Song Premiere: Eden Brent — “Jigsaw Heart”
Singer-songwriter Eden Brent has flown under the Americana radar for years, but in 2014, that ends. Her new album, Jigsaw Heart, which comes out next week, is an irresistible, piano-pounding collection that blends soul, alt-country, blues, and R&B.
Brent, who’s also known as “Little Boogaloo,” a nickname given to her during a 16-year apprenticeship with boogie woogie master Boogaloo Ames, worked with producer Colin Linden (Lindi Ortega, Lucinda Williams) on Jigsaw Heart, which was recorded at Nashville’s old RCA Studio A, now owned by Ben Folds.
This morning, we’re proud to premiere the title track from that record. Listen to the moving ballad below:
- Elizabeth Linder: I love sitting by a bond fire with my husband making s'mores and drinking hot chocolate.
- Jeremy Dylan: One might say that a good way to pay tribute to RCA Studio a would be to not demolish it …
- willard willams: Oct. 10, as that is our wedding anniversary. Will be 50 years and I still remember.
- Both Kinds of Music: What an excellent team-up.
- Pam Wallace: A day like yesterday,...driving through Ohio countryside with leaves beginning to turn and cows lying in the pastures because every …
- Jackie Lester: My favorite part of autumn is seeing wooly bear caterpillars!
- Mike harris: Love fall with the warm glow of the sun and all the beautiful fall colors
- Richrd Simerson: Love good old bluegrass music
- Six String Richie: Studio A will be replaced with a dog park, condos and restaurants. Gentrification at it's finest.
- Denise Vernon: Full moon with smell of leaves burning.