Shania Twain Stars in New TV Series; Willie Nelson and Robert Duvall Show Up for Shaver
- Shania Twain signed up for her own TV series, Why Not? With Shania Twain, which will run on OWN: The Oprah Winfrey Network.
- The video for Miranda Lambert‘s “The House That Built Me” is now available to the non-paying public.
- Clay Walker and Jewel both have new albums due out on June 8.
- Country California Fake News: John Rich’s House Even Cooler Than You Thought
We’ve all heard about the fully-stocked bar in the elevator, but that’s just the tip of the awesomeness iceberg, according to Mr. Mozart. There are also mini-bars in each of the five bathrooms, another fully-stocked bar in the master bedroom and a wine locker the size of a football field directly underneath the house. In addition to those liquid amenities, Mt. Richmore’s main bar (staffed by two bartenders and six buxom waitresses) also has a bar in its bathroom, and the pool table opens to reveal a beer vault.
- Blake Shelton helped ESPN’s Marty Smith choose theme songs for numerous NASCAR drivers.
- Farce the Music parodied Joe Nichol‘s “Gimme That Girl” with “Gimmie Fat Girl.”
- Doctors discovered and repaired an aortic aneurysm the size of a grapefruit in Hank Cochran before any serious damage was done.
- Interview with Sarah Jarosz.
- Willie Nelson and Robert Duvall showed up to support Billy Joe Shaver today.
Today’s video comes from Canadian Lucky Holloway, who released his album Up the Highway (stream here) earlier this year. (via email)
- Six String Richie: It's great to hear that Sundy Best has a new album coming out. I really encourage anybody that reads …
- Louie: "Brotherly Love," IS a Keith Whitley song. Trying to take advantage of the impact sales, and the tragedy of Keith's …
- Erik North: A big loss for not only the Nashville songwriting community, but for songwriting communities everywhere, in my opinion, that Paul …
- luckyoldsun: If they're only allowed one modern inductee per year in the H-o-F, then there's a backlog developing. You have Skaggs, …
- Leeann Ward: I'm not an ETC fan, but I do love "Brotherly Love" with Keith Whitley.
- luckyoldsun: It's got to be "What I'd Say." (I think that's the title.) There was some question, I believe, over whether …
- Paul W Dennis: probably "Nobody Falls Like A Fool" or "Silent Treatment"
- Lynchie from Aberdeen: Where in heck's name is "That Was A Close One"?!?!? It's the guy's best song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrR_2rXiKA0
- Cody: Love seeing ETC getting some credit! My five, in no particular order at first; Crowd Around the Corner Home So Fine I Have …
- Juli Thanki: I think it's technically a Keith Whitley song, but I've always been fond of his duet with ETC, "Brotherly Love."