Stream New Music From Nanci Griffith and Alabama Shakes; Punch Brothers Cover The Cars; Album Releases
- The April Trail Mix from Blue Ridge Outdoors Magazine, featuring tracks from Sierra Hull, The Steel Wheels, Steep Canyon Rangers, Casey Driessen, and more is available for free download.
- And Performing Songwriter has the new one from Nanci Griffith.
- If you missed Eddie Stubbs’ on-air Earl Scruggs tribute or the celebration of Scruggs’ life at the Ryman last Sunday, you can listen to both here.
- Peter Cooper wrote an article for the Tennessean on that memorial at the Ryman.
- Listen to The Wood Brothers cover Mississippi John Hurt.
- Brett Warren tells American Songwriter the story behind “Red Solo Cup:” Our songplugger Nathan Nicholson played “Red Solo Cup” for Trailer Choir. The singer of Trailer Choir said, “I love this song.” He called me and Brad and said, “This is the greatest song ever written. Can I play it for Toby?” And I said, “Sure, play it for him. He’ll love it. But he won’t cut it.” So two weeks later I get a call from Toby’s manager saying, “We’re cutting ‘Red Solo Cup.”
- Jason Aldean has finished his next album, and expects to release the first single this summer, with the record coming out in the fall.
- Terri Clark’s Roots and Wings took home Country Album of the Year at the Juno Awards, while The Wailin’ Jennys’ Bright Morning Stars won Roots and Traditional Album of the Year by a Group.
- Check out the Tennessee Shines Radio Show, “celebrating Knoxville’s musical and broadcasting heritage” on Monday evenings from 7-8pm CST on WDVX.com.
- This week’s album and book releases:
Dolly Parton – An Evening with Dolly (Cracker Barrel exclusive)
Johnny Cash – Bootleg Vol. IV: The Soul of Truth
The Vespers – The Fourth Wall
Rascal Flatts – Changed
The Lumineers – The Lumineers
Clarence Bucaro – Walls of the World
Great Lake Swimmers – New Wild Everywhere
Loretta Lynn – Honky Tonk Girl: My Life in Lyrics