‘Noble Things’ Now Playing in Select Theaters; Blake Shelton’s ‘Hillbilly Bone’; Augie Meyers Profiled
- Noble Things, a movie featuring Lee Ann Womack and Tracy Byrd in their big screen debuts, opens in a limited number of theaters today. Read Pierce Greenberg’s review of the film.
- Watch the video premiere of Blake Shelton‘s “Hillbilly Bone” featuring Trace Adkins.
- Ralph Emery has been on radio and television for the past 58 years and he thinks each year will be his last, but he suspects this year might really be the last.
- Taylor Swift is not a Nazi.
- Remember when Tracy Lawrence was hospitalized and diagnosed with pneumonia a couple of months ago? In a recent interview with The Norman Transcript he revealed that he also contracted the H1N1 virus and combined with his asthma he was hit pretty hard, knocking him out of commission for five or six weeks. (via GAC)
- Country Universe’s Kevin J. Coyne continued his worst singles of the decade countdown with part three.
- Chet Flippo argues that country music runs in cycles that last roughly a decade, possibly even 8.6 years, and thus there will not be another Taylor Swift.
- Tim McGraw has no faith in his friends:
“I don’t really look at names when I’m looking at songs,” Tim tells GAC, “because I’m scared if I pay attention to who wrote the song, or I see a friend’s name, that two things will happen: When I see a friend’s name, either I won’t think it’s any good because they’re my friend, or I’ll cut it just because they’re my friend.”
- Allison Moorer‘s new album, Crows, is slated for a Feb. 9, 2010 release.
- Kitty Wells and Johnny Wright celebrate their 72nd wedding anniversary today.
- The third song, “Undo It,” leading up to next week’s release of Carrie Underwood‘s album Play On was released a few days ago. (iTunes)
- The Austin Chronicle‘s Margaret Moser published a lengthy profile on Augie Meyers and relayed the stories behind three of his songs. And in another article, Doug Freeman reviewed Meyers’ latest album, Country.
- Watch Gene Watson‘s new video, featuring Rhonda Vincent, for “Staying Together.”
- Janice Brooks: Hopes somebody gets those memos about drinking songs. Meanwhile I'm feeling a lot of slots with Bluegrass.
- Leeann: Great news about Ricky Skaggs and Sharon White's duet album! Absolutely appalling about the Keith Urban concert!! Both the rape and …
- bob: I found the Billboard article about country music radio needing an alcohol intervention interesting. Songwriter Adam Wright is quoted as …
- Matt: Definitely agree with C.M. about Maddie & Tae. Certainly not the tidal wave of change some claimed it is or …
- Dave D.: Good stuff, as always. My copy of Producing Country arrived yesterday, and it looks to be as good as …
- Scooter: I agree Holly Williams can do no wrong in my eyes. Such a good album and great to see live …
- Carrie Mclaughlin: Your my Hero Mr. Jim Lauderdale!!! Come to Alaska Please? hehehehe
- Jeremy Dylan: You should check it out Dave D. It's from the first (and strongest) season.
- Leeann: Wow! I love that Holly William's cover of "No Surrender"! She's gotten to be so good.
- luckyoldsun: I made it through a minute of that "Girl In a Country Song Video." Man, that sucks.