Steel Guitar Hall of Fame Inducts Barbara Mandrell; Willie Nelson Bluegrass; Ricky Skaggs Stream
- Barbara Mandrell has become the first woman inducted into the Steel Guitar Hall of Fame.
- Country California fake news:
Between canceled shows and a CMA Entertainer of the Year snub, fans of pop-country duo Sugarland have had a rough go of it in recent months. Sadly, there’s more bad news on the way: doctors have ordered Kristian Bush on vocal rest, forcing the duo to cancel none of its upcoming concert appearances.
- Taking a cue from Hank Williams, who married his second wife onstage, Lucinda Williams will marry her manager Tom Overby onstage during her Sept. 18 concert in Minneapolis.
- Willie Nelson has plans to work with T Bone Burnette on his first bluegrass album.
- My Kind of Country is giving away a copy of George Strait‘s 50 Numbers Ones.
- Tom Russell stands behind his new record, Blood and Candle Smoke.
If you don’t think the record is 100% there for you or honest or “good,” or if there’s any false passion or bad lines, then bring it to a gig and I’ll trade you two different cds back for it. Or give you 20 bucks. That’s what I can guarantee you within the so-called music culture of today. It’s all I have at present. I believe in this record, and I don’t believe in much else.
- Country Universe: What music has been successfully filtered to you from your parents?
- Model Scheana Marie Jancan doesn’t let the fact that Eddie Cibrian was married to another woman stop her from accusing him of cheating on her with LeAnn Rimes.
- Listen to “Great Divide,” the new single from Josh Grider‘s forthcoming album Sweet Road To Ride, which is one of Shayne Hollinger’s top tracks for the month of September.
- Taylor Swift feeds on pressure and is motivated by naysayers.
- She’s also re-releasing Fearless on Oct. 27 with six new songs and a DVD that includes photos, tour footage, and her music videos.
- Snag a copy of Robert Earl Keen‘s new single, “The Rose Hotel,” in exchange for your name and email address.
- Ninebullets.net says you should steer clear of Yonder Mountain String Band‘s tenth album, The Show.
- Despite suffering a stroke over the weekend, Garrison Keillor, author and host of the radio show “A Prairie Home Companion,” plans to resume a normal schedule next week.
- Kelly Manix is giving away a free download of “Don’t Cry Yourself To Sleep” from her recent album Emerald City.
- The Houston Chronicle‘s Andrew Dansby celebrates Brad Paisley‘s ordinariness.
- Ricky Skaggs is streaming his new record, Ricky Skaggs Solo (Songs My Dad Loved), in full on iLike until its release next week.
- P.S. I saw Randy Rogers in Subway yesterday.
- Dave W.: Just read the news here. Will miss E145 very much - love this site. All the best to you Juli …
- Leeann Ward: Oh, dang! This is real. Farewell to the most generous, informative, quality, intelligent, consistent, ethical country music blog! You …
- bll: Thanks Juli for all the great articles and information; you'll be missed by me and I suss several others. Best …
- Both Kinds of Music: I hope people appreciate the irony that one of the best "Americana" albums is titled Metamodern Sounds in COUNTRY Music.
- Barry Mazor: I would not rule out that possibility..There's a different set of voters involved..
- Dana M: Does anyone else think that Brandy Clark actually has a good chance of winning since this isn't a country awards …
- Juli Thanki: UPDATE: Brandy Clark got a Best New Artist nom. BEST AMERICANA ALBUM: Rosanne Cash -- The River & The Thread John Hiatt -- Terms …
- luckyoldsun: Glenn Campbell is great and I'd love to see him get an award, but the words of that song may …
- Casey Penn: Juli, it was an honor to write for you here on Engine145.com. You're good at what you do, and The …
- bob: Go Brandy FGL - Just go away.