New Whitney Duncan Album In Works; Miley Cyrus Has Death Threats and Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver Announce Gospel Album
Whitney Duncan, fresh off her Survivor experience, has taken to Kickstarter to help raise funds for a new album called Where The Back Roads Run. “This is so fun for me, because I can make the record I want to make! I really hope ya’ll are as excited about this project as I am…it was […]
Toby Keith is launching his own clothing line, TK Steelman, on Febuary 18. According to his publicist, “the look mixes the influences Keith brings to his own wardrobe – part rocker and part biker with a “country sexy” aesthetic punctuated by oilfield imagery in the brand’s logos and font selections.” Watch a video of Ray […]
On March 31, Dailey & Vincent, the new duo who captured an unprecedented seven International Bluegrass Music Awards in October, will release Brothers From Different Mothers, their second album through Rounder Records. Darren White reviewed Kelly Willis and Bruce Robison’s Holiday Show for the Star-Telegram, and he admits that it might be country heresy to […]
Does the lyric “my only friends are pirates” make sense? Arrr, matey! It makes perfect sense is ye lives out on the open seas like Cap’n Chesney! – Jim What to do today in Kern county? Whatever you do, don’t swim in Kern River. – Brady How do you get on an NFL practice squad? […]
News on John Michael Montgomery‘s website says the country singer has checked himself into rehab for substance abuse and canceled all appearances for the next 30 days. “I will be disappearing for a while to try and defeat the demons that have stripped me of my energy of life and good health for so many […]
- Stuart Munro: I think this just moves the location of the discussion, Jack. If I named a bunch of rock artists who …
- Leeann Ward: Um, that's too much geekery for me to follow, Sam! My husband would understand you though.:)
- Jack Williams: Alabama Shakes won the AMA Emerging artist award couple of years ago. Also, classic soul influenced artists like Bettye Lavette, …
- Applejack: It certainly seems to me like the inclusion of St. Paul and the Broken Bones stretches the limits of how …
- Stuart Munro: Yes, that's the issue: is the tent so big as to have no boundaries? What *isn't* Americana? Is jazz? Is …
- Jack Williams: Um, roots music, that is.
- Jack Williams: Well, Americana is a pretty big tent. Classic southern soul falls under my personal definition of root music.
- Stuart Munro: Is it just me...or does the idea of St. Paul and the Broken Bones being an Americana act really strain …
- Sam G.: Loki Is playing Hank Williams in a new movie, and Thor bought the rights to a book about him. I …
- Roger: Fabulous interview and fantastic new music that I will listen to over and over again.