Ray Price Hospitalized for Severe Dehydration; New Dierks Bentley Record Due in Fall; Album Releases
- Ray Price was hospitalized for severe dehydration. But, as he posted on his Facebook page, he’s receiving fluids and feeling better.
- Dierks Bentley’s next album, Riser, will be released this fall.
- Stream You Don’t Know Me: Rediscovering Eddy Arnold, a new tribute record featuring Pokey LaFarge, Mandy Barnett, Chuck Mead, and more.
- Lee Ann Womack, Matraca Berg, and Rodney Crowell are among the artists appearing on Let Us In Americana (out June 25), an album that showcases songs by Paul McCartney and John Lennon. Proceeds will go to the Women and Cancer Fund.
- Buddy Miller and Jim Lauderdale played an NPR Tiny Desk Concert.
- Brian Mansfield gives George Strait’s new record four out of four stars, while Chuck Dauphin goes through the album track-by-track for The 615.
- Della Mae talks about their recent “American Music Abroad” tour and plays a few selections for the American Security Project.
- Taylor Swift will guest on the New Girl season finale on Fox tonight.
- Peter Cooper wrote a fine article on Kris Kristofferson, who plays the Ryman tomorrow night.
- Here’s a neat All Things Considered piece featuring Frankie Pine, the music supervisor for Nashville.
- Listen to Keith Urban’s new single, “Little Bit of Everything.”
- Ronnie Bowman will be playing with The Likely Culprits. He’s filling in for Ashby Frank, who signed a six month deal to perform on Carnival cruise ships.
- R&B singer R. Kelly (“Trapped in the Closet,” “I Believe I Can Fly”) tells Vibe that he has been “writing a lot of country songs.”
- Brad Paisley’s Chicago concert “felt more like a rock show than anything else, with some pedal steel, fiddle and country iconography added to it,” writes the Chicago Tribune’s Claudia Perry.
- Mary Gauthier’s “I Drink” is the American Songwriter Lyric of the Week.
- Stream Dillon Hodges’ debut album, Rumspringa.
- Jonny Fritz is a Rolling Stone Artist to Watch. (warning: autoplay)
- Marissa R. Moss wrote a lengthy feature on Kacey Musgraves for the May/June issue of American Songwriter.
- Bobby Bare’s recording of the Shel Silverstein-penned “Drunk and Crazy” is the newest installment of The A.V. Club’s “Hear This” series.
- Tomorrow at 10 p.m. Eastern, Yahoo Music is streaming a one hour Pistol Annies performance. (warning: autoplay)
- This week’s album releases:
The Del-Lords – Elvis Club
George Strait – Love is Everything
Trace Adkins – Love Will…
Ashleigh Flynn – A Million Stars
Randall Bramblett – The Bright Spots
The Expedition Show – Stormy Horizons
Glenn Jones – My Garden State
Jason Boland and the Stragglers – Dark & Dirty Mile
Dillon Hodges – Rumspringa
Chip Taylor – Block Out the Sirens of This Lonely World
Flatt and Scruggs with Doc Watson – Strictly Instrumental (MP3)
Waylon Jennings – Good Hearted Woman (MP3)
Tammy Wynette – The Ways to Love a Man (MP3)
Various Artists – Everybody Has a Story
Various Artists – You Don’t Know Me: Remembering Eddy Arnold
- Barry Mazor: Luckyol; I've tried hard as I can to clarify the facts on the Artist-in-Residence thing for you. Sometimes, yes, …
- luckyoldsun: A.B. I didn't see the release that you're referring to, but I'll say Skaggs is the odds-on favorite. He has the …
- Barry Mazor: The categories for this year, the schedule says, Daniel, are, as every year, Modern era (ending 20 years back for …
- Daniel Mullins: Mr. Mazor- In your opinion, who do you think will be/should be inducted into the Hall on April 22nd?
- Barry Mazor: My own suggestion would be that it probably wouldn't pay off to read those sorts of things into Kyle Young's …
- A.B.: Barry's article was good. The quote from Mr Young mentioning Ralph Stanley is making me speculate though. He was probably …
- Janice Brooks: got this album early this morning and added Frankie Please for now.
- Daniel Mullins: I agree 100%. This is definitely one of Croweel's strongest albums. You can't help but feel more confident about yourself …
- Juli Thanki: David, yep, I'd say it's his best since The Houston Kid; though I think I like the songwriting on here …
- henry: He has a great story about "Fever on the Bayou," which I'm sure he told you about how long the …