Nicole Kidman’s Bump is Keith Urban’s Baby
- The rumors were true, Keith Urban is going to be a dad.
- Country Music Hall of Famer Ken Nelson passed away at age 96. He was known as a Capitol Record executive that was an integral part of the “Bakersfield Sound” and well as the “Nashville Sound” and the producer of Buck Owens’ “Act Naturally,” Merle Haggard’s “Silver Wings,” and Hank Thompson’s “The Wild Side Of Life”.
- Mario Tarradell lists Ryan Bingham and Jackson Taylor as two of the next big names in Texas music. Good call, Mario.
- In The Tao of Willie Willie Nelson talks about losing everything he owned to the IRS and the lessons and values it taught him, but he concludes with, “Of course, not everyone values the same things.”
Not too long ago, my friend Ray Price called me up to tell me there was one thing he’d learned in life.
“What is it?” I asked.
And he said, “Money makes women horny.”
- Carrie Underwood will be headlining her first tour this year and the opening act is Josh Turner.
- If you watched last week’s Celebrity Apprentice then you know Joe Don Rooney’s wife was sent home, but country music still has ties on the show with Trace Adkins. Even if he doesn’t win, Adkins hopes to raise awareness “of the growing numbers of people, especially children, with food allergies — like his 6-year-old daughter, Brianna.”
- Eye of the Hurricane blogger Tank is at MusicFest in Steamboat, CO right now where’ he’s sending live updates and pictures to his blog. On day one he saw Wade Bowen, Jack Ingram, Dub Miller, Bonnie Bishop with Adam Hood, Ryan James with Ryan Turner and it was all topped off with a song from Cory Morrow. Sounds like a complete day to me.
- The Charlie Daniels Opry induction ceremony will take place on January 19 at the Ryman, where the Opry is being held until March 1.
- James McMurtry will release a new album on April 15 with Lightning Rod Records. The self-produced album, Just Us Kids, will be the debut release for the new record label.
- In case you’ve forgotten, let me remind you about five John Anderson reissues that were released today: I Just Came Home to Count the Memories, All the People Are Talkin’, Eyes of a Hurricane, Tokyo, Oklahoma, Countrified.
- They’ve been surprisingly absent of all the hype this year, but you’ve got until Sunday to nominate your favorite blogs for the 2008 Bloggies. Do something BOLD and nominate a country music blog in the “Best Weblog About Music” category. It doesn’t have to be ours, as there are certainly other worthy contenders in the right hand sidebar, but let’s shed some light on this dark corner of the internet known as the country music blogosphere. Be bold, people.
- luckyoldsun: Someone should do a feature on the current "next generation" sons-of-superstar country artists--Hank III, Shooter Jennings, Bobby Bare Jr., Dean …
- Jack: Not impressed by Justin Townes Earle's low view of country music.
- nm: Does anyone know whatever became of the album that Shelby Lynne and Allison Moorer were going to do together?
- luckyoldsun: I'm not surprised. Artists who can't get seem to get a satisfactory deal with a commercial label always say how …
- Jack Williams: I'm a little surprised to hear of Shelby Lynne signing with another label, even if it is Rounder. She …
- A.B.: THREE new albums from Sturgill next year?! I'm excited for that!
- Keith Samuels: I can't wait to listen to the entire recording. What a treasure.
- numberonecountryfan: She did say the version of “How Do I Live” is the “country” version which was previously released to radio …
- bll: I'm happy for any new music from Trisha. I hope MCA doesn't decide to repackage her old stuff and release …
- Barry Mazor: I know for a fact that most of the album was recorded fresh and new with Garth Fundis some months …