Steve Grand’s Video Goes Viral; Jason Eady’s Next Album Due in October; New Music Videos
- Steve Grand, an openly gay country singer, has released a music video for “All-American Boy;” in its first week of release, the video has been viewed over 400,000 times. The song and video depict unrequited love for another man.
- Watch and listen as Steel Magnolia’s Meghan Linsey knocks “Natural Woman” out of the park.
- Jason Eady’s Daylight and Dark album is scheduled for release on October 29.
- Emerson Drive has released a new single called “She Always Gets What She Wants.”
- 60,000+ people packed a Norman, Oklahoma stadium for Toby Keith’s Twister Relief benefit concert.
- Johnny MacRae, the songwriter behind Conway Twitty’s “I’d Just Love to Lay You Down” and Reba McEntire’s “You Lift Me Up to Heaven” passed away last week at the age of 84.
- Furman Roger Wilson, a founding member of the bluegrass band Primitive Quartet, passed away on July 2 at 71.
- Cody Canada played a song called “250,000 Things” for Best in Texas Music Magazine.
- An arrest has been made in the murder of Jo Dee Messina’s stage manager.
- Danielle Bradbery’s debut single, “The Heart of Dixie,” will be released on July 16.
- (Overly?) Devoted fan Patric Parkey has gotten permission to open a museum exhibit dedicated to Dolly Parton.
- Trace Adkins is giving away a download of a new song called “Take It from Me” on his website.
- UK pop band The Saturdays want to record a country song.
- Set your DVR for the Friday night episode of The Joey and Rory Show on RFD-TV. The Engine 145-sponsored Golf & Guitars concert will be the main feature for the music duo’s half-hour variety show– and you just might see this writer somewhere in the episode. The show will also feature them giving a private concert for my California Eagles Special Olympics “kids” that will absolutely melt your heart.
- Sugarland’s Kristian Bush has released a new song called “American Window.”
- New music videos from the past week or so:
Aaron Lewis – “Granddaddy’s Gun”
Creed Bratton – “Unemployment Line”
Aoife O’Donovan – “Red & White & Blue & Gold”
Taylor Swift – “Red”
Kaylens Rain – “Waiting on a Bus”
Monroeville – “Gallorojo”
Brandy Clark – “Stripes”
Laura Bell Bundy – “Two Step”
Sarah Darling – “Little Umbrellas”
Cornbred – “Take My Breath”
Kellie Pickler – “Someone Somewhere Tonight”
Gwen Sebastian – “Suitcase”
Mindy Smith and Matthew Perryman Jones — “Anymore of This”
Billy Currington – “Hey Girl”
Escondito – “Cold October”
Langhorne Slim – “The Way We Move”
- Jack: The Everly Brothers "Song Our Daddy Taught Us" and "Roots" LPs look good.
- Juli Thanki: Indeed, Richie. Leslie Knope is my spirit animal.
- Six String Richie: That Parks & Rec. clip was perfection! Everybody reading this blog should watch it even if they don't watch the …
- Ben Foster: I'm coveting Dolly Parton's "Blue Smoke" 45.
- Barry Mazor: Speculation is free!
- Jack: Taste of Country has a pretty shallow point of view, and this little blurb is exhibit A.
- Leeann Ward: It is admittedly fun to speculate about these things.
- luckyoldsun: I wonder if the key to learning Gong Kwon Yu Sul is to be higher than a kite. lol
- luckyoldsun: Barry, I didn't say or imply that I have superior knowledge about the nominating process or workings--I'm just willing to make …
- CraigR.: After watching Easton Corbin's video I am left wondering where the man who made " I'm A Little Bit More …