New Whitney Duncan Album In Works; Miley Cyrus Has Death Threats and Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver Announce Gospel Album
Whitney Duncan, fresh off her Survivor experience, has taken to Kickstarter to help raise funds for a new album called Where The Back Roads Run. “This is so fun for me, because I can make the record I want to make! I really hope ya’ll are as excited about this project as I am…it was […]
Toby Keith is launching his own clothing line, TK Steelman, on Febuary 18. According to his publicist, “the look mixes the influences Keith brings to his own wardrobe – part rocker and part biker with a “country sexy” aesthetic punctuated by oilfield imagery in the brand’s logos and font selections.” Watch a video of Ray […]
On March 31, Dailey & Vincent, the new duo who captured an unprecedented seven International Bluegrass Music Awards in October, will release Brothers From Different Mothers, their second album through Rounder Records. Darren White reviewed Kelly Willis and Bruce Robison’s Holiday Show for the Star-Telegram, and he admits that it might be country heresy to […]
Does the lyric “my only friends are pirates” make sense? Arrr, matey! It makes perfect sense is ye lives out on the open seas like Cap’n Chesney! – Jim What to do today in Kern county? Whatever you do, don’t swim in Kern River. – Brady How do you get on an NFL practice squad? […]
News on John Michael Montgomery‘s website says the country singer has checked himself into rehab for substance abuse and canceled all appearances for the next 30 days. “I will be disappearing for a while to try and defeat the demons that have stripped me of my energy of life and good health for so many […]
- Leeann Ward: Thanks, NM. I like a good pop hook, to be honest. So, maybe I need to try it again.
- Barry Mazor: OK, Jim Z. That changes everything. I surrender.
- Jim Z: to call the Dirty River Boys an "Austin area band" is still incorrect. They are based in El Paso.
- nm: Leeann, you and I often have similar tastes in more-traditional country. And, to my ears, Sam Hunt's voice and lyrics …
- Barry Mazor: Matter of fact, as always--I did. The notes say the album was recorded & mixed by and at "The …
- Roger: Looking forward to picking up the Jamey Johnson Christmas EP - love all of those songs and can't wait for …
- Jim Z: that record was recorded in El Paso. (you could look it up) and other than appearing in Austin once in …
- Leeann Ward: Yes, I can always use more dobro in my life! Thanks for the Phil Leadbetter tip! I haven't been able to …
- Barry Mazor: OK, Jim. The record's more or less out of Austin. But I'm sure they're also good in El Paso...
- Jim Z: Dirty River Boys are from El Paso, Texas.