Steel Wheels Song Premiere and Album Giveaway
The Steel Wheels’ third album, No More Rain, which comes out tomorrow, might be their strongest record yet. The Virginia-based Americana band, centered around frontman Trent Wagler’s instantly recognizable voice, deliver well-written originals (and a fine Tom Waits cover) backed by sharp acoustic arrangements. The result is an album that immediately feels as comfortable as a favorite pair of well-worn jeans.
We’ve got three copies of No More Rain to give away to some lucky Engine 145 readers. To enter our contest, leave a comment on this post before 8 a.m. Eastern on Friday, April 19. Winners will be notified by email, so be sure to use a valid address.
- mrsandy: Also worth noting: Priscilla Mitchell was Jerry Reed's widow.
- Leeann Ward: Wow! My heart goes out to Allison Moorer. She's had so many terrible things happen in her life. It's too …
- Leeann Ward: I must have this audio book!
- Juli Thanki: Ha! Same thing happened at Sturgill Simpson's show I went to last month, only he was singing "I Never Go …
- Dave D.: On the topic of Lee Ann and dark songs, the funniest moment at this year's Americana Fest was during her …
- Jonathan Pappalardo: I love Lori McKenna. Coming from Massachusetts, she's our local girl. I've been fortunate to see her in concert a …
- bll: I suss her re-recording her hits for 'Gwendolen records' means she can stop MCA from releasing her hits against her.
- Greg Judy: Cooler festivals and marching bands at the football games!
- kevin ilinger: Fall colors bluegrass and apple cider
- luckyoldsun: If I was a "long-time fan" of Trisha, I'd probably spring for the CD.