Ray Price Hospitalized for Severe Dehydration; New Dierks Bentley Record Due in Fall; Album Releases
- Ray Price was hospitalized for severe dehydration. But, as he posted on his Facebook page, he’s receiving fluids and feeling better.
- Dierks Bentley’s next album, Riser, will be released this fall.
- Stream You Don’t Know Me: Rediscovering Eddy Arnold, a new tribute record featuring Pokey LaFarge, Mandy Barnett, Chuck Mead, and more.
- Lee Ann Womack, Matraca Berg, and Rodney Crowell are among the artists appearing on Let Us In Americana (out June 25), an album that showcases songs by Paul McCartney and John Lennon. Proceeds will go to the Women and Cancer Fund.
- Buddy Miller and Jim Lauderdale played an NPR Tiny Desk Concert.
- Brian Mansfield gives George Strait’s new record four out of four stars, while Chuck Dauphin goes through the album track-by-track for The 615.
- Della Mae talks about their recent “American Music Abroad” tour and plays a few selections for the American Security Project.
- Taylor Swift will guest on the New Girl season finale on Fox tonight.
- Peter Cooper wrote a fine article on Kris Kristofferson, who plays the Ryman tomorrow night.
- Here’s a neat All Things Considered piece featuring Frankie Pine, the music supervisor for Nashville.
- Listen to Keith Urban’s new single, “Little Bit of Everything.”
- Ronnie Bowman will be playing with The Likely Culprits. He’s filling in for Ashby Frank, who signed a six month deal to perform on Carnival cruise ships.
- R&B singer R. Kelly (“Trapped in the Closet,” “I Believe I Can Fly”) tells Vibe that he has been “writing a lot of country songs.”
- Brad Paisley’s Chicago concert “felt more like a rock show than anything else, with some pedal steel, fiddle and country iconography added to it,” writes the Chicago Tribune’s Claudia Perry.
- Mary Gauthier’s “I Drink” is the American Songwriter Lyric of the Week.
- Stream Dillon Hodges’ debut album, Rumspringa.
- Jonny Fritz is a Rolling Stone Artist to Watch. (warning: autoplay)
- Marissa R. Moss wrote a lengthy feature on Kacey Musgraves for the May/June issue of American Songwriter.
- Bobby Bare’s recording of the Shel Silverstein-penned “Drunk and Crazy” is the newest installment of The A.V. Club’s “Hear This” series.
- Tomorrow at 10 p.m. Eastern, Yahoo Music is streaming a one hour Pistol Annies performance. (warning: autoplay)
- This week’s album releases:
The Del-Lords – Elvis Club
George Strait – Love is Everything
Trace Adkins – Love Will…
Ashleigh Flynn – A Million Stars
Randall Bramblett – The Bright Spots
The Expedition Show – Stormy Horizons
Glenn Jones – My Garden State
Jason Boland and the Stragglers – Dark & Dirty Mile
Dillon Hodges – Rumspringa
Chip Taylor – Block Out the Sirens of This Lonely World
Flatt and Scruggs with Doc Watson – Strictly Instrumental (MP3)
Waylon Jennings – Good Hearted Woman (MP3)
Tammy Wynette – The Ways to Love a Man (MP3)
Various Artists – Everybody Has a Story
Various Artists – You Don’t Know Me: Remembering Eddy Arnold
- Dave W.: Just read the news here. Will miss E145 very much - love this site. All the best to you Juli …
- Leeann Ward: Oh, dang! This is real. Farewell to the most generous, informative, quality, intelligent, consistent, ethical country music blog! You …
- bll: Thanks Juli for all the great articles and information; you'll be missed by me and I suss several others. Best …
- Both Kinds of Music: I hope people appreciate the irony that one of the best "Americana" albums is titled Metamodern Sounds in COUNTRY Music.
- Barry Mazor: I would not rule out that possibility..There's a different set of voters involved..
- Dana M: Does anyone else think that Brandy Clark actually has a good chance of winning since this isn't a country awards …
- Juli Thanki: UPDATE: Brandy Clark got a Best New Artist nom. BEST AMERICANA ALBUM: Rosanne Cash -- The River & The Thread John Hiatt -- Terms …
- luckyoldsun: Glenn Campbell is great and I'd love to see him get an award, but the words of that song may …
- Casey Penn: Juli, it was an honor to write for you here on Engine145.com. You're good at what you do, and The …
- bob: Go Brandy FGL - Just go away.