Steel Guitar Hall of Fame Inducts Barbara Mandrell; Willie Nelson Bluegrass; Ricky Skaggs Stream
- Barbara Mandrell has become the first woman inducted into the Steel Guitar Hall of Fame.
- Country California fake news:
Between canceled shows and a CMA Entertainer of the Year snub, fans of pop-country duo Sugarland have had a rough go of it in recent months. Sadly, there’s more bad news on the way: doctors have ordered Kristian Bush on vocal rest, forcing the duo to cancel none of its upcoming concert appearances.
- Taking a cue from Hank Williams, who married his second wife onstage, Lucinda Williams will marry her manager Tom Overby onstage during her Sept. 18 concert in Minneapolis.
- Willie Nelson has plans to work with T Bone Burnette on his first bluegrass album.
- My Kind of Country is giving away a copy of George Strait‘s 50 Numbers Ones.
- Tom Russell stands behind his new record, Blood and Candle Smoke.
If you don’t think the record is 100% there for you or honest or “good,” or if there’s any false passion or bad lines, then bring it to a gig and I’ll trade you two different cds back for it. Or give you 20 bucks. That’s what I can guarantee you within the so-called music culture of today. It’s all I have at present. I believe in this record, and I don’t believe in much else.
- Country Universe: What music has been successfully filtered to you from your parents?
- Model Scheana Marie Jancan doesn’t let the fact that Eddie Cibrian was married to another woman stop her from accusing him of cheating on her with LeAnn Rimes.
- Listen to “Great Divide,” the new single from Josh Grider‘s forthcoming album Sweet Road To Ride, which is one of Shayne Hollinger’s top tracks for the month of September.
- Taylor Swift feeds on pressure and is motivated by naysayers.
- She’s also re-releasing Fearless on Oct. 27 with six new songs and a DVD that includes photos, tour footage, and her music videos.
- Snag a copy of Robert Earl Keen‘s new single, “The Rose Hotel,” in exchange for your name and email address.
- Ninebullets.net says you should steer clear of Yonder Mountain String Band‘s tenth album, The Show.
- Despite suffering a stroke over the weekend, Garrison Keillor, author and host of the radio show “A Prairie Home Companion,” plans to resume a normal schedule next week.
- Kelly Manix is giving away a free download of “Don’t Cry Yourself To Sleep” from her recent album Emerald City.
- The Houston Chronicle‘s Andrew Dansby celebrates Brad Paisley‘s ordinariness.
- Ricky Skaggs is streaming his new record, Ricky Skaggs Solo (Songs My Dad Loved), in full on iLike until its release next week.
- P.S. I saw Randy Rogers in Subway yesterday.
- nm: I enjoyed that Nashville recap from the Fug Girls, but the absolutely best recaps are in the Nashville Scene, by …
- Donald: "Don't Forget the Coffee, Billy Joe" is just one of my many favourites!
- paul w dennis: My favorite TTH sings are "I Can't Dance" and St. Louis Named A Shoe After Me" Of course, that just …
- luckyoldsun: Actually, it strikes me as a rather iffy subject for a museum. What kind of exhibits would they have? Jones …
- Tom: ...good idea, a george jones museum in nashville. is there a building tall enough for a voice and a career …
- mrsandy: Also worth noting: Priscilla Mitchell was Jerry Reed's widow.
- Leeann Ward: Wow! My heart goes out to Allison Moorer. She's had so many terrible things happen in her life. It's too …
- Leeann Ward: I must have this audio book!
- Juli Thanki: Ha! Same thing happened at Sturgill Simpson's show I went to last month, only he was singing "I Never Go …
- Dave D.: On the topic of Lee Ann and dark songs, the funniest moment at this year's Americana Fest was during her …