Little Jimmy Dickens to Begin Radiation Treatment; Big Sandy, Farewell Drifters Plan Album Releases; New Sturgill Simpson Video
Little Jimmy Dickens will begin short-term radiation next week to treat the “precancerous condition” found on his vocal cords. April’s ACM Awards netted the annual event’s “highest ratings in 15 years,” according to ACM CEO Bob Romeo. Sturgill Simpson’s “Railroad of Sin” video premiered on Saving Country Music. The Farewell Drifters have signed with Compass […]
Tanya Tucker recently released an album of covers that she credits her father for introducing to her and in October, Rosanne Cash will release a new album, The List, consisting of songs from a list that her father gave her. But before Cash’s album, there will be yet another album released credited to the influence […]
John Rich was booted from Cafe Coco early this morning after a server asked him to surrender his beer during a Roger Miller song. …when the server went to grab the beer, John snatched it up first and threw it over the fence into the street — right in front of the police sergeant. You […]
Tim McGraw is set to co-star with Sandra Bullock in the upcoming movie The Blind Side, which is based on Michael Lewis’ best-selling book, The Blind Side: Evolution of the Game, and inspired by the true story of Michael Oher, a homeless African-American teenager who is befriended by a wealthy family. For you Californians, That […]
Danny Dill, one of the songwriters behind Lefty Frizzell’s “Long Black Veil” and Bobby Bare’s “Detroit City,” passed away on Thursday at the age of 83. If you’re not familiar with “Long Black Veil,” read the story behind the song in Stop Cutting Hits: The Story of Lefty Frizzell’s “The Long Black Veil.” PopMatters‘ Joseph […]
As remarkable as Eddy Arnold‘s country music career was, Chet Flippo says, “his lasting legacy will be that he made the world safe for country pop music.” Flippo also pulled a snippet from a CMT interview where Arnold recalled one of the first times he recognized the split between pop and hillbilly music. Peter Cooper […]
Songwriters: Adam Hood Adam Hood is an Alabama native adopted by Texas’ Red Dirt scene and he recorded his last album in California. He travels all over the South, playing nearly 300 shows a year, making the road his actual home; a modern-day troubador if there ever was one. He doesn’t fit within the confines […]
The sheriff’s department in Tyler, Texas is investigating an alleged assault case involving Miranda Lambert. According to reports, Lambert and her boyfriend Blake Shelton were attending a CD release party for an Adam Hood show when she was approached by Aisha Esbay for a photograph. She said Lambert told her “maybe later.” Esbay said she […]
Although the charts aren’t officially out until Thursday, word has it that George Strait earned his 56th No. 1 with “I Saw God Today.” Another day, another pop artist wanting to make the crossover. Nelly Furtado has recorded a duet with Keith Urban on one of her previous hits, “In God’s Hands.” Check it out […]
Subscribers of Texas Monthly will receive a copy adorned with a portrait of Willie Nelson on the cover and no text. The preview is pretty flippin’ sweet. Jewel is returning to Nashville Star to join John Rich as a judge and mentor to the contestants. On July 8 George Jones will release Burn Your Playhouse […]
- Leeann: Wow! I love that Holly William's cover of "No Surrender"! She's gotten to be so good.
- luckyoldsun: I made it through a minute of that "Girl In a Country Song Video." Man, that sucks.
- lindsay thomas: Wife and I saw these guys last Thursday night, (7-24-14) at the Ryman in Nashville. What a show. …
- Donald: I'm guessing that is meant to read 're-release' Detroit to Wheeling, as the double album originally appeared on Pinecastle in …
- Michael A.: Has anyone else had a difficult time trying to get the free download from the Reba site?
- Dave D.: I can't believe that I never saw the Willie Nelson Monk episode - and it was a Sharona episode, as …
- nm: Taylor Swift was on CSI once. Not only was Steve Earle on The Wire, in one episode Omar quoted him about …
- Barry Mazor: It's only a slight stretch to recall when Jimmy Dean met James Bond: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbwDGtj84YY
- Arlene: I suspect you'll also be including an episode of L.A. Law....
- luckyoldsun: The Johnny Cash episode was the one Columbo case where you really felt "the b--- had it coming."