Song Premiere: Laurie Lewis — “Sailing Boat” (Live)
Bluegrass songstress Laurie Lewis has been making music for nearly 40 years, and she just keeps getting better. This morning we’re pleased to premiere “Sailing Boat,” a warm, folky cut from her new live album, One Evening in May, which was recorded last year at the Freight and Salvage Coffeehouse in Berkeley, California. Joined by Tom Rozum and Nina Gerber, Lewis — a two-time IBMA Female Vocalist of the Year — turned in a fine set that included a number of well-written originals (be sure to seek out “Barstow,” which unfolds like a novel) as well as sharp covers of “Ring of Fire” and Merle Haggard’s “One Sweet Hello.”
Give a listen to “Sailing Boat,” then watch a video (courtesy of KQED) of Lewis performing the song at Freight and Salvage:
- Jim Sibley: I like everything about fall! MLB playoffs, football, end of hot, sticky nights, etc, etc. :-)
- Ron Mullins: Cool nights, smell of autumn and colors, and nice feeling in your heart.
- mike mills: Cool night and hunting
- Paul W Dennis: MLB playoffs and the weather here in Florida finally cooling off a little. Also we get the Palatka Bluegrass Festival …
- Tony Branscomb: Peaceful Quiet Days In The Woods Watching Wildlife Playing.
- jenny patrick: my favorite part of autumn is the smell of a bonfire to roast weiners and marshmallows on .
- jeanie kinman: My favorite part of Autumn is all the festivals with bands playing Bluegrass music..Come on down to Ky Joe Mullins …
- Keith Saterwhite: My favorite part of Autumn are the beautiful colors on the trees, here in the foothills of the Blueridge Mountains.
- phillip Martinez: Thanks Joe, for always the great music.
- Martin DeSimio: Fresh apple cider.