‘Noble Things’ Now Playing in Select Theaters; Blake Shelton’s ‘Hillbilly Bone'; Augie Meyers Profiled
- Noble Things, a movie featuring Lee Ann Womack and Tracy Byrd in their big screen debuts, opens in a limited number of theaters today. Read Pierce Greenberg’s review of the film.
- Watch the video premiere of Blake Shelton‘s “Hillbilly Bone” featuring Trace Adkins.
- Ralph Emery has been on radio and television for the past 58 years and he thinks each year will be his last, but he suspects this year might really be the last.
- Taylor Swift is not a Nazi.
- Remember when Tracy Lawrence was hospitalized and diagnosed with pneumonia a couple of months ago? In a recent interview with The Norman Transcript he revealed that he also contracted the H1N1 virus and combined with his asthma he was hit pretty hard, knocking him out of commission for five or six weeks. (via GAC)
- Country Universe’s Kevin J. Coyne continued his worst singles of the decade countdown with part three.
- Chet Flippo argues that country music runs in cycles that last roughly a decade, possibly even 8.6 years, and thus there will not be another Taylor Swift.
- Tim McGraw has no faith in his friends:
“I don’t really look at names when I’m looking at songs,” Tim tells GAC, “because I’m scared if I pay attention to who wrote the song, or I see a friend’s name, that two things will happen: When I see a friend’s name, either I won’t think it’s any good because they’re my friend, or I’ll cut it just because they’re my friend.”
- Allison Moorer‘s new album, Crows, is slated for a Feb. 9, 2010 release.
- Kitty Wells and Johnny Wright celebrate their 72nd wedding anniversary today.
- The third song, “Undo It,” leading up to next week’s release of Carrie Underwood‘s album Play On was released a few days ago. (iTunes)
- The Austin Chronicle‘s Margaret Moser published a lengthy profile on Augie Meyers and relayed the stories behind three of his songs. And in another article, Doug Freeman reviewed Meyers’ latest album, Country.
- Watch Gene Watson‘s new video, featuring Rhonda Vincent, for “Staying Together.”
- Dave W.: Just read the news here. Will miss E145 very much - love this site. All the best to you Juli …
- Leeann Ward: Oh, dang! This is real. Farewell to the most generous, informative, quality, intelligent, consistent, ethical country music blog! You …
- bll: Thanks Juli for all the great articles and information; you'll be missed by me and I suss several others. Best …
- Both Kinds of Music: I hope people appreciate the irony that one of the best "Americana" albums is titled Metamodern Sounds in COUNTRY Music.
- Barry Mazor: I would not rule out that possibility..There's a different set of voters involved..
- Dana M: Does anyone else think that Brandy Clark actually has a good chance of winning since this isn't a country awards …
- Juli Thanki: UPDATE: Brandy Clark got a Best New Artist nom. BEST AMERICANA ALBUM: Rosanne Cash -- The River & The Thread John Hiatt -- Terms …
- luckyoldsun: Glenn Campbell is great and I'd love to see him get an award, but the words of that song may …
- Casey Penn: Juli, it was an honor to write for you here on Engine145.com. You're good at what you do, and The …
- bob: Go Brandy FGL - Just go away.