Ray Price Hospitalized for Severe Dehydration; New Dierks Bentley Record Due in Fall; Album Releases
- Ray Price was hospitalized for severe dehydration. But, as he posted on his Facebook page, he’s receiving fluids and feeling better.
- Dierks Bentley’s next album, Riser, will be released this fall.
- Stream You Don’t Know Me: Rediscovering Eddy Arnold, a new tribute record featuring Pokey LaFarge, Mandy Barnett, Chuck Mead, and more.
- Lee Ann Womack, Matraca Berg, and Rodney Crowell are among the artists appearing on Let Us In Americana (out June 25), an album that showcases songs by Paul McCartney and John Lennon. Proceeds will go to the Women and Cancer Fund.
- Buddy Miller and Jim Lauderdale played an NPR Tiny Desk Concert.
- Brian Mansfield gives George Strait’s new record four out of four stars, while Chuck Dauphin goes through the album track-by-track for The 615.
- Della Mae talks about their recent “American Music Abroad” tour and plays a few selections for the American Security Project.
- Taylor Swift will guest on the New Girl season finale on Fox tonight.
- Peter Cooper wrote a fine article on Kris Kristofferson, who plays the Ryman tomorrow night.
- Here’s a neat All Things Considered piece featuring Frankie Pine, the music supervisor for Nashville.
- Listen to Keith Urban’s new single, “Little Bit of Everything.”
- Ronnie Bowman will be playing with The Likely Culprits. He’s filling in for Ashby Frank, who signed a six month deal to perform on Carnival cruise ships.
- R&B singer R. Kelly (“Trapped in the Closet,” “I Believe I Can Fly”) tells Vibe that he has been “writing a lot of country songs.”
- Brad Paisley’s Chicago concert “felt more like a rock show than anything else, with some pedal steel, fiddle and country iconography added to it,” writes the Chicago Tribune’s Claudia Perry.
- Mary Gauthier’s “I Drink” is the American Songwriter Lyric of the Week.
- Stream Dillon Hodges’ debut album, Rumspringa.
- Jonny Fritz is a Rolling Stone Artist to Watch. (warning: autoplay)
- Marissa R. Moss wrote a lengthy feature on Kacey Musgraves for the May/June issue of American Songwriter.
- Bobby Bare’s recording of the Shel Silverstein-penned “Drunk and Crazy” is the newest installment of The A.V. Club’s “Hear This” series.
- Tomorrow at 10 p.m. Eastern, Yahoo Music is streaming a one hour Pistol Annies performance. (warning: autoplay)
- This week’s album releases:
The Del-Lords – Elvis Club
George Strait – Love is Everything
Trace Adkins – Love Will…
Ashleigh Flynn – A Million Stars
Randall Bramblett – The Bright Spots
The Expedition Show – Stormy Horizons
Glenn Jones – My Garden State
Jason Boland and the Stragglers – Dark & Dirty Mile
Dillon Hodges – Rumspringa
Chip Taylor – Block Out the Sirens of This Lonely World
Flatt and Scruggs with Doc Watson – Strictly Instrumental (MP3)
Waylon Jennings – Good Hearted Woman (MP3)
Tammy Wynette – The Ways to Love a Man (MP3)
Various Artists – Everybody Has a Story
Various Artists – You Don’t Know Me: Remembering Eddy Arnold
- Jack Williams: I'm a little surprised to hear of Shelby Lynne signing with another label, even if it is Rounder. She …
- A.B.: THREE new albums from Sturgill next year?! I'm excited for that!
- Keith Samuels: I can't wait to listen to the entire recording. What a treasure.
- numberonecountryfan: She did say the version of “How Do I Live” is the “country” version which was previously released to radio …
- bll: I'm happy for any new music from Trisha. I hope MCA doesn't decide to repackage her old stuff and release …
- Barry Mazor: I know for a fact that most of the album was recorded fresh and new with Garth Fundis some months …
- luckyoldsun: Michael, From the way it's being promoted, with Yearwood announcing a new label and a new album and with The Tennessean …
- Linda Salmons: Whoaa!!!! Makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck. Beautiful tone and nuance - unmistakably Auldridge.
- Michael A.: Billboard also posted a pretty good piece on the new Trisha Yearwood album yesterday. Unfortunately, it sounds like only …
- Kathy Gaddis: Very very nice!