Shania Twain’s Face Perfect; Keith Urban Gets Festive; Even More Lists
- A study led by the University of Toronto found that Shania Twain‘s face has a perfect set of geometric measurements.
- From the article: HERE’S a heart-warming Yuletide tale that shows Caboolture lad Keith Urban really is a top guy. (via reader email)
- Farce the Music presents the worst country singles of 2009.
- Country Universe guest contributor Zack Jodlowski listed his 25 favorite Reba songs.
- Watch the purely instrumental “East Meets West” from John Cowan and his band at Music Fog.
- Twang Nation’s list of the year’s top albums expanded to 20 this year.
- Yesterday’s song of the day, via Texas Music Matters, was Jimmie Dale Gilmore‘s take on the John Lennon classic “Imagine.”
- Hickory Wind’s Hal Bogerd on the recent Drew Kennedy album: “Drew’s composed a moving homage to the road, the pleasures and the pain and “An Audio Guide To Cross Country Travel” is definitely a trip worth taking.”
- Download Joe Nichols‘ take on “Old Toy Trains” for free.
- The 9513 reader Jessica Cornett sent over her review of the CMT Tour stop with Jamey Johnson and Randy Houser in Louisville.
- Country Universe entered the top 50 in their countdown of the decade’s best singles.
- Watch the premiere of the Zac Brown Band‘s video for “Highway 20 Ride,” which can also be purchased on iTunes.
- My Kind of Country’s Occasional Hope on the recent Amber Digby release, Another Way To Live:
[...] if it had arrived a little earlier it would probably have made my top ten of the year. Boasting fine singing, great songs, and great production, this is a worthwhile purchase for any fan of real country music, especially as it was in the 1960s.
Amazon has a few 2009 releases worth checking out for $5:
- Notice: Our server will be undergoing scheduled maintenance tomorrow, so if you happen to hit the site while it’s down, don’t worry, it’ll come back up in a couple hours.
- Mike W: Really liking the new Ryan Bingham song, his last album really didnt do much for me, but this new song …
- nm: Oh, the old Sutler. The first time I visited Nashville, I went to a New Year's Eve show there: Lonesome …
- Tom: ...another "favorite child question". then again, what would the genre be without all the drama it's got to deal with. …
- luckyoldsun: Dwight's had so many great songs. From memory, I'd have to name "Bakersfield" with Buck Owens, "Guitars, Cadillacs," "Nothing" and …
- Scooter: Thanks Jonathon. Downloaded "Last Chance for a thousand years" and love it. Was unaware of that album.
- Donald: The correct answer is of course, "Bury Me."
- Leeann Ward: As far as I know, I have all of Dwight's albums. It's truly impossible to choose a favorite song, but …
- Michael: I wonder if Kasey Chambers will be visiting Dr. Gwen Korovin for treatment of her vocal cords...
- Dave D.: Just about any song off of Dwight's first three albums would qualify as a favorite; forced to pick one I'd …
- Jack Williams: No. Not Owner of a Lonely Heart. I was hoping for better when I saw the article title …