Randy Rogers Readies 3rd Annual Sake of the Song Festival
- Galleywinter has the lowdown on Randy Rogers’ 3rd Annual Sake of the Song Festival this Friday and Saturday, plus the history behind the festival.
- Jerrod Nieman added “The Way It Used To Be” to his MySpace, go check it out.
- When John Hiatt married his wife Nancy they each had a kid, which means the kids were always around, but now that the kids are grown he says they’re romantic again, and it’s that romance that influences his new album, Same Old Man. John Gerome describes it as “a middle-aged man’s love letter, his travelogue to a long and durable relationship.”
- Carrie Underwood is a vegetarian. Jessica Simpson wore a t-shirt proclaiming “Real Girls Eat Meat.” Speculation abounds. Could this whole “feud” simply be a marketing ploy to keep Simpson in the limelight? All that aside, the question everyone should be asking themselves is, what happened to Jessica Simpson’s feet? (thanks for the link, Lynn)
- Pat Green‘s newest single, “Let Me,” is up on his MySpace. He got Huffed.
- Dierks Bentley dishes to Craig Shelburne about life on the road and the bus. For some people it’s tough, but Bentley thinks it’s a blast, even when he sleeps in a bunk just like the rest of the band.
- Country Universe’s “100 Greatest Women” inches closer to the Top 10 by the day. It’s currently at No. 14 with Barbara Mandrell. Here’s a snippet from Kevin:
She completely transformed the notion of what a country music entertainer should be, breaking down barriers for women and raising the bar for all of those who followed her.
- Faith Hill‘s first Christmas album, Joy To The World, is slated for a September 16th release date and includes mostly standards but will have one original in “A Baby Changes Everything,” written by Tim Nichols, Craig Wiseman and K.K. Wiseman.
- Sarah Buxton added five more songs to her MySpace blog for your feedback.
- On July 15 Taylor Swift will release a CD/DVD collection exclusively through Wal-Mart. Titled Beautiful Eyes, the collection will contain previously released material with two new songs–the title track and an acoustic version of “Teardrops On My Guitar.”
- Checkout NPR for Kathleen Edward‘s set list from a recent show at Philadelphia’s NON-COMMvention and listen to a live recording from WXPN.
- Several contestants who tried out for Nashville Star, and for one reason or another didn’t make it, joined Matt during his live blog last night and made a few interesting revelations about the show and its process.
- Dave W.: Just read the news here. Will miss E145 very much - love this site. All the best to you Juli …
- Leeann Ward: Oh, dang! This is real. Farewell to the most generous, informative, quality, intelligent, consistent, ethical country music blog! You …
- bll: Thanks Juli for all the great articles and information; you'll be missed by me and I suss several others. Best …
- Both Kinds of Music: I hope people appreciate the irony that one of the best "Americana" albums is titled Metamodern Sounds in COUNTRY Music.
- Barry Mazor: I would not rule out that possibility..There's a different set of voters involved..
- Dana M: Does anyone else think that Brandy Clark actually has a good chance of winning since this isn't a country awards …
- Juli Thanki: UPDATE: Brandy Clark got a Best New Artist nom. BEST AMERICANA ALBUM: Rosanne Cash -- The River & The Thread John Hiatt -- Terms …
- luckyoldsun: Glenn Campbell is great and I'd love to see him get an award, but the words of that song may …
- Casey Penn: Juli, it was an honor to write for you here on Engine145.com. You're good at what you do, and The …
- bob: Go Brandy FGL - Just go away.