Sara Evans Files Restraining Order; Texas Tornadoes Release New Album; Free Cadillac Sky Download
- Sara Evans filed a temporary restraining order against her ex-husband to prevent him from making any derogatory statements about Evans or allegations about what led to their divorce.
- No Depression’s Grant Alden dismisses the campaign for Gram Parson‘s inclusion in the Country Music Hall of Fame:
I am baffled. Not simply because, to my ears, Parsons is…oh, man, I’m not trying to pick a fight, really I’m not…my standard line is this: If Emmylou Harris hadn’t proven to be Emmylou Harris, Gram Parsons would be a footnote, no better known than Peter Green.
- Newcomer Tyler Dickerson scored an opening gig for Brooks & Dunn‘s Last Rodeo Tour.
- Country Universe’s Forgotten Hits: Suzy Bogguss – “Hey Cinderella”
- The new Texas Tornados record Esta Bueno earned a high mark from Austin Music Source’s John T. Davis. In a separate article, Bismeaux Records business manager Peter Schwarz says the label will be working the record to a hybrid of different radio formats without a focus on one specific song.
- Although The Grascals‘ home is in bluegrass music, vocalist Jamie Johnson says one of the band’s goals is to be nominated for the CMA or ACM vocal group of the year.
- The grand opening celebration of Dolly Parton‘s Trinkets & Treasures retail store will be March 12 in downtown Nashville.
- Johnny Cash: A Ghost Rider, Still Stirring Souls
- Judging from the number of exclamation marks in Emma Janzen’s interview with Shawn Sahm, the Texas Tornados replacement is an enthusiastic dude. Don’t miss the “Who’s To Blame Senorita” mp3 at the bottom.
- The Boot listed the best country songs of the 1980s. No “Pancho & Lefty” from Willie Haggard?
- The New York Times‘ Jon Caramanica on Danny Gokey‘s musical direction: “‘My Best Days,’ his debut album, is for better and for worse Christian pop squeezed into Wranglers.”
- Country California: Quotable Country – 02/28/10 Edition
- Rawhide & Velvet launched a “milk carton campaign” to help find a few musicians and one tour bus missing from the Red Dirt music scene.
- This week in 1985 Ricky Skaggs had the No. 1 album with Country Boy. My Kind of Country listed the No. 1 albums for every five years since then.
- Country Universe’s Kevin J. Coyne posted a 12-song primer for Crystal Gayle‘s catalog.
- Country Haiku on Jake Owen‘s music:
An eight second ride
That is what I’m promising
Maybe even nine
- Betty White is a fan of country music, but doesn’t know if one of her most famous characters would have been.
- mrsandy: Also worth noting: Priscilla Mitchell was Jerry Reed's widow.
- Leeann Ward: Wow! My heart goes out to Allison Moorer. She's had so many terrible things happen in her life. It's too …
- Leeann Ward: I must have this audio book!
- Juli Thanki: Ha! Same thing happened at Sturgill Simpson's show I went to last month, only he was singing "I Never Go …
- Dave D.: On the topic of Lee Ann and dark songs, the funniest moment at this year's Americana Fest was during her …
- Jonathan Pappalardo: I love Lori McKenna. Coming from Massachusetts, she's our local girl. I've been fortunate to see her in concert a …
- bll: I suss her re-recording her hits for 'Gwendolen records' means she can stop MCA from releasing her hits against her.
- Greg Judy: Cooler festivals and marching bands at the football games!
- kevin ilinger: Fall colors bluegrass and apple cider
- luckyoldsun: If I was a "long-time fan" of Trisha, I'd probably spring for the CD.