is the Radio Free Texas Rowdy Float Trip featuring Adam Hood, Billy Joe Shaver, Brandon Rhyder, Walt Wilkins, and many more. The other is the Randy Rogers Band For the Sake of the Song Festival featuring Randy Rogers Band, Bruce […]
Sonny James, George Strait, and Harold Bradley were all inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame last November, but the ceremony for their induction wasn’t held until this past Sunday night at the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum. Heralded by Guitar Player as the most-recorded guitarist in the world, Bradley is the […]
The first time I crossed paths with Adam Hood’s music was a few months ago at the Gruene With Envy Awards. He was sharing an acoustic set with Brandon Rhyder and Wade Bowen. After watching him perform I noted: “Adam Hood wasn’t as vocally gifted as the other two guys, but more than made up […]
Big & Rich canceled their show at San Manuel Indian Bingo and Casino on April 12th. The cancellation was due to a dispute over a young guest. To accommodate the wishes of an ill 5-year-old girl, a local radio station had arranged for the young fan and her family to meet Big & Rich and […]
Update: I didn’t know who hosted this showcase at the time, but found out it was put together by the guys over at K&B Talent. After I had driven around for fifteen minutes looking for a spot to park I found one right out back. When Brady and I walked though the door Jason Allen […]
Country at Grammy week: Country took its turn in the Grammy week spotlight with LeAnn Rimes, Marty Stuart, Charley Pride and Porter Wagoner among the stars calling attention to efforts to preserve vintage country audio and video performances. Maybe if enough people beat the “today’s country isn’t real country” drum someone will start paying attention…probably […]
Cracker Barrel is releasing five new CDs in the “Live Classics” series. The performances are from the Grand Ole Opry and contain country legends such as Patsy Cline, Loretta Lynn, Johnny Cash, George Jones, Dolly Parton and Waylon Jennings. The live shows are from the 60’s when the Opry was broadcast on radio and the […]
After fighting the horrible Sunday afternoon traffic on I-35 we arrived at La Zona Rosa about 4:30 to find that the first acoustic set had already begun. The crowd was fairly small, but a constant buzz of chatter could be heard throughout the night. The event was more like a big party with live acts […]
- Tom: ...another "favorite child question". then again, what would the genre be without all the drama it's got to deal with. …
- luckyoldsun: Dwight's had so many great songs. From memory, I'd have to name "Bakersfield" with Buck Owens, "Guitars, Cadillacs," "Nothing" and …
- Scooter: Thanks Jonathon. Downloaded "Last Chance for a thousand years" and love it. Was unaware of that album.
- Donald: The correct answer is of course, "Bury Me."
- Leeann Ward: As far as I know, I have all of Dwight's albums. It's truly impossible to choose a favorite song, but …
- Michael: I wonder if Kasey Chambers will be visiting Dr. Gwen Korovin for treatment of her vocal cords...
- Dave D.: Just about any song off of Dwight's first three albums would qualify as a favorite; forced to pick one I'd …
- Jack Williams: No. Not Owner of a Lonely Heart. I was hoping for better when I saw the article title …
- Russ Morris: My introduction to Dwight was This Time. Every song on that album is my favorite. I'm playing 3 Pears in …
- Jonathan Pappalardo: Favorite Dwight Yoakam song? Too darn tough to choose! I do love his second Greatest Hits album, though, featuring his …