Stream Valerie June’s Pushin’ Against a Stone; Ashleigh Dallas Debuts New Single; New Music Videos
- Lonestar has a new single called “Party All Day.”
- George Ducas will release 4340 in late October. The album includes some co-writes with the likes of Radney Foster and Keifer Thompson.
- The couple that got married at the 2012 ACM Awards is naming their baby after Martina McBride.
- Sue Zalokar of Street Roots News interviewed the always-entertaining Todd Snider.
- Jimmy Dean keeps on giving even after his passing: his foundation just gave $100,000 to the Henricus Foundation, a nonprofit organization that looks over Henricus Historical Park, which “tells the story of the second successful English settlement in North America.”
- Stream Valerie June’s Pushin’ Against a Stone.
- Giovanni Russonello of The Atlantic asks, “Why Is a Music Genre Called ‘Americana’ So Overwhelmingly White and Male?”
- A list of reasons why Florida Georgia Line’s “Cruise” shouldn’t be thought of as the top Billboard country single of all time.
- Listen to “Me,” the first single from Australian singer-songwriter Ashleigh Dallas’ Dancing with a Ghost.
- Neal McCoy and Trace Adkins performed “Roll on Mississippi” together on the Grand Ole Opry stage.
- Ashton Shepherd will release her new album, This is America, August 16.
- Kellie Pickler covered George Jones’ “White Lightning” for Sirius/XM Radio.
- Emily West posted a video of her covering Whitney Houston’s “I Wanna Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me).”
- “Don’t Ya,” Brett Eldredge’s current radio single, has been certified gold.
- Rolling Stone photographer Drew Reynolds shadowed Jason Aldean on the day the singer played Wrigley Field.
- Not to be outdone by the crosstown Cubs, the White Sox are hosting a Country Music Night that will feature fireworks set to Grand Ole Opry recordings.
- Kenny Chesney announced that he will not tour in 2014.
- Jennifer Nettles shared a clip of her upcoming single, “That Girl.”
- Kellie Pickler’s next single will be “Little Bit Gypsy.” You can listen to it here.
- Lucero’s Ben Nichols was interviewed for a piece on CMT Edge.
- New music videos:
North 40 – “Hey Girl Hey”
Thomas White – “I Need a Honky Tonk”
Jiggley Jones – “Ain’t That Alright”
Antigone Rising – “That Was the Whiskey”
Cassadee Pope – “Wasting All These Tears” (live on the Opry)
Chris Cavanaugh – “I’m All About That”
Lowland Hum – “Albatross”
John Fogerty and Keith Urban – “Almost Saturday Night”
Della Mae – “Paper Prince”
Curtis Grimes – “Home to Me”
Shooter Jennings – “Wild and Lonesome”
- Mike W: Really liking the new Ryan Bingham song, his last album really didnt do much for me, but this new song …
- nm: Oh, the old Sutler. The first time I visited Nashville, I went to a New Year's Eve show there: Lonesome …
- Tom: ...another "favorite child question". then again, what would the genre be without all the drama it's got to deal with. …
- luckyoldsun: Dwight's had so many great songs. From memory, I'd have to name "Bakersfield" with Buck Owens, "Guitars, Cadillacs," "Nothing" and …
- Scooter: Thanks Jonathon. Downloaded "Last Chance for a thousand years" and love it. Was unaware of that album.
- Donald: The correct answer is of course, "Bury Me."
- Leeann Ward: As far as I know, I have all of Dwight's albums. It's truly impossible to choose a favorite song, but …
- Michael: I wonder if Kasey Chambers will be visiting Dr. Gwen Korovin for treatment of her vocal cords...
- Dave D.: Just about any song off of Dwight's first three albums would qualify as a favorite; forced to pick one I'd …
- Jack Williams: No. Not Owner of a Lonely Heart. I was hoping for better when I saw the article title …