Shania Twain Stars in New TV Series; Willie Nelson and Robert Duvall Show Up for Shaver
- Shania Twain signed up for her own TV series, Why Not? With Shania Twain, which will run on OWN: The Oprah Winfrey Network.
- The video for Miranda Lambert‘s “The House That Built Me” is now available to the non-paying public.
- Clay Walker and Jewel both have new albums due out on June 8.
- Country California Fake News: John Rich’s House Even Cooler Than You Thought
We’ve all heard about the fully-stocked bar in the elevator, but that’s just the tip of the awesomeness iceberg, according to Mr. Mozart. There are also mini-bars in each of the five bathrooms, another fully-stocked bar in the master bedroom and a wine locker the size of a football field directly underneath the house. In addition to those liquid amenities, Mt. Richmore’s main bar (staffed by two bartenders and six buxom waitresses) also has a bar in its bathroom, and the pool table opens to reveal a beer vault.
- Blake Shelton helped ESPN’s Marty Smith choose theme songs for numerous NASCAR drivers.
- Farce the Music parodied Joe Nichol‘s “Gimme That Girl” with “Gimmie Fat Girl.”
- Doctors discovered and repaired an aortic aneurysm the size of a grapefruit in Hank Cochran before any serious damage was done.
- Interview with Sarah Jarosz.
- Willie Nelson and Robert Duvall showed up to support Billy Joe Shaver today.
Today’s video comes from Canadian Lucky Holloway, who released his album Up the Highway (stream here) earlier this year. (via email)
- Dave W.: Just read the news here. Will miss E145 very much - love this site. All the best to you Juli …
- Leeann Ward: Oh, dang! This is real. Farewell to the most generous, informative, quality, intelligent, consistent, ethical country music blog! You …
- bll: Thanks Juli for all the great articles and information; you'll be missed by me and I suss several others. Best …
- Both Kinds of Music: I hope people appreciate the irony that one of the best "Americana" albums is titled Metamodern Sounds in COUNTRY Music.
- Barry Mazor: I would not rule out that possibility..There's a different set of voters involved..
- Dana M: Does anyone else think that Brandy Clark actually has a good chance of winning since this isn't a country awards …
- Juli Thanki: UPDATE: Brandy Clark got a Best New Artist nom. BEST AMERICANA ALBUM: Rosanne Cash -- The River & The Thread John Hiatt -- Terms …
- luckyoldsun: Glenn Campbell is great and I'd love to see him get an award, but the words of that song may …
- Casey Penn: Juli, it was an honor to write for you here on Engine145.com. You're good at what you do, and The …
- bob: Go Brandy FGL - Just go away.