Subscribers of Texas Monthly will receive a copy adorned with a portrait of Willie Nelson on the cover and no text. The preview is pretty flippin’ sweet. Jewel is returning to Nashville Star to join John Rich as a judge and mentor to the contestants. On July 8 George Jones will release Burn Your Playhouse […]
Rhonda Vincent has won Entertainer of the Year at the Bluegrass Awards every year since 2002 and this year was no different. Check out Edward Morris’ recap of the evening. And in light of a recent topic surrounding Vincent, the title of this article is ironic. This year’s Country Music Hall of Fame inductees will […]
The rumors were true, Keith Urban is going to be a dad. Country Music Hall of Famer Ken Nelson passed away at age 96. He was known as a Capitol Record executive that was an integral part of the “Bakersfield Sound” and well as the “Nashville Sound” and the producer of Buck Owens’ “Act Naturally,” […]
When someone starts talking about IPOs and investing my eyes gloss over, but if you have some money to blow, I mean invest, then country music is apparently a hot commodity. And by “some money,” I mean a minimum of $500,000. Country singer/songwriters are the single hottest investment property you can find in 2008. A […]
Josh Turner is set to host the four-hour America’s Grand Ole Opry Weekend Year-End Special. On Friday, January 5th Chuck Prophet and friends were accidentally locked in Closer Recording Studios. Armed with a few beers, peanut butter, and a battery powered record player with Waylon Jennings’ Dreaming My Dreams LP the incarcerated occupants made the […]
This past Monday night I was fortunate enough to catch a Gary Allan show at Nutty Brown Cafe. His stage props appeared more death metal than country, but he was in fine form as he covered most of his newer songs — only traveling past Smoke Rings In The Dark for a handful of songs. […]
In the wake of Johnny Cash and Dolly Parton, Porter Wagoner says he never had the desire to go beyond what he is–a good country singer and a good country songwriter. The Wall Street Journal on Wagoner: Porter Wagoner has been, very arguably, the most significant, surprising, emotionally penetrating country music performer of the past […]
When talking about his new album, Cowboy Town, due out on October 2nd, Ronnie Dunn said: “This really is kind of like cowboys meet the Rolling Stones. There’s a bunch of fun stuff on there. And it sounds different than anything we’ve ever done.” Watch: Adam Hood plays a couple of songs live in studio […]
Carrie Underwood’s upcoming album still lacks a name, but the release date has been set for October 23rd while finishing touches are still being applied. Interestingly enough, her debut album Some Hearts is still the best-selling album of 2007. In the official announcement of their blog, CMT says that The Wreckers, Lance Miller and Halfway […]
CMT has a new blog up where multiple authors are posting, one of which is Sunny Sweeney. She’s already written about two of my favorite Texas guys in Adam Hood and Jason Boland and the Stragglers. She said people kept asking her if she only listens to old country, and she did until recently when […]
- luckyoldsun: If they're only allowed one modern inductee per year in the H-o-F, then there's a backlog developing. You have Skaggs, …
- Leeann Ward: I'm not an ETC fan, but I do love "Brotherly Love" with Keith Whitley.
- luckyoldsun: It's got to be "What I'd Say." (I think that's the title.) There was some question, I believe, over whether …
- Paul W Dennis: probably "Nobody Falls Like A Fool" or "Silent Treatment"
- Lynchie from Aberdeen: Where in heck's name is "That Was A Close One"?!?!? It's the guy's best song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrR_2rXiKA0
- Cody: Love seeing ETC getting some credit! My five, in no particular order at first; Crowd Around the Corner Home So Fine I Have …
- Juli Thanki: I think it's technically a Keith Whitley song, but I've always been fond of his duet with ETC, "Brotherly Love."
- luckyoldsun: Lots of very good artists have not had anywhere near the radio play and hits that Lee Ann Womack has …
- Hard Times: Just read Jewly Hight's feature on Womack. I couldn't believe Womack has had only a half dozen or so Top …
- Barry Mazor: Leeann, Im not surprised about your sister's response--or that, for many, Garth Brooks now equals the ancient days of country …