Randy Travis Arrested; George Strait Scores 85th Top 10 Single; New Album Releases
- Randy Travis was arrested early Monday morning in Sanger, Texas on a charge of public intoxication. He has subsequently released a statement apologizing.
- April 10 is the release date of the Steep Canyon Rangers’ Nobody Knows You. While the band’s collaborations with Steve Martin have been released on Rounder, this will be the band’s first solo record for the label.
- “Love’s Gonna Make It Alright” is George Strait’s 85th Top 10 single, a number that’s second only to Eddy Arnold, who had 92 Top 10s.
- The 20th annual Tin Pan South Songwriters Festival, which will be held March 27-31, announced a few of this year’s performers, including Josh Turner and Jimmy Webb. The rest of the lineup will be announced next month.
- Matraca Berg, Deana Carter, and Kenny Chesney talk about “You and Tequila” in this video posted by the Tennessean.
- Peter Cooper’s newest Tennessean column is an interesting read about Cortelia Clark, a blind street musician who was the first folk artist from Nashville to win a Grammy.
- Wrinkle Neck Mules, Kathleen Edwards, Wagons, and more are featured on American Songwriter’s The Muse February Sampler, which is being offered as a free download.
- Singer-songwriter Joe Pug talks with Paste about his upcoming album, The Great Despiser, and shares a track from the record.
- Here’s an acoustic version of Chris Young’s “You.”
- Engine 145 is very proud to be the official online media partner of the fifth annual Golf & Guitars benefit, a celebrity pro-am golf tournament and country concert that will be held in Sacramento May 21-22. 100% of the proceeds are split between the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation and the Morton Golf Foundation, which brings the game of golf to underprivileged, disabled, and youth communities in the region. Artists playing this year, include Jack Ingram, David Nail, The Dirt Drifters, Jana Kramer, Jerrod Niemann, Steve Holy, and many others. Get more details here. As we get closer to the event, we’ll feature exclusive interviews, giveaways, and more.
- This week’s album releases:
Dierks Bentley – Home
Glen Campbell – Meet Glen Campbell (reissued with bonus tracks)
Farmer Jason – Nature Jams
Josh Grider – Live at Billy Bob’s Texas
Various Artists – The Music Inside: A Collaboration Dedicated to Waylon Jennings, Vol. 2
Various Artists – Hearts Across Texas