Adam Hood discusses songwriting and his new album in this CMT Edge Q&A. Bloodshot Records get some love from hometown paper The Chicago Tribune. If you’ve got an hour, check out this BBC documentary, Bob Harris: My Nashville. Here’s a new Punch Brothers song called “Blow It Off.” It’ll be on their next album, which […]
George Jones’ Graveside Monument Unveiled; Haden Triplets to Release Third Man Debut in February; Album Releases
George Jones’ graveside monument was unveiled yesterday. Nancy Jones announced that she’s starting a scholarship in his name at Middle Tennessee State University. Katie Armiger, Brent Cobb, Chris Janson, and Corey Smith will take part in a guitar pull on December 10 to raise funds for the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum. Owen […]
One Out of Every Five Albums Sold Belong to Taylor Swift; Jason Aldean Leads Releases; Charlie Louvin Benefit DVD Seeks Backers
Taylor Swift‘s Speak Now is a lock to sell more than a million copies in its first week, and HITS Daily Double is reporting that 17-18% of all album sales belonged to Swift, which would be a new record. (via Music Mix) To help offset Charlie Louvin‘s medical bills, the folks at Judd Films have […]
Tracy Lawrence is at work on a new album that addresses hard times, so it’s only logical that it’s tentatively titled Hard Times. In an interview with The Daily Times’ Steve Wildsmith, Lawrence says the bulk of the album is the traditional fare he’s known for, but he had to make some concessions to get […]
Gord Bamford & Johnny Reid Lead CCMA Awards; Brad Pitt To Play Jerry Lee Lewis; Preview Loretta’s Tribute
With four trophies apiece, Gord Bamford (MySpace) and Johnny Reid (MySpace) left Sunday night’s male-dominated Canadian Country Music Awards the big winners. Outside of the main categories, female duo One More Girl (MySpace) was named rising star of the year, pulling in one of the few wins for the women, while perennial favorite Corb Lund […]
With her win at last night’s ACM Awards, Carrie Underwood became the first woman to win entertainer of the year twice. Other notable facts from the ACM Awards website: Brad Paisley is the only artist to win three or more consecutive honors in the top male vocalist of the year category (last night was his […]
A lifetime spent listening to music has taught me a lot about Saturday night. It is, for example, all right for fighting or going to the movies, not to mention a good night to simultaneously keep dancing to the rock and roll and work on one’s spelling, and those are just the pop songs. Nobody […]
The second installment of our countdown of the decade’s top 100 albums is a male-dominated affair, save for a Georgia peach with big old voice and a young Aussie Sheila with a love for traditional country. 90. Twice The Speed Of Life (2004) – Sugarland Twice The Speed Of Life may not be the most […]
Christie’s Country Sale; Taylor Swift Inks Deal to Write Greeting Cards; New Music Magazine Launches in January
On December 3, Christie’s will hold The Country Music Sale, its first sale dedicated to the creation, history, and evolution of Country Music. The foundation of the sale consists of property from the estate of Hank Thompson, but also includes memorabilia from Roy Rogers, Hank Snow, Hank Williams, and many more classic country artists. There […]
Songwriter: Elliot Park There are umpteen “road” songs out there, but few are told from the road’s point of view. After all, what’s a slab of asphalt got to say? Turns out the road is full of tough love, telling its travelers “I offer many choices and places you can go/But you must choose/I’m just […]
- Leeann Ward: It was Brad Paisley and its on his Christmas album.
- luckyoldsun: I seem to recall hearing a recording of the Christmas song "Walking in the Winter Wonderland" where the line "In …
- Leeann Ward: For a slow new Christmas music year, the announcement of the Jamey Johnson Christmas EP and the Christmas tracks by …
- chris: That voice singing with Jim Ed is younger sister Bonnie, also a member of the Browns.
- Kev: I saw Jim Ed at the Opry in June and he sounded great then. I certainly look forward to …
- Delica Smith: I've had the blessings of following Mr. JimEd and Helen Cornelius since the mid 70s. I was a amateur …
- Inell: I meant to say you still sound as great as you did when you sang Pop O Top
- Inell: Oh Jim this is an awesome song I will be adding this to the collection of your other records I …
- Arlene: I couldn't agree more with Bonnie Raitt's description of Mavis Staples as a live performer. Forget St. John's wort-- …
- Tom: "...lucinda williams recorded enough material for another album" - better late than never this strike of wisdom.