Steve Grand’s Video Goes Viral; Jason Eady’s Next Album Due in October; New Music Videos
- Steve Grand, an openly gay country singer, has released a music video for “All-American Boy;” in its first week of release, the video has been viewed over 400,000 times. The song and video depict unrequited love for another man.
- Watch and listen as Steel Magnolia’s Meghan Linsey knocks “Natural Woman” out of the park.
- Jason Eady’s Daylight and Dark album is scheduled for release on October 29.
- Emerson Drive has released a new single called “She Always Gets What She Wants.”
- 60,000+ people packed a Norman, Oklahoma stadium for Toby Keith’s Twister Relief benefit concert.
- Johnny MacRae, the songwriter behind Conway Twitty’s “I’d Just Love to Lay You Down” and Reba McEntire’s “You Lift Me Up to Heaven” passed away last week at the age of 84.
- Furman Roger Wilson, a founding member of the bluegrass band Primitive Quartet, passed away on July 2 at 71.
- Cody Canada played a song called “250,000 Things” for Best in Texas Music Magazine.
- An arrest has been made in the murder of Jo Dee Messina’s stage manager.
- Danielle Bradbery’s debut single, “The Heart of Dixie,” will be released on July 16.
- (Overly?) Devoted fan Patric Parkey has gotten permission to open a museum exhibit dedicated to Dolly Parton.
- Trace Adkins is giving away a download of a new song called “Take It from Me” on his website.
- UK pop band The Saturdays want to record a country song.
- Set your DVR for the Friday night episode of The Joey and Rory Show on RFD-TV. The Engine 145-sponsored Golf & Guitars concert will be the main feature for the music duo’s half-hour variety show– and you just might see this writer somewhere in the episode. The show will also feature them giving a private concert for my California Eagles Special Olympics “kids” that will absolutely melt your heart.
- Sugarland’s Kristian Bush has released a new song called “American Window.”
- New music videos from the past week or so:
Aaron Lewis – “Granddaddy’s Gun”
Creed Bratton – “Unemployment Line”
Aoife O’Donovan – “Red & White & Blue & Gold”
Taylor Swift – “Red”
Kaylens Rain – “Waiting on a Bus”
Monroeville – “Gallorojo”
Brandy Clark – “Stripes”
Laura Bell Bundy – “Two Step”
Sarah Darling – “Little Umbrellas”
Cornbred – “Take My Breath”
Kellie Pickler – “Someone Somewhere Tonight”
Gwen Sebastian – “Suitcase”
Mindy Smith and Matthew Perryman Jones — “Anymore of This”
Billy Currington – “Hey Girl”
Escondito – “Cold October”
Langhorne Slim – “The Way We Move”
- CraigR.: I beg everyone to watch the music( if you can call it that)video for Florida Georgia Line with Luke Bryan. …
- Roger: That Don Williams cover of Sing Me Back Home sounds great - have to check out that new CD.
- Gene Cross, Jr.: A very pretty song. I sure look forward to being able to buy the complete CD tomorrow. I am a …
- Kanenrake Stacey: I always wondered why RCA gave up on her so fast, I'm glad to know that it was probably because …
- bob: Great interview of an impressive young lady. I'll have to check out that Blues album when it comes out.
- Jack Pliskin: Oh it's good to hear some real country music being made in this day and age. Don Williams is simply a …
- darol anger: This band is not one you're likely to hear out on the fester or club circuit. It's a rare and …
- Livewire: So that's the interview Best listen to the album and decide for yourself. It was slated in UK's Country Music People Magazine A …
- Stormy: A little more glam rock than New Wave, but here is Kenneth Brian covering David Bowie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJhfD77QOLY
- Jack Williams: Forgot this one: Richard Thompson - Tempted (Squeeze)