Stream John Fullbright, Kelly Willis & Bruce Robison Albums; Todd Snider Salutes Mick Jagger; B.B. King Documentary Premieres Today
- A few album premieres:
John Fullbright – Songs
Kelly Willis & Bruce Robison – Our Year
Amy LaVere – Runaway’s Diary
Bronwynne Brent – Stardust
- Sturgill Simpson performs “Time After All” in the Nashville Scene’s “Live in the Morgue” video series.
- Todd Snider salutes Mick Jagger in an American Songwriter column.
- Alison Bonaguro picks a few girl on girl duets she’d like to see.
- Shovels & Rope played “Shank Hill” for KEXP. Watch here.
- Here’s the lyric video for Alan Jackson’s “A Million Ways to Die,” a song from the forthcoming film A Million Ways to Die in the West, starring Seth McFarlane, Charlize Theron, and Liam Neeson.
- The Charlie Daniels Band released a video for their version of “Tangled Up in Blue.” Daniels was one of several musicians on hand a few days ago to help Gibson launch their new Southern Rock Tribute 1959 Les Paul.
- Paste premiered Chatham County Line’s “Tightrope of Love” video.
- Nancy Dunham of Relix takes a look at “DelFest’s Distinctive Roots.”
- Blue Smoke came in at No. 2 on the Billboard Country Charts and No. 6 on the Top 200, making it Dolly Parton’s highest-charting solo album to date.
- The Secret Sisters talk to The 615’s Chuck Dauphin about their new album and tour with Nickel Creek.
- Kristen Bell is hosting the CMT Music Awards once again; this time, she’ll be solo, which is good, because even a sloth would have more charisma than last year’s wooden co-host, Jason Aldean.
- Martina McBride is raising money to provide classes and musical instruments for Covenant House, a Guatemalan home that provides care and housing to young girls who have been orphaned, abandoned, or abused. You can donate here.
- Alt-country Aussie Henry Wagons says his band’s new record “has a slight psychedelic twist.”
- Last year’s Americana Music Festival and Conference in Nashville brought in more than $5 million in “direct economic impact.”
- Producer/engineer/writer/Mary Chapin Carpenter band member John Jennings is battling metastatic kidney cancer. You can help offset the medical costs by contributing to this fundraising campaign.
- Blues fans might want to make a pilgrimage to Cleveland, Mississippi. A recent post on AmericanBluesScene.com takes a look at the town’s musical treasures.
- The Garden Theatre in Winter Garden, Florida is launching its first bluegrass concert series this summer. The Roys, Russell Moore & IIIrd Tyme Out, and Chris Henry & The Hardcore Grass Band are among the acts slated to perform.
- A new BB King documentary called The Life of Riley came out today. Here’s the trailer.
- Dave W.: Just read the news here. Will miss E145 very much - love this site. All the best to you Juli …
- Leeann Ward: Oh, dang! This is real. Farewell to the most generous, informative, quality, intelligent, consistent, ethical country music blog! You …
- bll: Thanks Juli for all the great articles and information; you'll be missed by me and I suss several others. Best …
- Both Kinds of Music: I hope people appreciate the irony that one of the best "Americana" albums is titled Metamodern Sounds in COUNTRY Music.
- Barry Mazor: I would not rule out that possibility..There's a different set of voters involved..
- Dana M: Does anyone else think that Brandy Clark actually has a good chance of winning since this isn't a country awards …
- Juli Thanki: UPDATE: Brandy Clark got a Best New Artist nom. BEST AMERICANA ALBUM: Rosanne Cash -- The River & The Thread John Hiatt -- Terms …
- luckyoldsun: Glenn Campbell is great and I'd love to see him get an award, but the words of that song may …
- Casey Penn: Juli, it was an honor to write for you here on Engine145.com. You're good at what you do, and The …
- bob: Go Brandy FGL - Just go away.