Pre-Order Radney Foster CD and Preview Zac Brown Band’s ‘Toes’
- Radney Foster‘s new album, Revival, is available for pre-order and the first 1,000 fans to do so will receive a free five-song EP. The new CD will be released on Sept. 1 and includes collaborations with Dierks Bentley and Darius Rucker.
- Congrats to Lanibug, Stormy and Nicole for picking up a copy of Ray Charles‘ Modern Sounds in Country and Western Music, Volumes 1 & 2 in our latest giveaway. Keep an eye out for a couple of our upcoming giveaways, too. We’ll have a chance for you to win the new album from Charlie Robison and a few Keith Urban grilling packages from KC Masterpiece and Kingsford that I’d like to keep for myself.
- Travis Tritt‘s father passed away on Monday at the age of 76.
- Ed Wank and Dave O’Brien from 97.1 Hank FM posted several video interviews, 14 to be exact, from CMA Music Fest with artists ranging from Jake Owen, Luke Bryan and Julianne Hough to Tracy Lawrence, Tanya Tucker and Charlie Daniels.
- Ryan from The Eye of The Hurricane recapped last weekend’s Sake of the Song Festival, which is hosted by Dickson Productions and the Randy Rogers Band.
- A Truer Sound rounded out yesterday’s Uncle Tupelo demo with two more: Live & Otherwise and Colorblind & Rhymeless.
- Tom Russell collaborated with Calexico for his upcoming album Blood and Candle Smoke, due out on Sept. 25. Listen to “Santa Ana Wind” and “Mississippi River Runnin’ Backwards” on MySpace.
- Tom Russell is also among the many contributors to a new Jimmie Rodgers book, Waiting For a Train: Jimmie Rodger’s America, planned to be released in July.
- This coming Tuesday, that cute trio of female pop-country singers will finally release their long-awaited, long-delayed debut EP which includes their latest single about sexy independent women with attitude. Country California has an exclusive sneak peek at the digital cover art.
- Paul from Groover’s Paradise wishes he could write a song as clever as Kris Kristofferson‘s “The Taker.” Taker a listen.
- My Kind of Country: So what are your favorite songs about trying to “get over him/her?”
- Hank Williams, Jr. performed a song from his new album 127 Rose Avenue on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon the other night and afterward he hung around to trade verses with Fallon, who does a respectable job singing and appears genuinely pleased, on “Family Tradition.”
Watch the sneak peek video for the Zac Brown Band‘s upcoming video for “Toes.”
- Bobby P.: Thanks for the link to my one hit wonder article!
- Leeann: I'm glad you reviewed this album. I think your rating is what I'd give it too. It's a good album, …
- luckyoldsun: That Bobby Bare/Bill Parsons story has been often told, but I still don't quite understand how two then-nobodies could go …
- Leeann: The Jack Clement album is quite good!
- Donald: "Ryan Adams announced .... the August 19 release of “1984,'" Which, I'm told, is the fifteen years later update of his …
- Lynchie from Aberdeen: Delighted to hear that Hot Rize have a new album coming out – and thanks for the link to that …
- luckyoldsun: Nobody can do Karaoke George Jones like Kershaw!
- Bruce: LW, Don't apologize for your Bryant comment. You were more gracious than I would have been.
- Bruce: My vote is for Marty Stuart for his exhaustive body of work that is directional yet diversified.
- Leeann: Dang! Let me write my above sentence again!: Kelley MicKwee’s album is sounding good so far too. I really like “Beautiful …