Sugarland Drops Miley For First Chart-Topper On Billboard 200
- Sugarland‘s sales saw a 45% decline, but it was still enough to take the top spot from Miley Cyrus on the Billboard 200 chart.
- Leave it to Jamey Johnson to turn the often humorous Photocrap blog serious.
- Jamey Johnson makes another appearance on Unplugged at Studio 330 next week, but for now you can go check out Taylor Swift‘s interview and song selections for her own Unplugged session.
- Country, California’s John Maglite caught a recent Dolly Parton performance at Sacramento’s ARCO Arena and shares his thoughts on the night’s proceedings.
I saw Dolly Parton live in concert last night. Well, I guess it was her. From my lower-level seat halfway between the stage and the rafters at Sacramento’s ARCO Arena, what I actually saw was a blond wig atop a tiny, expressive, top-heavy body. I never did get to see the face. Given the size of the venue, I had assumed that there would be video screens to bring the action closer to us poor saps off in the distance. Wrong. Still, to Parton’s credit, I never felt like a forgotten observer.
- Cynthia Fuchs reviewed the Johnny Cash documentary, Johnny Cash: The Man, His World, His Music, that aired on PBS last night.
- Laura Cantrell bemoans the lack of women in the Country Music Hall of Fame. She notes that of the 105 member roster, only 14 are women, and two of those weren’t even artists. She also provides an introduction to several less heralded women (Bessie Smith, Mildred Bailey, Sister Rosetta Tharpe, Rose Maddox, Molly O’ Day, Jean Shepard, Skeeter Davis and Ola Belle Reed) and a link to one of their songs.
- If you enjoyed Paul W. Dennis’ “Forgotten Artist” feature on David Rogers, go check it out again. We added several tracks to the bottom that will hopefully whet your appetite and entice you to seek out more material.
- Jeremy Dylan: One might say that a good way to pay tribute to RCA Studio a would be to not demolish it …
- Both Kinds of Music: What an excellent team-up.
- Pam Wallace: A day like yesterday,...driving through Ohio countryside with leaves beginning to turn and cows lying in the pastures because every …
- Jackie Lester: My favorite part of autumn is seeing wooly bear caterpillars!
- Mike harris: Love fall with the warm glow of the sun and all the beautiful fall colors
- Richrd Simerson: Love good old bluegrass music
- Six String Richie: Studio A will be replaced with a dog park, condos and restaurants. Gentrification at it's finest.
- Denise Vernon: Full moon with smell of leaves burning.
- Lisa Phillips: Love the Radio Ramblers! My favorite thing about fall is everything pumpkin.....coffee, cookies, muffins, pie.....etc!
- Sabrina Parnell: Def the cooler temps, football, great food , holidays on the way ,and of course more good country music releases.