Shania Twain’s Face Perfect; Keith Urban Gets Festive; Even More Lists
- A study led by the University of Toronto found that Shania Twain‘s face has a perfect set of geometric measurements.
- From the article: HERE’S a heart-warming Yuletide tale that shows Caboolture lad Keith Urban really is a top guy. (via reader email)
- Farce the Music presents the worst country singles of 2009.
- Country Universe guest contributor Zack Jodlowski listed his 25 favorite Reba songs.
- Watch the purely instrumental “East Meets West” from John Cowan and his band at Music Fog.
- Twang Nation’s list of the year’s top albums expanded to 20 this year.
- Yesterday’s song of the day, via Texas Music Matters, was Jimmie Dale Gilmore‘s take on the John Lennon classic “Imagine.”
- Hickory Wind’s Hal Bogerd on the recent Drew Kennedy album: “Drew’s composed a moving homage to the road, the pleasures and the pain and “An Audio Guide To Cross Country Travel” is definitely a trip worth taking.”
- Download Joe Nichols‘ take on “Old Toy Trains” for free.
- The 9513 reader Jessica Cornett sent over her review of the CMT Tour stop with Jamey Johnson and Randy Houser in Louisville.
- Country Universe entered the top 50 in their countdown of the decade’s best singles.
- Watch the premiere of the Zac Brown Band‘s video for “Highway 20 Ride,” which can also be purchased on iTunes.
- My Kind of Country’s Occasional Hope on the recent Amber Digby release, Another Way To Live:
[...] if it had arrived a little earlier it would probably have made my top ten of the year. Boasting fine singing, great songs, and great production, this is a worthwhile purchase for any fan of real country music, especially as it was in the 1960s.
Amazon has a few 2009 releases worth checking out for $5:
- Notice: Our server will be undergoing scheduled maintenance tomorrow, so if you happen to hit the site while it’s down, don’t worry, it’ll come back up in a couple hours.
- Ken Morton, Jr.: The inferiority complex of the CMA never ceases to amaze me.
- Barry Mazor: Thanks for explaining that to me, Luckyol.
- luckyoldsun: Barry, I think you're taking it a bit too seriously. CMT has to keep coming up with new lists to make. …
- Barry Mazor: Thi is a world in which the "top 40 most influential country artists of all time" do not include, for …
- luckyoldsun: I just noticed that Garth and King George are still to come. So unless I'm missing something else, the remaining seven …
- Leeann Ward: I hate it when people pronounce the days of the week with a "dy" ending instead of "day." It's like …
- luckyoldsun: Looking at that bizarre CMT Artists' list with Johnny Cash coming in at #8, it raises the question--Who are the …
- Leeann Ward: I'd have to agree with LOS here. The song was fair game to be released. It's no surprised that it …
- luckyoldsun: "'Brotherly Love,' IS a Keith Whitley song. Trying to take advantage of the impact sales, and the tragedy of Keith’s …
- Leeann Ward: Yes, we know that it's technically a Keith Whitley song, as Juli noted above.