Song Premiere: Missy Werner — “Dead Man Walking”
Missy Werner might not be as well-known as fellow bluegrass vocal powerhouses Rhonda Vincent or Dale Ann Bradley, but anyone who’s picked up her solo debut, Drifting and Dreaming, or Three Kinds of Lonesome, a 2011 release she put out with her band, knows she’s something special. The Cincinnati-based bluegrasser’s new album, Turn This Heart Around (out July 1), is a dandy, featuring Werner and her top-notch band tackling songs written by Eric Gibson, Gretchen Peters, Sarah Siskind, and more.
Today we’re pleased to premiere a track from that record, “Dead Man Walking,” which was written by Larry Cordle and Erin Enderlin; the song also features a number of guests including Sierra Hull on mandolin, Megan McCormick on guitar, and Cordle himself contributing harmony vocals.
Give a listen, and tomorrow, pick up Turn This Heart Around.
- SunsetPark: As a Pennsylvanian to this day, thanks for the list. I haven't heard the Quecreek song and so can't …
- Paul W Dennis: I would urge readers to check out the Billy Edd Wheeler salute on October 18, 2014. Billy Edd Wheeler is …
- Leeann Ward: I'm really liking Pink's folk duo song! I'm looking forward to the album!
- Donald: LOS, you made me giggle. Thank you.
- luckyoldsun: An in related news, an E.P.A. inspector is preparing to slap the cuffs on Nancy Jones tomorrow.
- luckyoldsun: Looks like old Lynn is not done saying "I beg your pardon..."
- luckyoldsun: And I hear that Pretty Boy Floyd wasn't exactly the gentleman eulogized by Woody Guthrie (and that he didn't set …
- Ken Morton, Jr.: Jeremy, I wish you the very best of luck with the release. Your moderator pick is a fine one.
- Jeremy Dylan: That FTM playlist is a grand way to spend an afternoon. SHAMELESS PLUG Btw, any Engine145 readers in Nashville on Monday night, …
- David Cantwell: Amen, Brother Barry.