Randy Rogers Readies 3rd Annual Sake of the Song Festival
- Galleywinter has the lowdown on Randy Rogers’ 3rd Annual Sake of the Song Festival this Friday and Saturday, plus the history behind the festival.
- Jerrod Nieman added “The Way It Used To Be” to his MySpace, go check it out.
- When John Hiatt married his wife Nancy they each had a kid, which means the kids were always around, but now that the kids are grown he says they’re romantic again, and it’s that romance that influences his new album, Same Old Man. John Gerome describes it as “a middle-aged man’s love letter, his travelogue to a long and durable relationship.”
- Carrie Underwood is a vegetarian. Jessica Simpson wore a t-shirt proclaiming “Real Girls Eat Meat.” Speculation abounds. Could this whole “feud” simply be a marketing ploy to keep Simpson in the limelight? All that aside, the question everyone should be asking themselves is, what happened to Jessica Simpson’s feet? (thanks for the link, Lynn)
- Pat Green‘s newest single, “Let Me,” is up on his MySpace. He got Huffed.
- Dierks Bentley dishes to Craig Shelburne about life on the road and the bus. For some people it’s tough, but Bentley thinks it’s a blast, even when he sleeps in a bunk just like the rest of the band.
- Country Universe’s “100 Greatest Women” inches closer to the Top 10 by the day. It’s currently at No. 14 with Barbara Mandrell. Here’s a snippet from Kevin:
She completely transformed the notion of what a country music entertainer should be, breaking down barriers for women and raising the bar for all of those who followed her.
- Faith Hill‘s first Christmas album, Joy To The World, is slated for a September 16th release date and includes mostly standards but will have one original in “A Baby Changes Everything,” written by Tim Nichols, Craig Wiseman and K.K. Wiseman.
- Sarah Buxton added five more songs to her MySpace blog for your feedback.
- On July 15 Taylor Swift will release a CD/DVD collection exclusively through Wal-Mart. Titled Beautiful Eyes, the collection will contain previously released material with two new songs–the title track and an acoustic version of “Teardrops On My Guitar.”
- Checkout NPR for Kathleen Edward‘s set list from a recent show at Philadelphia’s NON-COMMvention and listen to a live recording from WXPN.
- Several contestants who tried out for Nashville Star, and for one reason or another didn’t make it, joined Matt during his live blog last night and made a few interesting revelations about the show and its process.
- Leeann Ward: Way to go to David Cantwell for getting a name drop! Great interview, Juli! Womack's new album is awesome! I've not always …
- Jonathan Pappalardo: Great interview as always, Juli! The new album is fantastic. "Same Kind of Different" is my favorite cut although "Fly" is …
- Dave D.: Good interview. Looking forward to the new record, and particularly interested in hearing her version of Brennen Leigh's "Sleeping with …
- nm: I guess it's not surprising that a singer who gets her songs all over the place, the way Womack does, …
- SunsetPark: As a Pennsylvanian to this day, thanks for the list. I haven't heard the Quecreek song and so can't …
- Paul W Dennis: I would urge readers to check out the Billy Edd Wheeler salute on October 18, 2014. Billy Edd Wheeler is …
- Leeann Ward: I'm really liking Pink's folk duo song! I'm looking forward to the album!
- Donald: LOS, you made me giggle. Thank you.
- luckyoldsun: An in related news, an E.P.A. inspector is preparing to slap the cuffs on Nancy Jones tomorrow.
- luckyoldsun: Looks like old Lynn is not done saying "I beg your pardon..."