Stream Valerie June’s Pushin’ Against a Stone; Ashleigh Dallas Debuts New Single; New Music Videos
- Lonestar has a new single called “Party All Day.”
- George Ducas will release 4340 in late October. The album includes some co-writes with the likes of Radney Foster and Keifer Thompson.
- The couple that got married at the 2012 ACM Awards is naming their baby after Martina McBride.
- Sue Zalokar of Street Roots News interviewed the always-entertaining Todd Snider.
- Jimmy Dean keeps on giving even after his passing: his foundation just gave $100,000 to the Henricus Foundation, a nonprofit organization that looks over Henricus Historical Park, which “tells the story of the second successful English settlement in North America.”
- Stream Valerie June’s Pushin’ Against a Stone.
- Giovanni Russonello of The Atlantic asks, “Why Is a Music Genre Called ‘Americana’ So Overwhelmingly White and Male?”
- A list of reasons why Florida Georgia Line’s “Cruise” shouldn’t be thought of as the top Billboard country single of all time.
- Listen to “Me,” the first single from Australian singer-songwriter Ashleigh Dallas’ Dancing with a Ghost.
- Neal McCoy and Trace Adkins performed “Roll on Mississippi” together on the Grand Ole Opry stage.
- Ashton Shepherd will release her new album, This is America, August 16.
- Kellie Pickler covered George Jones’ “White Lightning” for Sirius/XM Radio.
- Emily West posted a video of her covering Whitney Houston’s “I Wanna Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me).”
- “Don’t Ya,” Brett Eldredge’s current radio single, has been certified gold.
- Rolling Stone photographer Drew Reynolds shadowed Jason Aldean on the day the singer played Wrigley Field.
- Not to be outdone by the crosstown Cubs, the White Sox are hosting a Country Music Night that will feature fireworks set to Grand Ole Opry recordings.
- Kenny Chesney announced that he will not tour in 2014.
- Jennifer Nettles shared a clip of her upcoming single, “That Girl.”
- Kellie Pickler’s next single will be “Little Bit Gypsy.” You can listen to it here.
- Lucero’s Ben Nichols was interviewed for a piece on CMT Edge.
- New music videos:
North 40 – “Hey Girl Hey”
Thomas White – “I Need a Honky Tonk”
Jiggley Jones – “Ain’t That Alright”
Antigone Rising – “That Was the Whiskey”
Cassadee Pope – “Wasting All These Tears” (live on the Opry)
Chris Cavanaugh – “I’m All About That”
Lowland Hum – “Albatross”
John Fogerty and Keith Urban – “Almost Saturday Night”
Della Mae – “Paper Prince”
Curtis Grimes – “Home to Me”
Shooter Jennings – “Wild and Lonesome”
- Jack: The Everly Brothers "Song Our Daddy Taught Us" and "Roots" LPs look good.
- Juli Thanki: Indeed, Richie. Leslie Knope is my spirit animal.
- Six String Richie: That Parks & Rec. clip was perfection! Everybody reading this blog should watch it even if they don't watch the …
- Ben Foster: I'm coveting Dolly Parton's "Blue Smoke" 45.
- Barry Mazor: Speculation is free!
- Jack: Taste of Country has a pretty shallow point of view, and this little blurb is exhibit A.
- Leeann Ward: It is admittedly fun to speculate about these things.
- luckyoldsun: I wonder if the key to learning Gong Kwon Yu Sul is to be higher than a kite. lol
- luckyoldsun: Barry, I didn't say or imply that I have superior knowledge about the nominating process or workings--I'm just willing to make …
- CraigR.: After watching Easton Corbin's video I am left wondering where the man who made " I'm A Little Bit More …