Shania Twain’s Face Perfect; Keith Urban Gets Festive; Even More Lists
- A study led by the University of Toronto found that Shania Twain‘s face has a perfect set of geometric measurements.
- From the article: HERE’S a heart-warming Yuletide tale that shows Caboolture lad Keith Urban really is a top guy. (via reader email)
- Farce the Music presents the worst country singles of 2009.
- Country Universe guest contributor Zack Jodlowski listed his 25 favorite Reba songs.
- Watch the purely instrumental “East Meets West” from John Cowan and his band at Music Fog.
- Twang Nation’s list of the year’s top albums expanded to 20 this year.
- Yesterday’s song of the day, via Texas Music Matters, was Jimmie Dale Gilmore‘s take on the John Lennon classic “Imagine.”
- Hickory Wind’s Hal Bogerd on the recent Drew Kennedy album: “Drew’s composed a moving homage to the road, the pleasures and the pain and “An Audio Guide To Cross Country Travel” is definitely a trip worth taking.”
- Download Joe Nichols‘ take on “Old Toy Trains” for free.
- The 9513 reader Jessica Cornett sent over her review of the CMT Tour stop with Jamey Johnson and Randy Houser in Louisville.
- Country Universe entered the top 50 in their countdown of the decade’s best singles.
- Watch the premiere of the Zac Brown Band‘s video for “Highway 20 Ride,” which can also be purchased on iTunes.
- My Kind of Country’s Occasional Hope on the recent Amber Digby release, Another Way To Live:
[...] if it had arrived a little earlier it would probably have made my top ten of the year. Boasting fine singing, great songs, and great production, this is a worthwhile purchase for any fan of real country music, especially as it was in the 1960s.
Amazon has a few 2009 releases worth checking out for $5:
- Notice: Our server will be undergoing scheduled maintenance tomorrow, so if you happen to hit the site while it’s down, don’t worry, it’ll come back up in a couple hours.
- bob: Thanks Barry. Just reserved the Adam Gussow book. Sounds interesting.
- Barry Mazor: It may be over-stated, in arriving at practically a single explanation of everything, but Adam Gussow's book on lynching and …
- Leeann: Wow! Heavy topic and horrifying indeed! "Beer for My Horses" was all fun and games until that reference, I'll have …
- Barry Mazor: Everything else aside, the way that reporter fills us in, with must-have, pointless generational snark included, about who this "Little …
- luckyoldsun: "The Night The Lights Went Out in Georgia" seems to be about a lynching--even if there's something about a judge …
- Arlene: Sorry. I meant to give the link for "Supper Time." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ58Kfe41kI
- Arlene: Another song sung by Ethel Waters: Irving Berlin's "Supper Time"
- bob: Powerful songs. I read the book "A Lynching in the Heartland" by James H. Madison about a dozen years ago. …
- Ron: Sky Above, Mud Below by Tom Russell is another.
- Jack Williams: Another Othis Taylor song from White African is "My Soul's in Louisiana."