Superstar Singer Joins NFL Team’s Practice Squad
- You’ll never believe who the newest workout partner for the New Orleans Saints is — Kenny Chesney, if only for a day. He’ll be suiting up to run through drills with the team on August 17th, the day before their pre-season game with the Bengals. You got to wonder what Peyton Manning thinks about all this.
- Watch: One of our readers from Australia wrote in to let us know about the newest single from an emerging artist in the land down under, Rob Black. The single, “Regular Guy”, is a fun ditty celebrating the irresistible appeal of the common man. YouTube: Rob Black – “Regular Guy”
- Sean Moores provided us with his six rules for maximum concert enjoyment, but prefers to call them “routines” because it sounds less rigid. So basically, they’re guidelines. Are there any guidelines you follow when attending a concert?
- Apparently the pairing of alternative bluegrass band Nickel Creek and Fiona Apple was inevitable.
- Tom Roland has a nice recap of the Buck Owens Birthday Bash that took place in Bakersfield on Tuesday night.
After the final chord in “The Streets of Bakersfield,” Dwight Yoakam’s mouth quivered just a bit as he hugged Buddy Owens, who had just handled the lyrics in the song associated with his late father.
- Country Universe says the 1993 Women of Country documentary is essential viewing, so essential in fact, that he’s provided you with links to thirteen YouTube videos.
- Martina McBride and Sara Evans saw sales spike more than 150% after ABC aired the “CMA Music Festival: Country’s Night to Rock” special towards the end of last month. Other artists saw a increase as well, although not as large and McBride and Evans.
- Rosie Flores comes across as a woman who has been everywhere and done almost everything there is to do. The Austin Chronicle has a great article covering her musical career. Once dubbed the “female Dwight Yoakam” because the labels didn’t have any way to market her, she later became known as The Rockabilly Filly. Flores is surprisingly candid about her life. She talks about getting into Gram Parsons’ pants, touring non-stop, and the mom she could have been.
- Dierks Bentley sat down with Sam Bush for some one on one discussion, Q&A style, in the latest Country Weekly. Check out the web exclusive questions on their website.
- Billy Joe Shaver says that his kind of gospel may carry a little harder edge than traditional tunes.
- luckyoldsun: That Bobby Bare/Bill Parsons story has been often told, but I still don't quite understand how two then-nobodies could go …
- Leeann: The Jack Clement album is quite good!
- Donald: "Ryan Adams announced .... the August 19 release of “1984,'" Which, I'm told, is the fifteen years later update of his …
- Lynchie from Aberdeen: Delighted to hear that Hot Rize have a new album coming out – and thanks for the link to that …
- luckyoldsun: Nobody can do Karaoke George Jones like Kershaw!
- Bruce: LW, Don't apologize for your Bryant comment. You were more gracious than I would have been.
- Bruce: My vote is for Marty Stuart for his exhaustive body of work that is directional yet diversified.
- Leeann: Dang! Let me write my above sentence again!: Kelley MicKwee’s album is sounding good so far too. I really like “Beautiful …
- paul w dennis: The Kershaw album is really noteworthy for its song selections. Other than "I'll Share My World With You", it omits …
- Leeann: The Sammy Kershaw tribute to George Jones is pretty good on first listen. Of course, Sammy's no George, but their …