Song Premiere: Logan Brill — “Nobody’s Crying”
2013 has already been a fantastic year for women in country and Americana music, and it doesn’t look like that trend is slowing any time soon, as 22-year old Logan Brill serves up rootsy pop along the lines of The Wreckers, Brandi Carlile or Sheryl Crow on her new album, Walking Wires.
The record is an impressive debut from the Tennessee native, who’s got a powerful voice that can go from sweet and pleading (“Write It on Your Heart”) to gritty and rebellious (bluesy rocker “Ne’er Do Wells”). Walking Wires, which will be released October 15 on Carnival Music, is full of soulful originals and a well-chosen cover: Patty Griffin’s “Nobody’s Crying,” which we’re glad to premiere below:
- Jack: The Everly Brothers "Song Our Daddy Taught Us" and "Roots" LPs look good.
- Juli Thanki: Indeed, Richie. Leslie Knope is my spirit animal.
- Six String Richie: That Parks & Rec. clip was perfection! Everybody reading this blog should watch it even if they don't watch the …
- Ben Foster: I'm coveting Dolly Parton's "Blue Smoke" 45.
- Barry Mazor: Speculation is free!
- Jack: Taste of Country has a pretty shallow point of view, and this little blurb is exhibit A.
- Leeann Ward: It is admittedly fun to speculate about these things.
- luckyoldsun: I wonder if the key to learning Gong Kwon Yu Sul is to be higher than a kite. lol
- luckyoldsun: Barry, I didn't say or imply that I have superior knowledge about the nominating process or workings--I'm just willing to make …
- CraigR.: After watching Easton Corbin's video I am left wondering where the man who made " I'm A Little Bit More …