Song Premiere: Sam Riggs & The Night People — “Angola’s Lament”
With all the music that’s come out this month, you might have missed Outrun the Sun, the new record from rootsy rockers Sam Riggs & The Night People. Today we’re excited to premiere one of the strongest tracks on the album, “Angola’s Lament.” Here’s what Riggs had to say about his new single:
“‘Angola’s Lament’ is a tragic love story that threads the needles of broken heartedness and rage, and laces it all up with a horrific murder scene towards the end. It’s about a prison guard who murders his wife and her lover, and never gets caught for it, but is tortured by it every day. I wanted to write a song that answered to no one and shed light on a subject we have all thought about or heard of. It’s raw and real. And it rocks. Hard.”
- Pam Wallace: A day like yesterday,...driving through Ohio countryside with leaves beginning to turn and cows lying in the pastures because every …
- Jackie Lester: My favorite part of autumn is seeing wooly bear caterpillars!
- Mike harris: Love fall with the warm glow of the sun and all the beautiful fall colors
- Richrd Simerson: Love good old bluegrass music
- Six String Richie: Studio A will be replaced with a dog park, condos and restaurants. Gentrification at it's finest.
- Denise Vernon: Full moon with smell of leaves burning.
- Lisa Phillips: Love the Radio Ramblers! My favorite thing about fall is everything pumpkin.....coffee, cookies, muffins, pie.....etc!
- Sabrina Parnell: Def the cooler temps, football, great food , holidays on the way ,and of course more good country music releases.
- Debbie W: the changing colors of the leaves
- joyce King: I love FALL, the day your album Sept.25th is our wedding anniversary 46th!!! We have a fall Bean Supper, …