Stream Valerie June’s Pushin’ Against a Stone; Ashleigh Dallas Debuts New Single; New Music Videos
- Lonestar has a new single called “Party All Day.”
- George Ducas will release 4340 in late October. The album includes some co-writes with the likes of Radney Foster and Keifer Thompson.
- The couple that got married at the 2012 ACM Awards is naming their baby after Martina McBride.
- Sue Zalokar of Street Roots News interviewed the always-entertaining Todd Snider.
- Jimmy Dean keeps on giving even after his passing: his foundation just gave $100,000 to the Henricus Foundation, a nonprofit organization that looks over Henricus Historical Park, which “tells the story of the second successful English settlement in North America.”
- Stream Valerie June’s Pushin’ Against a Stone.
- Giovanni Russonello of The Atlantic asks, “Why Is a Music Genre Called ‘Americana’ So Overwhelmingly White and Male?”
- A list of reasons why Florida Georgia Line’s “Cruise” shouldn’t be thought of as the top Billboard country single of all time.
- Listen to “Me,” the first single from Australian singer-songwriter Ashleigh Dallas’ Dancing with a Ghost.
- Neal McCoy and Trace Adkins performed “Roll on Mississippi” together on the Grand Ole Opry stage.
- Ashton Shepherd will release her new album, This is America, August 16.
- Kellie Pickler covered George Jones’ “White Lightning” for Sirius/XM Radio.
- Emily West posted a video of her covering Whitney Houston’s “I Wanna Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me).”
- “Don’t Ya,” Brett Eldredge’s current radio single, has been certified gold.
- Rolling Stone photographer Drew Reynolds shadowed Jason Aldean on the day the singer played Wrigley Field.
- Not to be outdone by the crosstown Cubs, the White Sox are hosting a Country Music Night that will feature fireworks set to Grand Ole Opry recordings.
- Kenny Chesney announced that he will not tour in 2014.
- Jennifer Nettles shared a clip of her upcoming single, “That Girl.”
- Kellie Pickler’s next single will be “Little Bit Gypsy.” You can listen to it here.
- Lucero’s Ben Nichols was interviewed for a piece on CMT Edge.
- New music videos:
North 40 – “Hey Girl Hey”
Thomas White – “I Need a Honky Tonk”
Jiggley Jones – “Ain’t That Alright”
Antigone Rising – “That Was the Whiskey”
Cassadee Pope – “Wasting All These Tears” (live on the Opry)
Chris Cavanaugh – “I’m All About That”
Lowland Hum – “Albatross”
John Fogerty and Keith Urban – “Almost Saturday Night”
Della Mae – “Paper Prince”
Curtis Grimes – “Home to Me”
Shooter Jennings – “Wild and Lonesome”
- Leeann Ward: I'll just go ahead and say it. I was impressed with how well Carrie did with the singing. I'm a …
- TexasVet: From MusicRow: Underwood’s ‘The Sound of Music Live!’ Brings In 19.3 Million Viewers earned NBC its biggest audience on the night …
- nm: I'd love to see a version of TSoM that managed to sneak in a new number or two based on …
- Barry Mazor: That any version of "Sound of Music" would be "trying to replace the cats of the movie" is an hysterically …
- TexasVet: The Von Trapps had some stinging comments concerning Underwood’s “Spound of Music” part. I think they pose some legitimate …
- tncheesehead: reading the story behind the Paisley/Underwood lawsuit I would guess that yes the idea was stolen - too many coincidences …
- BRUCE: Interesting lawsuit against Paisley & Underwood plus Sony. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. The Von Trapps …
- Country fan: Hunter is very good, I wish he would do some traditional country music.
- Luckyoldsun: Well, Hunter plays a mean accordion on Jambalaya!
- Country fan: Merle is one of the greatest talents in music.