Song Premiere: Logan Brill — “Nobody’s Crying”
2013 has already been a fantastic year for women in country and Americana music, and it doesn’t look like that trend is slowing any time soon, as 22-year old Logan Brill serves up rootsy pop along the lines of The Wreckers, Brandi Carlile or Sheryl Crow on her new album, Walking Wires.
The record is an impressive debut from the Tennessee native, who’s got a powerful voice that can go from sweet and pleading (“Write It on Your Heart”) to gritty and rebellious (bluesy rocker “Ne’er Do Wells”). Walking Wires, which will be released October 15 on Carnival Music, is full of soulful originals and a well-chosen cover: Patty Griffin’s “Nobody’s Crying,” which we’re glad to premiere below:
- mrsandy: Also worth noting: Priscilla Mitchell was Jerry Reed's widow.
- Leeann Ward: Wow! My heart goes out to Allison Moorer. She's had so many terrible things happen in her life. It's too …
- Leeann Ward: I must have this audio book!
- Juli Thanki: Ha! Same thing happened at Sturgill Simpson's show I went to last month, only he was singing "I Never Go …
- Dave D.: On the topic of Lee Ann and dark songs, the funniest moment at this year's Americana Fest was during her …
- Jonathan Pappalardo: I love Lori McKenna. Coming from Massachusetts, she's our local girl. I've been fortunate to see her in concert a …
- bll: I suss her re-recording her hits for 'Gwendolen records' means she can stop MCA from releasing her hits against her.
- Greg Judy: Cooler festivals and marching bands at the football games!
- kevin ilinger: Fall colors bluegrass and apple cider
- luckyoldsun: If I was a "long-time fan" of Trisha, I'd probably spring for the CD.