Pistol Annies Cancel Tour Dates; David Via Recovering From Assault; New Album Releases
- David Via was attacked by a stranger over the weekend. He’s facing some serious medical costs and, with a broken jaw, he’ll be unable to perform for some time. Bluegrass Today has information on how you can help.
- The CMA Music Festival crowd was underwhelmed by Lenny Kravitz.
- The Pistol Annies have canceled their upcoming tour dates due to “unforeseen circumstances.” Miranda Lambert will play those shows as a solo act.
- Mumford & Sons had to postpone their next three shows so that bassist Ted Dwane can undergo emergency surgery to treat a blood clot on the surface of his brain.
- The Del McCoury Band’s newest project is setting unheard Woody Guthrie lyrics to music. Check it out.
- Jason Isbell was featured on All Things Considered.
- Blair Garner will host America’s Morning Show on Nash FM 94.7 beginning later this month. Lee Ann Womack, Sunny Sweeney, Terri Clark, and Chuck Wicks have also signed on to co-host.
- Want to read another article on the vinyl revival? The New York Times has you covered.
- Vince Gill and Paul Franklin talk about their fantastic forthcoming album, Bakersfield, with Chuck Dauphin of The 615.
- Apple announced that their new streaming music service, iTunes Radio, will be launched in the fall.
- Booker T. Jones will release his next album, Sound the Alarm, in two weeks on Stax Records.
- Here’s another addition to your summer reading list: Andrew Vaughan’s John Hartford book, Pilot of a Steam Powered Aereo-Plain.
- Dan Tyminski came in at No. 8 on the Washington Post “music dubbing hall of fame” slideshow.
- Aaron Cohen reviewed the Chicago Blues Festival for the Tribune.
- On Sunday, Craig Morgan assisted first responders at the scene of a highway crash that involved three tractor-trailers.
- Kelly Clarkson debuted a new song at CMA Fest last week. Listen to “Tie It Up” here.
- We Are Tonight, Billy Currington’s next album, will be released on September 17.
- Take a tour of Boston’s food trucks with Della Mae.
- Need to practice your banjo rolls? There’s an app for that.
- The Wall Street Journal Speakeasy blog premiered a new Court Yard Hounds song. “Are You Man Enough?” was co-written and produced by Ryan Adams.
- The Civil Wars released a new song.
- This week’s album releases. As always, thank you to those who purchase stuff through our affiliate links; it helps us keep the lights on:
Jason Isbell – Southeastern
Sturgill Simpson – High Top Mountain
Aoife O’Donovan – Fossils
Mike Zito & The Wheel – Gone to Texas
John Moreland – In the Throes
Various Artists – Now That’s What I Call Country, Vol. 6
- Both Kinds of Music: What an excellent team-up.
- Pam Wallace: A day like yesterday,...driving through Ohio countryside with leaves beginning to turn and cows lying in the pastures because every …
- Jackie Lester: My favorite part of autumn is seeing wooly bear caterpillars!
- Mike harris: Love fall with the warm glow of the sun and all the beautiful fall colors
- Richrd Simerson: Love good old bluegrass music
- Six String Richie: Studio A will be replaced with a dog park, condos and restaurants. Gentrification at it's finest.
- Denise Vernon: Full moon with smell of leaves burning.
- Lisa Phillips: Love the Radio Ramblers! My favorite thing about fall is everything pumpkin.....coffee, cookies, muffins, pie.....etc!
- Sabrina Parnell: Def the cooler temps, football, great food , holidays on the way ,and of course more good country music releases.
- Debbie W: the changing colors of the leaves