Mickey “Guitar” Baker passed away at the age of 87. He might be best-known for “Love is Strange,” his hit with Sylvia Robinson. Here’s Chuck Mead’s version of “Will Santa Come to Shanty Town.” And a Christmas song from JD McPherson. McPherson also participated in a recent episode of The Attic Sessions. Charlie Daniels talks about […]
Barry Gibb made his Grand Ole Opry debut this past Friday night. “I have dreamed of performing on the hallowed stage of the Opry since I was 12 years old. So this is a dream come true for me,” Gibb was quoted as saying. “There is no greater honor.” He and Ricky Skaggs played “When […]
Hank Jr. Announces Take Back the Country Tour; 1 in 5 Country Fans Don’t Listen to Country Radio; Ryan Adams Covers Dio
Federal appeals court ruled that Roger Miller’s widow does not own the rights to songs including “King of the Road,” “Dang Me,” and others. According to a study released yesterday at CRS, one in five country music fans never tunes in to country radio, instead getting their music from other sources. The study also came […]
Blues musician David “Honeyboy” Edwards passed away yesterday at the age of 96. Miranda Lambert moves to RCA Nashville as part of Sony Music Nashville’s restructuring. In other Miranda news, on her Dateline special, she talked about falling in love with a married Blake Shelton (and his mullet). No charges have been filed after federal […]
Early in the 1970’s, a hybrid of rock and roll, blues and country music became immensely popular with a collection of artists from the heartland of America, and was appropriately deemed southern rock. Often thought to be too electric guitar-dominated for country radio at that time, groups like the Allman Brothers, the Charlie Daniels Band, […]
- Michael A.: Has anyone else had a difficult time trying to get the free download from the Reba site?
- Dave D.: I can't believe that I never saw the Willie Nelson Monk episode - and it was a Sharona episode, as …
- nm: Taylor Swift was on CSI once. Not only was Steve Earle on The Wire, in one episode Omar quoted him about …
- Barry Mazor: It's only a slight stretch to recall when Jimmy Dean met James Bond: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbwDGtj84YY
- Arlene: I suspect you'll also be including an episode of L.A. Law....
- luckyoldsun: The Johnny Cash episode was the one Columbo case where you really felt "the b--- had it coming."
- A.B.: Janice - I saw that too and sent him a Tweet about it.
- Janice Brooks: Peter Cooper needs an edit. Stringbean did not die in 1964.
- Leeann: I can't contribute to this list, but I did think of Steve Earle and The Wire. It's not my …
- Jeremy Dylan: That was a great episode of Monk. The "Georgia On My Mind" scene is just heartbreaking.