Sara Evans Scores SOAP Sponsorship
- For the first time ever, ABC Daytime and SOAPnet are sponsoring a tour — Sara Evans‘ tour. As part of the deal, Evans will participate in performances on the networks and they’ll provide soap talent for appearances at her shows.
- Miranda Lambert‘s third album, Revolution, is scheduled for a September 29 release.
She wrote three songs on the album alone, and co-wrote a majority of the other tracks with writers including Blake Shelton, Ashley Monroe, Allen Shamblin and Lady Antebellum’s Dave Haywood and Charles Kelley who lends background vocals on “Love Song.” Also adding to the mix are songs by legendary Grammy winner John Prine and acclaimed artist Julie Miller.
- Come August 4, Justin Townes Earle, Old Crow Medicine Show, the Felice Brothers, Dave Rawlings and Gillian Welch will tour the East coast together.
- Farce the Music on Gretchen Wilson‘s new single: “‘If I Could Do It All Again’ is very reminiscent of Tim McGraw’s ‘My Next 30 Years’ in tone and also in the way it seems perfectly tailored to the singer’s life experiences and isn’t simply a laundry list of regrets.”
- Dierks Bentley is twittering about CMA Music Fest.
- Recent photos of Rodney Atkins exiting a Nashville-area Trader Joe’s sparked cries of anti-Americanism, according to a fake news piece from Country California.
The picture quickly went viral, appearing on many other popular websites before making the leap to print sources the following morning. One of the first newspapers to pick up the story was The Tennessean, which has a long history of super-size french frying controversies of this sort.
- Congrats to NashvilleGab for hitting the one year mark.
- At Gary Allan‘s fan club party on Tuesday, he revealed plans to record a live album, said his next studio album will be out in the fall and mentioned that fans can expect a cover of Buddy Miller and Julie Miller‘s “Gasoline and Matches” with LeAnn Rimes.
How does it make him feel to see his most dedicated fans all in one place? “I hope none of you come over and trash my car,” he joked, apparently alluding to his recent court case involving a stalker.
- Chris from My Kind of Country lists Tanya Tucker‘s “Soon,” Sugarland‘s “Stay” and SHeDAISY‘s “She Gets What I Deserve” as his three favorite songs about “the other woman” and asks: What are your favorite songs about the other woman?
- About.com’s Shelly Fabian compiled a list of the ten essential George Strait albums every fan should have.
- Jack Ingram is recording a video for his new single, “Barefoot & Crazy,” on Friday at Austin’s Lakeway Resort on Lake Travis and everyone is invited.
- New music from the Big Kenny.
- luckyoldsun: MH-- "...divisive, dismissive and argumentative." There's a shock. Who'da thunk it.
- MH: Looks like the IBMA is finding out what a lot of us already knew about former & frequent Engine 145 …
- Tom: ...it is almost the year 2015 - ain't it about time we leave people (celebrities included) having the personal relations …
- Paul W Dennis: I had assumed that Herndon was gay after the incident that Lucky Old Sun referenced, but bought the next Herndon …
- Jonathan Pappalardo: For anyone who wants to buy it, the Rosanne Cash 45 is available again. With 1000 copies being created, I …
- luckyoldsun: It seemed that the old morals arrest incident really did Herndon in. He was a pretty big country star before …
- CraigR.: Hopefully in the future being gay or straight won't matter at all. And then people won't have to hide their …
- Bruce: Jim has a remarkable voice for his age. Heck, for any age.
- bob: Good luck to Herndon and Gilman. I've seen Herndon in concert. While I liked his 90's material better, he's still …
- Leeann Ward: It was Brad Paisley and its on his Christmas album.