Song Premiere: Eden Brent — “Jigsaw Heart”
Singer-songwriter Eden Brent has flown under the Americana radar for years, but in 2014, that ends. Her new album, Jigsaw Heart, which comes out next week, is an irresistible, piano-pounding collection that blends soul, alt-country, blues, and R&B.
Brent, who’s also known as “Little Boogaloo,” a nickname given to her during a 16-year apprenticeship with boogie woogie master Boogaloo Ames, worked with producer Colin Linden (Lindi Ortega, Lucinda Williams) on Jigsaw Heart, which was recorded at Nashville’s old RCA Studio A, now owned by Ben Folds.
This morning, we’re proud to premiere the title track from that record. Listen to the moving ballad below:
- Ron: Sky Above, Mud Below by Tom Russell is another.
- Jack Williams: Another Othis Taylor song from White African is "My Soul's in Louisiana."
- Jack Williams: Lynch Blues - Corey Harris Countrycide (The Ballad of Ed and Charlie Brown) - Alvin Youngblood Hart Divine Object of Hatred - …
- TexasVet: Marty Robbins - The Hanging Tree https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xczpRc6_yBA
- Janice Brooks: Nice lineup I think I read today was the Emmett Till incident.
- Juli Thanki: For $2,000, I'd want to ride a unicorn in Central Park with Chely.
- luckyoldsun: Leann- I've biked a lot of laps around Central Park over the years. If I thought it would get me to …
- Leeann: No offense to Chely Wright, but while I expect that she will make a good album, asking for $175,000 seems …
- Juli Thanki: Ha! The best way to celebrate Connie Smith Day is by marrying a younger man. Mullet optional.
- nm: But was it Connie Smith Day all day long and then from dusk to dawn?