Stream Valerie June’s Pushin’ Against a Stone; Ashleigh Dallas Debuts New Single; New Music Videos
- Lonestar has a new single called “Party All Day.”
- George Ducas will release 4340 in late October. The album includes some co-writes with the likes of Radney Foster and Keifer Thompson.
- The couple that got married at the 2012 ACM Awards is naming their baby after Martina McBride.
- Sue Zalokar of Street Roots News interviewed the always-entertaining Todd Snider.
- Jimmy Dean keeps on giving even after his passing: his foundation just gave $100,000 to the Henricus Foundation, a nonprofit organization that looks over Henricus Historical Park, which “tells the story of the second successful English settlement in North America.”
- Stream Valerie June’s Pushin’ Against a Stone.
- Giovanni Russonello of The Atlantic asks, “Why Is a Music Genre Called ‘Americana’ So Overwhelmingly White and Male?”
- A list of reasons why Florida Georgia Line’s “Cruise” shouldn’t be thought of as the top Billboard country single of all time.
- Listen to “Me,” the first single from Australian singer-songwriter Ashleigh Dallas’ Dancing with a Ghost.
- Neal McCoy and Trace Adkins performed “Roll on Mississippi” together on the Grand Ole Opry stage.
- Ashton Shepherd will release her new album, This is America, August 16.
- Kellie Pickler covered George Jones’ “White Lightning” for Sirius/XM Radio.
- Emily West posted a video of her covering Whitney Houston’s “I Wanna Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me).”
- “Don’t Ya,” Brett Eldredge’s current radio single, has been certified gold.
- Rolling Stone photographer Drew Reynolds shadowed Jason Aldean on the day the singer played Wrigley Field.
- Not to be outdone by the crosstown Cubs, the White Sox are hosting a Country Music Night that will feature fireworks set to Grand Ole Opry recordings.
- Kenny Chesney announced that he will not tour in 2014.
- Jennifer Nettles shared a clip of her upcoming single, “That Girl.”
- Kellie Pickler’s next single will be “Little Bit Gypsy.” You can listen to it here.
- Lucero’s Ben Nichols was interviewed for a piece on CMT Edge.
- New music videos:
North 40 – “Hey Girl Hey”
Thomas White – “I Need a Honky Tonk”
Jiggley Jones – “Ain’t That Alright”
Antigone Rising – “That Was the Whiskey”
Cassadee Pope – “Wasting All These Tears” (live on the Opry)
Chris Cavanaugh – “I’m All About That”
Lowland Hum – “Albatross”
John Fogerty and Keith Urban – “Almost Saturday Night”
Della Mae – “Paper Prince”
Curtis Grimes – “Home to Me”
Shooter Jennings – “Wild and Lonesome”
- Leeann: Wow! Heavy topic and horrifying indeed! "Beer for My Horses" was all fun and games until that reference, I'll have …
- Barry Mazor: Everything else aside, the way that reporter fills us in, with must-have, pointless generational snark included, about who this "Little …
- luckyoldsun: "The Night The Lights Went Out in Georgia" seems to be about a lynching--even if there's something about a judge …
- Arlene: Sorry. I meant to give the link for "Supper Time." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ58Kfe41kI
- Arlene: Another song sung by Ethel Waters: Irving Berlin's "Supper Time"
- bob: Powerful songs. I read the book "A Lynching in the Heartland" by James H. Madison about a dozen years ago. …
- Ron: Sky Above, Mud Below by Tom Russell is another.
- Jack Williams: Another Othis Taylor song from White African is "My Soul's in Louisiana."
- Jack Williams: Lynch Blues - Corey Harris Countrycide (The Ballad of Ed and Charlie Brown) - Alvin Youngblood Hart Divine Object of Hatred - …
- TexasVet: Marty Robbins - The Hanging Tree https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xczpRc6_yBA