Shania Twain’s Face Perfect; Keith Urban Gets Festive; Even More Lists
- A study led by the University of Toronto found that Shania Twain‘s face has a perfect set of geometric measurements.
- From the article: HERE’S a heart-warming Yuletide tale that shows Caboolture lad Keith Urban really is a top guy. (via reader email)
- Farce the Music presents the worst country singles of 2009.
- Country Universe guest contributor Zack Jodlowski listed his 25 favorite Reba songs.
- Watch the purely instrumental “East Meets West” from John Cowan and his band at Music Fog.
- Twang Nation’s list of the year’s top albums expanded to 20 this year.
- Yesterday’s song of the day, via Texas Music Matters, was Jimmie Dale Gilmore‘s take on the John Lennon classic “Imagine.”
- Hickory Wind’s Hal Bogerd on the recent Drew Kennedy album: “Drew’s composed a moving homage to the road, the pleasures and the pain and “An Audio Guide To Cross Country Travel” is definitely a trip worth taking.”
- Download Joe Nichols‘ take on “Old Toy Trains” for free.
- The 9513 reader Jessica Cornett sent over her review of the CMT Tour stop with Jamey Johnson and Randy Houser in Louisville.
- Country Universe entered the top 50 in their countdown of the decade’s best singles.
- Watch the premiere of the Zac Brown Band‘s video for “Highway 20 Ride,” which can also be purchased on iTunes.
- My Kind of Country’s Occasional Hope on the recent Amber Digby release, Another Way To Live:
[...] if it had arrived a little earlier it would probably have made my top ten of the year. Boasting fine singing, great songs, and great production, this is a worthwhile purchase for any fan of real country music, especially as it was in the 1960s.
Amazon has a few 2009 releases worth checking out for $5:
- Notice: Our server will be undergoing scheduled maintenance tomorrow, so if you happen to hit the site while it’s down, don’t worry, it’ll come back up in a couple hours.
- luckyoldsun: Got to go with "The Ballad of Forty Dollars." Funny, if you saw the title and started listening to that song …
- Randy Prewitt: I would have to say my favorite Tom T.Hall song is "The Day Clayton Delaney Died.He has so many great …
- KathyP: "Faster Horses." Which reminds me I need to add it to my digital library.
- Leeann Ward: "Me and Jesus" and "Harper Valley PTA" are my favorites, I think. But I agree with Paul that it's not …
- Chad: "I Love" of course!
- nm: I enjoyed that Nashville recap from the Fug Girls, but the absolutely best recaps are in the Nashville Scene, by …
- Donald: "Don't Forget the Coffee, Billy Joe" is just one of my many favourites!
- paul w dennis: My favorite TTH sings are "I Can't Dance" and St. Louis Named A Shoe After Me" Of course, that just …
- luckyoldsun: Actually, it strikes me as a rather iffy subject for a museum. What kind of exhibits would they have? Jones …
- Tom: ...good idea, a george jones museum in nashville. is there a building tall enough for a voice and a career …