Song Premiere: Logan Brill — “Nobody’s Crying”
2013 has already been a fantastic year for women in country and Americana music, and it doesn’t look like that trend is slowing any time soon, as 22-year old Logan Brill serves up rootsy pop along the lines of The Wreckers, Brandi Carlile or Sheryl Crow on her new album, Walking Wires.
The record is an impressive debut from the Tennessee native, who’s got a powerful voice that can go from sweet and pleading (“Write It on Your Heart”) to gritty and rebellious (bluesy rocker “Ne’er Do Wells”). Walking Wires, which will be released October 15 on Carnival Music, is full of soulful originals and a well-chosen cover: Patty Griffin’s “Nobody’s Crying,” which we’re glad to premiere below:
- Leeann: Very nice!
- luckyoldsun: Paul, Good info. It's pretty disgraceful that Billboard editors can't even get musical history remotely right regarding even their own publication. The …
- Juli Thanki: Yep, I'll be there. Looking forward to it!
- Leeann: Wow! The Look Again to the Wind: Johnny Cash’s Bitter Tears Revisited album is so good!
- Jack Williams: I was also there on Saturday, Juli. I really liked Angeleena Presley's set, too. Marty and the boys …
- Jack Williams: I heard the guy who made the documentary talks funny. That's great news. I'll definitely buy a copy …
- Dave D.: Jim Lauderdale's The Other Sessions is my favorite; just a great country records, IMO.
- Paul W Dernnis: It seems that whoever wrote that Billboard article had some bum information. As of 1993, 13 country artists had 50 …
- Leeann: My favorite Jim Lauderdale albums are his collaborations with Ralph Stanley.
- Jeremy Dylan: Correcting my typo, that should be http://jimlauderdalemovie.com