Sonny James, George Strait, and Harold Bradley were all inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame last November, but the ceremony for their induction wasn’t held until this past Sunday night at the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum. Heralded by Guitar Player as the most-recorded guitarist in the world, Bradley is the […]
The first time I crossed paths with Adam Hood’s music was a few months ago at the Gruene With Envy Awards. He was sharing an acoustic set with Brandon Rhyder and Wade Bowen. After watching him perform I noted: “Adam Hood wasn’t as vocally gifted as the other two guys, but more than made up […]
Big & Rich canceled their show at San Manuel Indian Bingo and Casino on April 12th. The cancellation was due to a dispute over a young guest. To accommodate the wishes of an ill 5-year-old girl, a local radio station had arranged for the young fan and her family to meet Big & Rich and […]
Update: I didn’t know who hosted this showcase at the time, but found out it was put together by the guys over at K&B Talent. After I had driven around for fifteen minutes looking for a spot to park I found one right out back. When Brady and I walked though the door Jason Allen […]
Country at Grammy week: Country took its turn in the Grammy week spotlight with LeAnn Rimes, Marty Stuart, Charley Pride and Porter Wagoner among the stars calling attention to efforts to preserve vintage country audio and video performances. Maybe if enough people beat the “today’s country isn’t real country” drum someone will start paying attention…probably […]
Cracker Barrel is releasing five new CDs in the “Live Classics” series. The performances are from the Grand Ole Opry and contain country legends such as Patsy Cline, Loretta Lynn, Johnny Cash, George Jones, Dolly Parton and Waylon Jennings. The live shows are from the 60′s when the Opry was broadcast on radio and the […]
After fighting the horrible Sunday afternoon traffic on I-35 we arrived at La Zona Rosa about 4:30 to find that the first acoustic set had already begun. The crowd was fairly small, but a constant buzz of chatter could be heard throughout the night. The event was more like a big party with live acts […]
- Janice Brooks: Hopes somebody gets those memos about drinking songs. Meanwhile I'm feeling a lot of slots with Bluegrass.
- Leeann: Great news about Ricky Skaggs and Sharon White's duet album! Absolutely appalling about the Keith Urban concert!! Both the rape and …
- bob: I found the Billboard article about country music radio needing an alcohol intervention interesting. Songwriter Adam Wright is quoted as …
- Matt: Definitely agree with C.M. about Maddie & Tae. Certainly not the tidal wave of change some claimed it is or …
- Dave D.: Good stuff, as always. My copy of Producing Country arrived yesterday, and it looks to be as good as …
- Scooter: I agree Holly Williams can do no wrong in my eyes. Such a good album and great to see live …
- Carrie Mclaughlin: Your my Hero Mr. Jim Lauderdale!!! Come to Alaska Please? hehehehe
- Jeremy Dylan: You should check it out Dave D. It's from the first (and strongest) season.
- Leeann: Wow! I love that Holly William's cover of "No Surrender"! She's gotten to be so good.
- luckyoldsun: I made it through a minute of that "Girl In a Country Song Video." Man, that sucks.