New Releases (April 12): Alison Krauss, Del McCoury, Jason Isbell and More
Alison Krauss & Union Station – Paper Airplane
Del McCoury Band & Preservation Hall Jazz Band – American Legacies
Granger Smith – Poets & Prisoners
Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit – Here We Rest
Mark McKinney – Home
The Train Wrecks – Saddle Up
Willie Nelson & Ray Price – Willie & Ray (Vinyl)
- Deborah Evans Price’s wrote a cover story on Brad Paisley and his new album for Billboard. Here’s his thoughts on the title track, “This Is Country Music:”
“The song itself is what inspired the album, which is the best way to have an album come about,” Paisley says as he sinks into an overstuffed chair at home on his 85-acre spread outside Nashville. ” ‘This Is Country Music’ is track one. It sets the tone. And from then on, all the songs on the album fill certain slots and paint the rest of the picture. It’s almost like that’s the opening credits, and then you have the rest of the movie to follow.”
- The new Del McCoury album is available for streaming on his website.
- Country California: Quotable Country – 04/10/11 Edition
- Juli Thanki interviewed Eric Gibson of The Gibson Brothers for DC Noise.
- 20 Questions with Gary Floater:
How much more unreleased material are you sitting on? Will we see a Tupac scenario where even years after your death there will be new Gary Floater material released?
Johnny Cash is still going strong and I heard he only died a few years ago. I’ve got songs stuffed in the walls and buried in the yard. I’d like to see ‘em try to find em all.
Sometimes I whisper my songs to old ladies at the grocery store for safekeeping. The only safe way to write a song is in the steam on the shower door. And in fact, thousands of my songs are unrecorded.
Also…I don’t know what you mean about a two-pack scenario…I usually buy a twelve-pack and when it’s gone it’s gone brother. No tears can bring those beers back to life, and I’ve tried.
- Sara Evans recently performed in Walmart’s Soudcheck studio.
- Jake Owen‘s single “Barefoot Blue Jean Night” is available for purchase on iTunes.
- Free Download: Max Stalling – “Fantasy Dinner”
- Farce the Music: Country Day April ’11
- Leeann Ward: I'm not an ETC fan, but I do love "Brotherly Love" with Keith Whitley.
- luckyoldsun: It's got to be "What I'd Say." (I think that's the title.) There was some question, I believe, over whether …
- Paul W Dennis: probably "Nobody Falls Like A Fool" or "Silent Treatment"
- Lynchie from Aberdeen: Where in heck's name is "That Was A Close One"?!?!? It's the guy's best song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrR_2rXiKA0
- Cody: Love seeing ETC getting some credit! My five, in no particular order at first; Crowd Around the Corner Home So Fine I Have …
- Juli Thanki: I think it's technically a Keith Whitley song, but I've always been fond of his duet with ETC, "Brotherly Love."
- luckyoldsun: Lots of very good artists have not had anywhere near the radio play and hits that Lee Ann Womack has …
- Hard Times: Just read Jewly Hight's feature on Womack. I couldn't believe Womack has had only a half dozen or so Top …
- Barry Mazor: Leeann, Im not surprised about your sister's response--or that, for many, Garth Brooks now equals the ancient days of country …
- nm: I think that anyone who likes country music or Nashville and visits Nashville for those reasons is pretty quickly made …