Shania Twain’s Face Perfect; Keith Urban Gets Festive; Even More Lists
- A study led by the University of Toronto found that Shania Twain‘s face has a perfect set of geometric measurements.
- From the article: HERE’S a heart-warming Yuletide tale that shows Caboolture lad Keith Urban really is a top guy. (via reader email)
- Farce the Music presents the worst country singles of 2009.
- Country Universe guest contributor Zack Jodlowski listed his 25 favorite Reba songs.
- Watch the purely instrumental “East Meets West” from John Cowan and his band at Music Fog.
- Twang Nation’s list of the year’s top albums expanded to 20 this year.
- Yesterday’s song of the day, via Texas Music Matters, was Jimmie Dale Gilmore‘s take on the John Lennon classic “Imagine.”
- Hickory Wind’s Hal Bogerd on the recent Drew Kennedy album: “Drew’s composed a moving homage to the road, the pleasures and the pain and “An Audio Guide To Cross Country Travel” is definitely a trip worth taking.”
- Download Joe Nichols‘ take on “Old Toy Trains” for free.
- The 9513 reader Jessica Cornett sent over her review of the CMT Tour stop with Jamey Johnson and Randy Houser in Louisville.
- Country Universe entered the top 50 in their countdown of the decade’s best singles.
- Watch the premiere of the Zac Brown Band‘s video for “Highway 20 Ride,” which can also be purchased on iTunes.
- My Kind of Country’s Occasional Hope on the recent Amber Digby release, Another Way To Live:
[…] if it had arrived a little earlier it would probably have made my top ten of the year. Boasting fine singing, great songs, and great production, this is a worthwhile purchase for any fan of real country music, especially as it was in the 1960s.
Amazon has a few 2009 releases worth checking out for $5:
- Notice: Our server will be undergoing scheduled maintenance tomorrow, so if you happen to hit the site while it’s down, don’t worry, it’ll come back up in a couple hours.
- luckyoldsun: Jim Z-- I get the feeling Barry was this close to calling you what Kinky Friedman called his guy from El …
- Leeann Ward: Thanks, NM. I like a good pop hook, to be honest. So, maybe I need to try it again.
- Barry Mazor: OK, Jim Z. That changes everything. I surrender.
- Jim Z: to call the Dirty River Boys an "Austin area band" is still incorrect. They are based in El Paso.
- nm: Leeann, you and I often have similar tastes in more-traditional country. And, to my ears, Sam Hunt's voice and lyrics …
- Barry Mazor: Matter of fact, as always--I did. The notes say the album was recorded & mixed by and at "The …
- Roger: Looking forward to picking up the Jamey Johnson Christmas EP - love all of those songs and can't wait for …
- Jim Z: that record was recorded in El Paso. (you could look it up) and other than appearing in Austin once in …
- Leeann Ward: Yes, I can always use more dobro in my life! Thanks for the Phil Leadbetter tip! I haven't been able to …
- Barry Mazor: OK, Jim. The record's more or less out of Austin. But I'm sure they're also good in El Paso...