Song Premiere: Possessed by Paul James — “Sweet But Bitter Life”
For ten months of the year, the one-man band Possessed by Paul James is Mr. Wert, a Life Skills teacher at an elementary school in Bourne, Texas. Wert, a captivating live performer and recent recipient of the ExCEL Award for his work with developmentally disabled students, draws from country, blues, folk, and a bit of punk in his music.
Possessed by Paul James’ forthcoming album, There Will Be Nights When I’m Lonely, is due out October 29 on Hillgrass Bluebilly Records. With Wert’s engaging songwriting on tracks like “38-Year Old Cocktail Waitress” and guest appearances from Lloyd Maines and Weary Boys Darren Sluyter and Cary Ozanian, Nights is a solid Americana record; fans of singer-songwriters like William Elliott Whitmore or Austin Lucas might want to check this one out.
This morning, we’re glad to premiere a track from that album, ”Sweet But Bitter Life.”
- Jack: The Everly Brothers "Song Our Daddy Taught Us" and "Roots" LPs look good.
- Juli Thanki: Indeed, Richie. Leslie Knope is my spirit animal.
- Six String Richie: That Parks & Rec. clip was perfection! Everybody reading this blog should watch it even if they don't watch the …
- Ben Foster: I'm coveting Dolly Parton's "Blue Smoke" 45.
- Barry Mazor: Speculation is free!
- Jack: Taste of Country has a pretty shallow point of view, and this little blurb is exhibit A.
- Leeann Ward: It is admittedly fun to speculate about these things.
- luckyoldsun: I wonder if the key to learning Gong Kwon Yu Sul is to be higher than a kite. lol
- luckyoldsun: Barry, I didn't say or imply that I have superior knowledge about the nominating process or workings--I'm just willing to make …
- CraigR.: After watching Easton Corbin's video I am left wondering where the man who made " I'm A Little Bit More …