Nicole Kidman’s Bump is Keith Urban’s Baby
- The rumors were true, Keith Urban is going to be a dad.
- Country Music Hall of Famer Ken Nelson passed away at age 96. He was known as a Capitol Record executive that was an integral part of the “Bakersfield Sound” and well as the “Nashville Sound” and the producer of Buck Owens’ “Act Naturally,” Merle Haggard’s “Silver Wings,” and Hank Thompson’s “The Wild Side Of Life”.
- Mario Tarradell lists Ryan Bingham and Jackson Taylor as two of the next big names in Texas music. Good call, Mario.
- In The Tao of Willie Willie Nelson talks about losing everything he owned to the IRS and the lessons and values it taught him, but he concludes with, “Of course, not everyone values the same things.”
Not too long ago, my friend Ray Price called me up to tell me there was one thing he’d learned in life.
“What is it?” I asked.
And he said, “Money makes women horny.”
- Carrie Underwood will be headlining her first tour this year and the opening act is Josh Turner.
- If you watched last week’s Celebrity Apprentice then you know Joe Don Rooney’s wife was sent home, but country music still has ties on the show with Trace Adkins. Even if he doesn’t win, Adkins hopes to raise awareness “of the growing numbers of people, especially children, with food allergies — like his 6-year-old daughter, Brianna.”
- Eye of the Hurricane blogger Tank is at MusicFest in Steamboat, CO right now where’ he’s sending live updates and pictures to his blog. On day one he saw Wade Bowen, Jack Ingram, Dub Miller, Bonnie Bishop with Adam Hood, Ryan James with Ryan Turner and it was all topped off with a song from Cory Morrow. Sounds like a complete day to me.
- The Charlie Daniels Opry induction ceremony will take place on January 19 at the Ryman, where the Opry is being held until March 1.
- James McMurtry will release a new album on April 15 with Lightning Rod Records. The self-produced album, Just Us Kids, will be the debut release for the new record label.
- In case you’ve forgotten, let me remind you about five John Anderson reissues that were released today: I Just Came Home to Count the Memories, All the People Are Talkin’, Eyes of a Hurricane, Tokyo, Oklahoma, Countrified.
- They’ve been surprisingly absent of all the hype this year, but you’ve got until Sunday to nominate your favorite blogs for the 2008 Bloggies. Do something BOLD and nominate a country music blog in the “Best Weblog About Music” category. It doesn’t have to be ours, as there are certainly other worthy contenders in the right hand sidebar, but let’s shed some light on this dark corner of the internet known as the country music blogosphere. Be bold, people.
- nm: Taylor Swift was on CSI once. Not only was Steve Earle on The Wire, in one episode Omar quoted him about …
- Barry Mazor: It's only a slight stretch to recall when Jimmy Dean met James Bond: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbwDGtj84YY
- Arlene: I suspect you'll also be including an episode of L.A. Law....
- luckyoldsun: The Johnny Cash episode was the one Columbo case where you really felt "the b--- had it coming."
- A.B.: Janice - I saw that too and sent him a Tweet about it.
- Janice Brooks: Peter Cooper needs an edit. Stringbean did not die in 1964.
- Leeann: I can't contribute to this list, but I did think of Steve Earle and The Wire. It's not my …
- Jeremy Dylan: That was a great episode of Monk. The "Georgia On My Mind" scene is just heartbreaking.
- Juli Thanki: I think I'm the only person in the world who never got into "The Wire." Earle was on "SVU" a …
- Jack Williams: Steve Earle on The Wire.