Pre-Order Radney Foster CD and Preview Zac Brown Band’s ‘Toes’
- Radney Foster‘s new album, Revival, is available for pre-order and the first 1,000 fans to do so will receive a free five-song EP. The new CD will be released on Sept. 1 and includes collaborations with Dierks Bentley and Darius Rucker.
- Congrats to Lanibug, Stormy and Nicole for picking up a copy of Ray Charles‘ Modern Sounds in Country and Western Music, Volumes 1 & 2 in our latest giveaway. Keep an eye out for a couple of our upcoming giveaways, too. We’ll have a chance for you to win the new album from Charlie Robison and a few Keith Urban grilling packages from KC Masterpiece and Kingsford that I’d like to keep for myself.
- Travis Tritt‘s father passed away on Monday at the age of 76.
- Ed Wank and Dave O’Brien from 97.1 Hank FM posted several video interviews, 14 to be exact, from CMA Music Fest with artists ranging from Jake Owen, Luke Bryan and Julianne Hough to Tracy Lawrence, Tanya Tucker and Charlie Daniels.
- Ryan from The Eye of The Hurricane recapped last weekend’s Sake of the Song Festival, which is hosted by Dickson Productions and the Randy Rogers Band.
- A Truer Sound rounded out yesterday’s Uncle Tupelo demo with two more: Live & Otherwise and Colorblind & Rhymeless.
- Tom Russell collaborated with Calexico for his upcoming album Blood and Candle Smoke, due out on Sept. 25. Listen to “Santa Ana Wind” and “Mississippi River Runnin’ Backwards” on MySpace.
- Tom Russell is also among the many contributors to a new Jimmie Rodgers book, Waiting For a Train: Jimmie Rodger’s America, planned to be released in July.
- This coming Tuesday, that cute trio of female pop-country singers will finally release their long-awaited, long-delayed debut EP which includes their latest single about sexy independent women with attitude. Country California has an exclusive sneak peek at the digital cover art.
- Paul from Groover’s Paradise wishes he could write a song as clever as Kris Kristofferson‘s “The Taker.” Taker a listen.
- My Kind of Country: So what are your favorite songs about trying to “get over him/her?”
- Hank Williams, Jr. performed a song from his new album 127 Rose Avenue on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon the other night and afterward he hung around to trade verses with Fallon, who does a respectable job singing and appears genuinely pleased, on “Family Tradition.”
Watch the sneak peek video for the Zac Brown Band‘s upcoming video for “Toes.”
- Leeann Ward: Interesting! I just got an email from Amozon saying that they cancelled my preorder of Jamey Johnson's Christmas album due …
- luckyoldsun: Jim Z-- I get the feeling Barry was this close to calling you what Kinky Friedman called his guy from El …
- Leeann Ward: Thanks, NM. I like a good pop hook, to be honest. So, maybe I need to try it again.
- Barry Mazor: OK, Jim Z. That changes everything. I surrender.
- Jim Z: to call the Dirty River Boys an "Austin area band" is still incorrect. They are based in El Paso.
- nm: Leeann, you and I often have similar tastes in more-traditional country. And, to my ears, Sam Hunt's voice and lyrics …
- Barry Mazor: Matter of fact, as always--I did. The notes say the album was recorded & mixed by and at "The …
- Roger: Looking forward to picking up the Jamey Johnson Christmas EP - love all of those songs and can't wait for …
- Jim Z: that record was recorded in El Paso. (you could look it up) and other than appearing in Austin once in …
- Leeann Ward: Yes, I can always use more dobro in my life! Thanks for the Phil Leadbetter tip! I haven't been able to …