‘Noble Things’ Now Playing in Select Theaters; Blake Shelton’s ‘Hillbilly Bone'; Augie Meyers Profiled
- Noble Things, a movie featuring Lee Ann Womack and Tracy Byrd in their big screen debuts, opens in a limited number of theaters today. Read Pierce Greenberg’s review of the film.
- Watch the video premiere of Blake Shelton‘s “Hillbilly Bone” featuring Trace Adkins.
- Ralph Emery has been on radio and television for the past 58 years and he thinks each year will be his last, but he suspects this year might really be the last.
- Taylor Swift is not a Nazi.
- Remember when Tracy Lawrence was hospitalized and diagnosed with pneumonia a couple of months ago? In a recent interview with The Norman Transcript he revealed that he also contracted the H1N1 virus and combined with his asthma he was hit pretty hard, knocking him out of commission for five or six weeks. (via GAC)
- Country Universe’s Kevin J. Coyne continued his worst singles of the decade countdown with part three.
- Chet Flippo argues that country music runs in cycles that last roughly a decade, possibly even 8.6 years, and thus there will not be another Taylor Swift.
- Tim McGraw has no faith in his friends:
“I don’t really look at names when I’m looking at songs,” Tim tells GAC, “because I’m scared if I pay attention to who wrote the song, or I see a friend’s name, that two things will happen: When I see a friend’s name, either I won’t think it’s any good because they’re my friend, or I’ll cut it just because they’re my friend.”
- Allison Moorer‘s new album, Crows, is slated for a Feb. 9, 2010 release.
- Kitty Wells and Johnny Wright celebrate their 72nd wedding anniversary today.
- The third song, “Undo It,” leading up to next week’s release of Carrie Underwood‘s album Play On was released a few days ago. (iTunes)
- The Austin Chronicle‘s Margaret Moser published a lengthy profile on Augie Meyers and relayed the stories behind three of his songs. And in another article, Doug Freeman reviewed Meyers’ latest album, Country.
- Watch Gene Watson‘s new video, featuring Rhonda Vincent, for “Staying Together.”
- jenny patrick: my favorite part of autumn is the smell of a bonfire to roast weiners and marshmallows on .
- jeanie kinman: My favorite part of Autumn is all the festivals with bands playing Bluegrass music..Come on down to Ky Joe Mullins …
- Keith Saterwhite: My favorite part of Autumn are the beautiful colors on the trees, here in the foothills of the Blueridge Mountains.
- phillip Martinez: Thanks Joe, for always the great music.
- Martin DeSimio: Fresh apple cider.
- Jessica Whited: My favorite part of autumn is the chance to have bonfires with my friends and family.
- Sandy Kapphahn: Love the fall colors!
- Erik North: Caitlin Rose has become one of my favorite female singers of any genre in this century; and I think her …
- Sandy Chatfield: My favorite part of autumn.....football!
- Teresa McGraw: My favorite part of Autumn is pulling out the sweaters.