Reba Bookends 2010 with No. 1 Singles; Eddie Montgomery Recovering After Successful Surgery
- Reba McEntire opened 2010 with the first No. 1 single and she’ll close the year with the last as well.
- Despite Julianne Hough‘s claims to the contrary, CMT did not ban her latest video for being too provocative.
[...] the reason the network is shying away from the video is because of contract negotiation problems, according to a rep. The negotiations are also affecting other artists, including Sugarland and LeAnn Womack. The rep says that when the negotiations are resolved the video will go back on the air.
- Kevin Fowler joined Colt Ford for his new video, “Hip Hop In a Honky Tonk.” Coincidentally, this one is available at CMT.
- PopMatters listed the best bluegrass of the year. (via The Bluegrass Blog)
- Baby News: It’s a boy for Josh Turner and a girl for Jay DeMarcus.
- Eddie Montgomery‘s surgery to treat prostrate cancer was successful.
- My Kind of Country: Occasional Hope’s Top 10 Albums of 2010
- Do Nashville’s professional songwriters think about country radio and its unspoken rules when they’re writing? That’s the question Craig Havighurst recently posed to songwriters Tom Douglas, Shawn Camp, and Natalie Hemby.
“Nashville in general has these parameters of language you can use in order to be on commercial radio,” Camp says. “They have these little razor-edge subject matter things you’ve got to ride. You can’t stray from that. And it wears you out mentally to try to write that all the time, and it makes you stale and makes you boring. I like to live outside of that when I can, but if the title tells me that’s where it’s got to go I want to write it as good as I can in that direction.”
- The Philadelphia Inquirer’s Nick Cristiano best in country/roots list includes albums from Marshall Chapman, Alan Jackson, Jamey Johnson, Marty Stuart and more.
- GAC’s Tom Roland recapped the fake country star Twitter account trend that cropped up in the past year.
- The Country Music Hall of Fame has extensive video footage from recent events with Dallas Frazier and Curly Seckler on its website.
- Country Universe: The Best Singles of 2010, Part 3: #20-#11
- Vernell Hackett talked to Christian Kane about his dual careers as an actor and country music singer.
- Jimmy Fallon recently invited John Rich to his show for a collaboration on his song “Drunk On Christmas,” which can be purchased on iTunes.
- Mike W: Really liking the new Ryan Bingham song, his last album really didnt do much for me, but this new song …
- nm: Oh, the old Sutler. The first time I visited Nashville, I went to a New Year's Eve show there: Lonesome …
- Tom: ...another "favorite child question". then again, what would the genre be without all the drama it's got to deal with. …
- luckyoldsun: Dwight's had so many great songs. From memory, I'd have to name "Bakersfield" with Buck Owens, "Guitars, Cadillacs," "Nothing" and …
- Scooter: Thanks Jonathon. Downloaded "Last Chance for a thousand years" and love it. Was unaware of that album.
- Donald: The correct answer is of course, "Bury Me."
- Leeann Ward: As far as I know, I have all of Dwight's albums. It's truly impossible to choose a favorite song, but …
- Michael: I wonder if Kasey Chambers will be visiting Dr. Gwen Korovin for treatment of her vocal cords...
- Dave D.: Just about any song off of Dwight's first three albums would qualify as a favorite; forced to pick one I'd …
- Jack Williams: No. Not Owner of a Lonely Heart. I was hoping for better when I saw the article title …