Rhonda Vincent Notches Another Entertainer of the Year Win at Bluegrass Awards
- Rhonda Vincent has won Entertainer of the Year at the Bluegrass Awards every year since 2002 and this year was no different. Check out Edward Morris’ recap of the evening. And in light of a recent topic surrounding Vincent, the title of this article is ironic.
- This year’s Country Music Hall of Fame inductees will be announced on February 12. Anyone want to take a stab at the possible inductees?
- Ilan Brat says that compulsive ice eating was observed at least as far back as the 1600s, and has only grown over time. Vince Gill is one of those compulsive ice eaters.
For some people, going to a restaurant for the perfect ice is too much trouble. A few years ago, the singer Amy Grant wanted to find the perfect Christmas gift for her husband, Mr. Gill, the country-music star. She had a Scotsman machine costing several thousand dollars installed in their garage in Nashville.
- About five years after James Otto’s first release he is finally following it up with Sunset Man on April 8.
- MySA.com has a recap of performances by Ronnie Milsap, Miranda Lambert, and Alan Jackson at the San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo.
- A couple of web reports indicated that famous pot smoker Willie Nelson had quit smoking, but that may not be the case…
Nelson cut booze out of his diet many years ago and probably cigarettes as well. Though it might appear that he’s referring to marijuana, anyone who’s been on his bus lately knows Nelson not only continues to puff pot, he smokes the very best there is – known to his friends as “Willie Weed.”
One of Nelson’s publicists sent a two-letter comment: “HA!!!!” And we add to that: LOL!
- Willie Nelson says in celebration of his 75th birthday he’s going to be roasted on Comedy Central.
- Here’s some pictures from an Adam Hood video shoot.
- For Super Tuesday Jame McMurtry decided to make “Cheney’s Toy”, from his forthcoming album, available as a free download.
- Rascal Flatts failed to make an impression on David Hewitt during their Europe tour.
As with the case of Nickelback just a few years ago, it’s almost certain that Europe will fail to see the attraction of Rascal Flatts. Despite hailing from Nashville and being dumped firmly in the ‘country’ music category, aside from a few contrived violin or mandolin parts, their music is solidly middle-of-the-road soft rock. To make matters worse, it’s lyrically as well as musically predictable, ticking all the appropriate boxes of fast cars, girls and chasing dreams.
- Jessica Harp, one-half of Wreckers duo, got married yesterday to the fiddle player from her band.
- Taylor Swift’s website is encouraging visitors to vote for “Teardrops On My Guitar” on MTV’s TRL.
- A study of 279 songs from the 2005 year end Billboard charts found that country music came in second place among popular music for references to tobacco, alcohol, and other drugs. Rap had the highest percentage of references at 90% while country music was at 41%.
- Jeremy Dylan: One might say that a good way to pay tribute to RCA Studio a would be to not demolish it …
- Both Kinds of Music: What an excellent team-up.
- Pam Wallace: A day like yesterday,...driving through Ohio countryside with leaves beginning to turn and cows lying in the pastures because every …
- Jackie Lester: My favorite part of autumn is seeing wooly bear caterpillars!
- Mike harris: Love fall with the warm glow of the sun and all the beautiful fall colors
- Richrd Simerson: Love good old bluegrass music
- Six String Richie: Studio A will be replaced with a dog park, condos and restaurants. Gentrification at it's finest.
- Denise Vernon: Full moon with smell of leaves burning.
- Lisa Phillips: Love the Radio Ramblers! My favorite thing about fall is everything pumpkin.....coffee, cookies, muffins, pie.....etc!
- Sabrina Parnell: Def the cooler temps, football, great food , holidays on the way ,and of course more good country music releases.