Rhonda Vincent has won Entertainer of the Year at the Bluegrass Awards every year since 2002 and this year was no different. Check out Edward Morris’ recap of the evening. And in light of a recent topic surrounding Vincent, the title of this article is ironic. This year’s Country Music Hall of Fame inductees will […]
The rumors were true, Keith Urban is going to be a dad. Country Music Hall of Famer Ken Nelson passed away at age 96. He was known as a Capitol Record executive that was an integral part of the “Bakersfield Sound” and well as the “Nashville Sound” and the producer of Buck Owens’ “Act Naturally,” […]
When someone starts talking about IPOs and investing my eyes gloss over, but if you have some money to blow, I mean invest, then country music is apparently a hot commodity. And by “some money,” I mean a minimum of $500,000. Country singer/songwriters are the single hottest investment property you can find in 2008. A […]
Josh Turner is set to host the four-hour America’s Grand Ole Opry Weekend Year-End Special. On Friday, January 5th Chuck Prophet and friends were accidentally locked in Closer Recording Studios. Armed with a few beers, peanut butter, and a battery powered record player with Waylon Jennings’ Dreaming My Dreams LP the incarcerated occupants made the […]
This past Monday night I was fortunate enough to catch a Gary Allan show at Nutty Brown Cafe. His stage props appeared more death metal than country, but he was in fine form as he covered most of his newer songs — only traveling past Smoke Rings In The Dark for a handful of songs. […]
In the wake of Johnny Cash and Dolly Parton, Porter Wagoner says he never had the desire to go beyond what he is–a good country singer and a good country songwriter. The Wall Street Journal on Wagoner: Porter Wagoner has been, very arguably, the most significant, surprising, emotionally penetrating country music performer of the past […]
When talking about his new album, Cowboy Town, due out on October 2nd, Ronnie Dunn said: “This really is kind of like cowboys meet the Rolling Stones. There’s a bunch of fun stuff on there. And it sounds different than anything we’ve ever done.” Watch: Adam Hood plays a couple of songs live in studio […]
Carrie Underwood’s upcoming album still lacks a name, but the release date has been set for October 23rd while finishing touches are still being applied. Interestingly enough, her debut album Some Hearts is still the best-selling album of 2007. In the official announcement of their blog, CMT says that The Wreckers, Lance Miller and Halfway […]
CMT has a new blog up where multiple authors are posting, one of which is Sunny Sweeney. She’s already written about two of my favorite Texas guys in Adam Hood and Jason Boland and the Stragglers. She said people kept asking her if she only listens to old country, and she did until recently when […]
Kelly Willis Spills The Beans To Lone Star Music About Her New Album, Kids, And Husband Bruce Robison
This weekend, June 8-10, New Braunfels, TX is hosting two killer music festivals. The first is the Radio Free Texas Rowdy Float Trip featuring Adam Hood, Billy Joe Shaver, Brandon Rhyder, Walt Wilkins, and many more. The other is the Randy Rogers Band For the Sake of the Song Festival featuring Randy Rogers Band, Bruce […]
- mrsandy: Also worth noting: Priscilla Mitchell was Jerry Reed's widow.
- Leeann Ward: Wow! My heart goes out to Allison Moorer. She's had so many terrible things happen in her life. It's too …
- Leeann Ward: I must have this audio book!
- Juli Thanki: Ha! Same thing happened at Sturgill Simpson's show I went to last month, only he was singing "I Never Go …
- Dave D.: On the topic of Lee Ann and dark songs, the funniest moment at this year's Americana Fest was during her …
- Jonathan Pappalardo: I love Lori McKenna. Coming from Massachusetts, she's our local girl. I've been fortunate to see her in concert a …
- bll: I suss her re-recording her hits for 'Gwendolen records' means she can stop MCA from releasing her hits against her.
- Greg Judy: Cooler festivals and marching bands at the football games!
- kevin ilinger: Fall colors bluegrass and apple cider
- luckyoldsun: If I was a "long-time fan" of Trisha, I'd probably spring for the CD.