New Releases (April 19): Ralph Stanley, Robyn Ludwick & Zoe Muth; Sunny Sweeney For Free; Hayes Carll & Amanda Shires On Daytrotter
- Sunny Sweeney‘s “Staying’s Worse Than Leaving” is the iTunes Free Single of the Week. (Check out Blake Boldt’s review here on The 9513)
- Over at Country California, CM listed his favorite tracks from albums that were for the most part released in March. I’ll get a jump on him and say I hope Zoe Muth‘s “If I Can’t Trust You With A Quarter (How Can I Trust You With My Heart)” makes his April list.
- Music Fog:
- Country California: Quotable Country – 04/17/11 Edition
- Daytrotter posted a couple of cool sessions form Amanda Shires (can’t go wrong with the “Train” song) and Hayes Carll.
- Country Universe’s Leeann Ward reviewed the self-titled debut from Craig Campbell favorably:
The combination of [Keith] Stegall’s spot on arrangements, Campbell’s commanding baritone, and the song’s sing-able melodies provides a very fulfilling sonic experience for the listener who longs to hear unapologetic country music in the mainstream again. In fact, the brightest spot on the album is a severe, though sincere, indictment on the current state of country music that simply concludes, “If you gotta tell me how country you are, you prob’ly ain’t.”
The Electric Earmuff posted a few videos from a recent Justin Townes Earle concert at The Basement in Nashville, including performances of “Ain’t Glad I’m Leavin’,” “Ain’t Waitin’,” and “I Don’t Care.” (via Nashville Cream)
- Pam Wallace: A day like yesterday,...driving through Ohio countryside with leaves beginning to turn and cows lying in the pastures because every …
- Jackie Lester: My favorite part of autumn is seeing wooly bear caterpillars!
- Mike harris: Love fall with the warm glow of the sun and all the beautiful fall colors
- Richrd Simerson: Love good old bluegrass music
- Six String Richie: Studio A will be replaced with a dog park, condos and restaurants. Gentrification at it's finest.
- Denise Vernon: Full moon with smell of leaves burning.
- Lisa Phillips: Love the Radio Ramblers! My favorite thing about fall is everything pumpkin.....coffee, cookies, muffins, pie.....etc!
- Sabrina Parnell: Def the cooler temps, football, great food , holidays on the way ,and of course more good country music releases.
- Debbie W: the changing colors of the leaves
- joyce King: I love FALL, the day your album Sept.25th is our wedding anniversary 46th!!! We have a fall Bean Supper, …