Steve Grand’s Video Goes Viral; Jason Eady’s Next Album Due in October; New Music Videos
- Steve Grand, an openly gay country singer, has released a music video for “All-American Boy;” in its first week of release, the video has been viewed over 400,000 times. The song and video depict unrequited love for another man.
- Watch and listen as Steel Magnolia’s Meghan Linsey knocks “Natural Woman” out of the park.
- Jason Eady’s Daylight and Dark album is scheduled for release on October 29.
- Emerson Drive has released a new single called “She Always Gets What She Wants.”
- 60,000+ people packed a Norman, Oklahoma stadium for Toby Keith’s Twister Relief benefit concert.
- Johnny MacRae, the songwriter behind Conway Twitty’s “I’d Just Love to Lay You Down” and Reba McEntire’s “You Lift Me Up to Heaven” passed away last week at the age of 84.
- Furman Roger Wilson, a founding member of the bluegrass band Primitive Quartet, passed away on July 2 at 71.
- Cody Canada played a song called “250,000 Things” for Best in Texas Music Magazine.
- An arrest has been made in the murder of Jo Dee Messina’s stage manager.
- Danielle Bradbery’s debut single, “The Heart of Dixie,” will be released on July 16.
- (Overly?) Devoted fan Patric Parkey has gotten permission to open a museum exhibit dedicated to Dolly Parton.
- Trace Adkins is giving away a download of a new song called “Take It from Me” on his website.
- UK pop band The Saturdays want to record a country song.
- Set your DVR for the Friday night episode of The Joey and Rory Show on RFD-TV. The Engine 145-sponsored Golf & Guitars concert will be the main feature for the music duo’s half-hour variety show– and you just might see this writer somewhere in the episode. The show will also feature them giving a private concert for my California Eagles Special Olympics “kids” that will absolutely melt your heart.
- Sugarland’s Kristian Bush has released a new song called “American Window.”
- New music videos from the past week or so:
Aaron Lewis – “Granddaddy’s Gun”
Creed Bratton – “Unemployment Line”
Aoife O’Donovan – “Red & White & Blue & Gold”
Taylor Swift – “Red”
Kaylens Rain – “Waiting on a Bus”
Monroeville – “Gallorojo”
Brandy Clark – “Stripes”
Laura Bell Bundy – “Two Step”
Sarah Darling – “Little Umbrellas”
Cornbred – “Take My Breath”
Kellie Pickler – “Someone Somewhere Tonight”
Gwen Sebastian – “Suitcase”
Mindy Smith and Matthew Perryman Jones — “Anymore of This”
Billy Currington – “Hey Girl”
Escondito – “Cold October”
Langhorne Slim – “The Way We Move”
- Dave W.: Just read the news here. Will miss E145 very much - love this site. All the best to you Juli …
- Leeann Ward: Oh, dang! This is real. Farewell to the most generous, informative, quality, intelligent, consistent, ethical country music blog! You …
- bll: Thanks Juli for all the great articles and information; you'll be missed by me and I suss several others. Best …
- Both Kinds of Music: I hope people appreciate the irony that one of the best "Americana" albums is titled Metamodern Sounds in COUNTRY Music.
- Barry Mazor: I would not rule out that possibility..There's a different set of voters involved..
- Dana M: Does anyone else think that Brandy Clark actually has a good chance of winning since this isn't a country awards …
- Juli Thanki: UPDATE: Brandy Clark got a Best New Artist nom. BEST AMERICANA ALBUM: Rosanne Cash -- The River & The Thread John Hiatt -- Terms …
- luckyoldsun: Glenn Campbell is great and I'd love to see him get an award, but the words of that song may …
- Casey Penn: Juli, it was an honor to write for you here on Engine145.com. You're good at what you do, and The …
- bob: Go Brandy FGL - Just go away.